When and what is the tick?

It moves forward each day one or two minutes. So FD sets it back to standard UTC each patch to keep in European daytime.

I'm well aware of how it works, the comment was mainly me saying that it seems to be an incorrect statement and that the current tick is at roughly 12:20 UTC

That aside if it were 1 or 2 minutes per day then the weekly change would make it nearer 12:14 UTC give or take a minute or 2

As it is, the tick does revert on updates, rarely ever on patches unless there is actual server downtime and the creep time is actually more aligned with the weekly powerplay downtime.

FWIW several people monitor this, some know how the server operates, some do not, some are good at testing, some are not.

Tick seems to be having a bit of an off day. Still only half processed some systems (Station News done, everything else not), and been that way for an age.
"Should" have completed ages ago.

Yep, most of the systems I check on have updated, states and progress in wars and elections have updated, but I have 1 system where I should have risen into pending war. Station news in other systems is showing pending war, but map and right panel system faction status in system still showing the same 2% gap as yesterday of 25.8% v 27.8%. Faction status in news in system is showing pending war and 28.7% v 28.7% though. Squadron allegiance also showing 29% and pending war in system. So something wrong with tick through.

I have following several systems , and in some cases, it seems that the tick occurs at 12:00 UTC and in some cases at 23:00 UTC.
The difference is just too big to be a delay and it has occurs several times in the last days.

Any idea what is happening?

I have following several systems , and in some cases, it seems that the tick occurs at 12:00 UTC and in some cases at 23:00 UTC.
The difference is just too big to be a delay and it has occurs several times in the last days.
There seems to be a double-tick effect, every cycle since Thursday.

Tick at around 1200 which updates every system, then a second one around 2000 which updates a lot of systems - but not all - again.

We have observed a late tick followed by a normal tick. It means that the cycle was only around 14 hours.
I doesn't seem to be deterministic which system has a normal or late tick.

In fact, I have seen that in the late tick, the influence has been updated and in the normal tick, only the states.
It is really weird.

Last edited:
I reported 2 different tick in 4 system (monitoring BGS, different states: expansion, war, and election and a single system without states)
one at 12.30UTC (14.30 italy time) and another around 18.30UTC (20.30 italy time)

When monitoring, each system under control ticking and change INF (of the monitored faction) , progress in war\election\expansion and so on.

This occur after the last patch, anyone can confirm this? I monitoring that "tick behaviour" in the last 13 days

I asked that because it delayed almost 1 hour for me.

The tick was 12:00 (game time), so I would wait until about 12:40 to check our systems. Today the changes only showed up about 13:40 :(

Top Bottom