Why do you think FD decided to forget about the DDF?

The topic of this thread.
That people don't understand they only paid for the opportunity to chat with the dev's about development and that FDEV delivered fully on that already simply by hosting and taking part in the DDF ?.

I'm still not seeing your perceived lack of value on "the rest" here.

You don't have to Stigbob.

Do you have anything new to add to the conversation? I assume the cool kids have gone to the VIP area.
I keep asking you what it is you imagine that you are missing and you don't seem able to identify it. I'm guessing you've been knocked back for your refund and now think you can somehow further that quest by griping to me about it, even though I just find it funny and know you won't get one.

I keep asking you what it is you imagine that you are missing and you don't seem able to identify it. I'm guessing you've been knocked back for your refund and now think you can somehow further that quest by griping to me about it, even though I just find it funny and know you won't get one.
I rather think your 'ignorant and proud' stance has become the topic, yes.

Good god, can you two (Riverside and Stigbob) just kiss and make up! You are both as bad as each other and just as predicable. I am pretty sure I could write your posts for you, they all follow an identical format.

Look I think of both of you as valuable members of the Community, and as forum friends but enough is enough. The only thing that is being achieved is both of you looking like pedantic children arguing over something meaningless. If you want to continue, do it via PM because I am sure I am not the only one who just doesn't care anymore on whatever you two are arguing incessantly about. Add to this that it draws in trolls on both sides and it just isn't conductive to a healthy forum.

So please, either bury the hatchet (figuratively speaking, not in each other's craniums lol) or take it off line!

Good god, can you two (Riverside and Stigbob) just kiss and make up! You are both as bad as each other and just as predicable. I am pretty sure I could write your posts for you, they all follow an identical format.

Look I think of both of you as valuable members of the Community, and as forum friends but enough is enough. The only thing that is being achieved is both of you looking like pedantic children arguing over something meaningless. If you want to continue, do it via PM because I am sure I am not the only one who just doesn't care anymore on whatever you two are arguing incessantly about. Add to this that it draws in trolls on both sides and it just isn't conductive to a healthy forum.

So please, either bury the hatchet (figuratively speaking, not in each other's craniums lol) or take it off line!
Address the post not the poster 🤪(y).

Give it a rest M00ka, I didn't start this and have tried to keep things relevant. This is just the Stigbob vs anyone show.

Last edited:
I don't think FDev forgot about the ddf, it just not emphasized. People expected (and Fdev didn't do much to counter this) the ddf to be a holy bible for game design. In reality (from where I sit), its status is more like Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, with some pages torn out for 'emergencies'.

It was never even that.

£300 quid a head to have some FDEV employees get spammed to listen politely to the advice and wish-lists of random unqualified people on the internet without openly sniggering.

DDF was delivered in full.
And here folks is why the posts go off the rails. Whilst the DDF was not a list of promises ... It was NOT what stigbob keeps insisting. He absolutely knows each DDF proposals was developer lead and signed off. Not a promise for sure but it WAS developer lead.

And IF the developers were sitting there sniggering either openly or privately after they posted their final designs like stigbob says, after taking often £1000s off the people involved that would make FD absolutely nasty individuals. Thankfully each time I have met them it was not the impression I got.

Last edited:
In any product development :)

The XJ220 (1990's supercar) is a good example of what happens when a product is marketed as one thing, but the end result, while still excellent, is not what was originally sold.
The Edsel is another fine example of marketing vs reality, though the DDF wasn't really marketing, but rather a think tank to see what everyone had on their wish list to give them ideas.

And here folks is why the posts go off the rails. Whilst the DDF was not a list of promises ... It was NOT what stigbob keeps insisting. He absolutely knows each DDF proposals was developer lead and signed off. Not a promise for sure but it WAS developer lead.
You talk about signed off as if it was overseeing something concrete, that's not what it ever was. You paid to chat with them. It wasn't designing a roadmap.

And IF the developers were sitting there sniggering either openly or privately after they posted their final designs like stigbob says, after taking often £1000s off the people involved that would make FD absolutely nasty individuals. Thankfully each time I have met them it was not the impression I got.
It wouldn't make them anything of the sort, all kinds of jobs involve humouring the odd big spender on occasion. You nod and make polite chit chat and in the highly unlikely event they make something approaching a good suggestion you consider it seriously. Usually you just try not to visibly wince at their opinions.

You can't buy control of a company for £300 quid, you can get a nice tour of the premises though.

Top Bottom