Will Console CMDR's be given any compensation for their loss of first footfall due to months of disparity between Odyssey release?

Serious.

A. The OST and suit that pre-orders on PC got and Consoles were due to get at the same time with pre-order until delay announced
B. All lore sites locked off from first-foot until all customers / players can race to get the accolade and their name on it forever

Basically the two exact things we were all on equal footing for back in November before they announced the delay to Consoles. The first has now been put into doubt by Arthur saying he would have to ask and not following up on it yet some weeks later, and the second was first announced as locked off until Console release to give all players equal chance then retracted due to a mix up over whether first foot would apply at all until Console version released.

Surely PC players can't / wouldn't object that other customers get the same deal and chance for accolades as they do / did? And Frontier said it wouldnt happen again after the Cobra iv (which I dont have and is fine as didnt pre-order on XB, PS Cmdrs didnt get the chance at all). I would happily have and still will pre-order Console Odyssey version both before and after the delay announcement to get the same deal as every other customer who pre-orders regardless of platform. Tell me its the same deal and where to pre-order today and Im quite happy to pay up front right now.
Well it seems like there are problems, and then there are problems. I think your issue falls into the second category.

Sorry, but I don't support your position at all. Following your argument we should probably delay the entire Odyssey release until the console version is ready. This isn't just completely selfish, it's also somewhat entitled. Apart from that it's perfectly normal that stuff doesn't get released simultaneously on PC and consoles.
I do hope you get the chance to preorder and get the OST and skin though.

Remember that in 6 years, the combined PC and Console population has visited only 0.05% of the galaxy's star systems.

As you keep ignoring the fact that there are only a couple hundred lore planets that are relevant Ill stop bothering trying to explain to you.

Strange that as it seems like its mostly some PC owners who feel entitled on this thread...
If it's anything like first discovery in the basegame, "lore planets" will already count as discovered and won't have anything to claim in the first place. So I don't think they're even relevant.

That would be fair enough, but as they are mostly uninhabited in the depths of nowhere, and as that question was specifically not answered during the Q&A thread about it where they redacted withholding first foot I shall keep asking for parity with other customers for the accolade, especially as were first promised it then it was taken away afterwards by delays outside our control..

And most INRA / Thargoid / Guardian / abandoned bases like Davs Hope sites & the ones resulting from LPs and UCBs / Exodus Project & even Zuara worlds etc were not first discovered at launch. I'm talking about the uninhabited lore planets outside the bubble, the hidden lore sites, not The Moon or Achenar 2.

That would be fair enough, but as they are mostly uninhabited in the depths of nowhere, and as that question was specifically not answered during the Q&A thread about it where they redacted withholding first foot I shall keep asking for parity with other customers for the accolade, especially as were first promised it then it was taken away afterwards by delays outside our control..

And most INRA / Thargoid / Guardian / abandoned bases like Davs Hope sites & the ones resulting from LPs and UCBs / Exodus Project & even Zuara worlds etc were not first discovered at launch. I'm talking about the uninhabited lore planets outside the bubble, the hidden lore sites, not The Moon or Achenar 2.
What parity ? Even amongst PC player there won't be any. Even amongst those who preorder. When the DLC drops, some will download it sooner because they have better connection. Others will be asleep because it will be in the middle of the night. Or at work.

It's not a race, it's a free for all.

Also, lore planets you think of were already discovered, mapped, and explored with SRV. First footfall means very little at that point for those planets, except on the personal level (but in the "first for you" sense).

Well it seems like there are problems, and then there are problems. I think your issue falls into the second category.

Sorry, but I don't support your position at all. Following your argument we should probably delay the entire Odyssey release until the console version is ready. This isn't just completely selfish, it's also somewhat entitled. Apart from that it's perfectly normal that stuff doesn't get released simultaneously on PC and consoles.
I do hope you get the chance to preorder and get the OST and skin though.

Indeed it's also perfectly normal that things happen the other way around...

And does quite often.

PS4 commanders to be awarded Cobra MK4 and both Xbox and PS4 commanders to be allocated a Jameson Station Arcade with classic Elite and her glorious sequels to be played within. Yes, make it happen, thanks. 😎

Seriously, though, this disparity affords PC commanders the means to race ahead claiming all the planets I'm sure some console commanders might want to stake their claim to - especially in player faction systems. Hmm.

Jameson Arcade for the win! Do it!
Welcome to what happened when the Gamma players were allowed to keep their saves.

Yep the only fair way to do this is automatically give first footfall to whoever first discovered those sites. After all, from a lore point of view we've always been able to get out and walk on planets.

Within the bubble you can bet most of the first footfalls will be taken by the time EDO comes to consoles. Outside the bubble there will be heaps. Although you may have had a better chance within the bubble if FD had left the ridiculous Exo scanner mini game in. It certainly would have stopped me from using the blinking thing.

Inhabited systems will already have first footfall claimed, probably by the people living there, and not just in the bubble but presumably Colonia and anywhere else with any stations or outposts etc or any population at all. Uninhabited bubble systems are up for grabs but apart from a few lore sites or POIs will be equally 'uninteresting' to players and any is as good as another to just tag your name permanently.

Top Bottom