Xbox hotas price gouging

i get not being able to play with out one. i don't think i can ever go back to a controller.

what's broken on your HOTAS? there are some fixes floating that can be done.

when time allows i will be unsoldering all the potentiometers and soldering in new ones that i bought online.
Hi graflex22,

Would you please provide details on the replacement potentiometers you’ve found, such as their spec, part no., and manufacturer. I'd like to source a few to replace some of mine.

Hi graflex22,

Would you please provide details on the replacement potentiometers you’ve found, such as their spec, part no., and manufacturer. I'd like to source a few to replace some of mine.
Mouser Electronics

Mouser Part #774-251B12T104A2NB
Manufacturer Part #251B12T104A2NB

i ordered six and used one to fix the throttle. throttle works great now, though the new Potentiometer seems to have a shorter "throw".

the spindle has the same amount of physical ability to turn but electronically seems to ignore the last 1/4 of the turn, if that makes sense. i'm not sure if it's the way these new Potentiometers are made or if it is a one off defect. i'll be installing the others for yaw, pitch and roll as time allows.

Iv been toying with the idea of getting HOTAS for a while, even more so now I'm racking up the hours on MSFS, but the issue has always been that they are more TOY than TOOL, I don't see why with the increasing demand for flight controllers a decently constructed stick option has never surfaced. The MSFS flight yolk certainly looks better put built but it wouldn't suit ED or my new F15 but hey ho I live in hope

Iv been toying with the idea of getting HOTAS for a while, even more so now I'm racking up the hours on MSFS, but the issue has always been that they are more TOY than TOOL, I don't see why with the increasing demand for flight controllers a decently constructed stick option has never surfaced. The MSFS flight yolk certainly looks better put built but it wouldn't suit ED or my new F15 but hey ho I live in hope
It's all about the money. The technology to make things plug and play has been around since the 90's but if MS did that they would loose out on some extra money. They are fully aware that hardcore players like us would easily shell out $200+ for a good hotas but they wont earn anything from that. So instead they make a deal to only lock in a single source. Thus they have no competitors and have no desire to to increase the quality of their product. Seriously this thrustmaster hotas was used on the PS3 and costs $60 new. Its criminal if you ask me.

the spindle has the same amount of physical ability to turn but electronically seems to ignore the last 1/4 of the turn, if that makes sense. i'm not sure if it's the way these new Potentiometers are made or if it is a one off defect. i'll be installing the others for yaw, pitch and roll as time allows.

Could be the controller/firmware only recognizing a smaller resistance range than the pot is capable of. You'd need the exact specs on the original to compare.

It's all about the money. The technology to make things plug and play has been around since the 90's but if MS did that they would loose out on some extra money. They are fully aware that hardcore players like us would easily shell out $200+ for a good hotas but they wont earn anything from that. So instead they make a deal to only lock in a single source. Thus they have no competitors and have no desire to to increase the quality of their product. Seriously this thrustmaster hotas was used on the PS3 and costs $60 new. Its criminal if you ask me.
Well said; MS/Thrustmaster could do if they wanted too, as the HOTAS One works across PC and Xbox with mere flip of a switch - why not put similar switch on Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS ?? Only explanation -- backroom deal for $$$ my guess. And regarding $200 for hotas, I'd buy another Warthog rig and a PS5 if I could fly across all three platforms with one setup.

MSFS supports most third party controllers, no?

I'm using the same HOTAS for PS4/PS5 (Elite),PC (MSFS) , or are you talking about the XBox compatibility? In which case, fully agree with you. Elite also has very limited controller support on console. Just recognise the device and let us map our own controls.

MSFS supports most third party controllers, no?

I'm using the same HOTAS for PS4/PS5 (Elite),PC (MSFS) , or are you talking about the XBox compatibility? In which case, fully agree with you. Elite also has very limited controller support on console. Just recognise the device and let us map our own controls.
I'm talking about the compatibility. I would like the option to choose whichever hotas I would like just like PC players can.

Top Bottom