Ya ever had one of those days?

When everything had been going swell, then you suddenly have that one day where everything that can go wrong, does?

• You get swarmed and killed by pirates within 2 seconds of them opening fire...... Twice
  • Instead of the usual 5-15 seconds you get interdictions that last 2+ minutes!
  • You get scanned with a hot passenger/cargo while in silent running at perceptively the absolute worst moment.
  • Upon returning from a tour, you accidentally boost yourself into the back wall of the space station and your 6.5mil passenger ejects, you lose rep with the minor faction, and have to reverse to your pad at the front of the port. <facepalm>

I think it's time to lay off ED for a day or two.......[blah]

Let's start a thread. What went wrong for you?

I moved geological equipment from an industry outpost to an extraction outpost and made a loss.

Sorry, can't add anything worse.

Some people have one of those days.
Others have one of those lives.

Always be sure to turn off "Kick Me When I'm Down" mode before starting Elite.

My usual bad days are just after buying a new expensive ship and have only money for a few upgrades.
So first flight out I decide to tackle a minor npc thinking "this should be an easy test for new ship". Generally involves either rebuy screen or hefty repair bill at next star port.

Most recent one was in Beta, when I bought T10,
.... don't bother trying to fight interdictions in one, it's almost impossible.

I figured I'd charge my FSD by flying into the tail of a neutron star but it wasn't a neutron star apparently. I got trapped while it wrecked my ship and then finally escaped after the windshield shattered.

I tried to limp to a station but couldn't see where I was going and ran out of oxygen.

Actually, that one was rather funny so... never mind.

Oh yes, especially early in the game. I had 2 or 3 nights when I went to bed thinking I would uninstall it the next day. 2000 hours later, most things don't faze me, but I still get annoyed once in a while.

Just flew out to Palin to work on some dirty drives before the upgrade. Upon arriving I noticed I forgot to store three 4A thrusters before I left my home station. Now I have to wait 52 minutes for the thrusters I did store to transfer over, upgrade them and then fly back to store the others and do it all over again.

Oh well, it's only time.....

Spent lots of time, materials, and millions of credits getting a chunk of the fleet shipped around, refitted, and engineered, but by the time I was done, I forgot why.

Spent lots of time, materials, and millions of credits getting a chunk of the fleet shipped around, refitted, and engineered, but by the time I was done, I forgot why.

Hey! I know about doing THAT! I still have a couple of ships in really far away and strange places for I don't remember why.

Took a mission yesterday that was going to provide me with 4 CIF's, only to receive 2 bio conductor whatevers when I completed the thing.
"Thanks" [up]

verminstar

Banned
Just the other day, just another planetary scan mission...all was fine, landed about 2km from the base in a crater and decided that after spending a good 10 minutes trying to actually find a landing spot, I would just not dismiss it this time.

So, got to the base, killed the turret and two skimmers...wait what hold on why was there only 2 skimmers? Must have been a bug, skimmers are always bugged anyway have been fer months trying to fly into the ground and vanishing...think nothing more of it.

So I do the scan and from outta nowhere, a navy fighter starts trying to cook the srv...time to try running while trying to figure out where it came from as I had checked beforehand and there was nothing in the area.

After what felt like half an hour running, sliding, crashing, repairing, falling, cursing and swearing later, I think I got away only to recieve the message that the mothership was under attack. As it turned out not from the navy fighter who magically reappeared as I was 500m from the ship...the skimmer I missed was killing my ship. In desperation as the sheild was down on its last ring, I tried dismissing the ship as the skimmer was bugged and I couldnt hit it at all, but it was too late and the single bugged skimmer cost me a rebuy...as I sat cursing at the screen, the navy guy killed the srv too fer good measure.

I cant repeat what I said at the time, but havin a bad day? Once or twice...

I get them all the time.

Just want to do one simple task, and ED says No.

I had a thread of the same title "ED says No" but I can't find it now, and it's probably locked, which documented mine, and many others, bad days.

If anyone's google-fu is better than mine currently is, feel free to link me to my own damn thread!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Last edited:
When everything had been going swell, then you suddenly have that one day where everything that can go wrong, does?

• You get swarmed and killed by pirates within 2 seconds of them opening fire...... Twice
  • Instead of the usual 5-15 seconds you get interdictions that last 2+ minutes!
  • You get scanned with a hot passenger/cargo while in silent running at perceptively the absolute worst moment.
  • Upon returning from a tour, you accidentally boost yourself into the back wall of the space station and your 6.5mil passenger ejects, you lose rep with the minor faction, and have to reverse to your pad at the front of the port. <facepalm>

I think it's time to lay off ED for a day or two.......[blah]

Let's start a thread. What went wrong for you?

I definitely have had such days.
When I feel I am not concentrated enough, and start making numerous little, careless mistakes, and making bad decisions, I stop playing.

I did the 5000 ly trip for Palin only to get back and stupidly decide to drop in on an non human threat 5 in my Viper 4. Destroyed by aliens and lost 5000 ly worth of exploration data!

My worst day in Elite was 2 years ago... i finally got enough credits to buy my first Python so i decided to made her first voyage a exploration one to a near nebulae, when i was 300 LY away from thew buble i ended up between 2 stars, so you can imagine i started roasting like a chicken.. i managed to pull out in the last minute but my cockpit received a big hit and exploded... (of all the modules that could went out, had to be the cockpit), so i ended up suffocating. To make it worse... as you can guess, i had no enough money for the rebuy so enden up back to a Sidewinder... i still have it, is called the "shame cone".... true story

Top Bottom