YOUR name in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey!

I suppose we'll only find out the winners of this when Odyssey lands (is that a pun?).

And, actually, I wonder if they meant to enter your real name... as that's not what I did :D

I suppose we'll only find out the winners of this when Odyssey lands (is that a pun?).

And, actually, I wonder if they meant to enter your real name... as that's not what I did :D

Same here, don't want my real name in game, my game name is what I want in game, that's what everyone knows me as! Having my real name would be pretty pointless! Of course they may just throw out any "not real name" entries, that would be to bad, but at least it will reduce the number of names in the lottery.

My RL name is an Ellis Island contrivance, so it wouldn't be mine anyways. I imagine most people have names that aren't "authentically" theirs.

Same here, don't want my real name in game, my game name is what I want in game, that's what everyone knows me as! Having my real name would be pretty pointless! Of course they may just throw out any "not real name" entries, that would be to bad, but at least it will reduce the number of names in the lottery.
Well as they haven’t reopened it or anything I suppose they must have got enough real names, but as you say picking five out of six valid entries should have been simple.

I would say that a name is authentically yours after a couple of generations.
images.jpg

That is an interesting take.
I have family members that are modifying the Ellis Island spelling to suit their own sensibilities right now, so it is morphing over the lifetime of an individual owner.
I wonder if their own children will alter it further.

Personally, my surname would just end up being attributed to either a Medal of Honor winner or a SciFi ship artist.

As to my Commander being in game...
MJaTrRR.png

Edit: Too late, there are already 6 stations with my surname. I'd never ego surfed EDDB before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom