What's the next animal?

Hi.

I expected yesterday's WorldAnimalDay twitter would reveal a bunch of animals, but we don't get those. The only animal shown is the okapi, the giraffe's shy and diminutive cousin. So it begs the question, what's the next animal to be revealed?

A lot of options there. A lot of animals got leaked recently and the fact that almost none of them is from Europe, South America, Polar/Arctic and Australia is really scary, scary in the most positive way I think. Cause there is no chance that animals from those places will be cutted out. At least two animals from each continent will be in base game. And we could go with well over 70 species at launch.

I would like to see Chinese pangolin next. That would be the fourth smaller habitat animal after lemur, aardwark and red panda. Also amazing choice by Frontier to include this animal in the game.

No worries everyone. One month from today and we will all know every animal in the game !! At this point I don't care if they reveal anymore animals. I want to be surprised when we get the game.

Hi.

I expected yesterday's WorldAnimalDay twitter would reveal a bunch of animals, but we don't get those. The only animal shown is the okapi, the giraffe's shy and diminutive cousin. So it begs the question, what's the next animal to be revealed?
You missinterpred the message Completly: They dont said we get many Animals, they said revivals that not mean Animals at least.

You missinterpred the message Completly: They dont said we get many Animals, they said revivals that not mean Animals at least.
Not exactly misinterpret, just over-expected. For WorldAnimalDay I thought we'd get a bunch of new animal reveals, but we only got the okapi and some giveaways. I understand FD's side of the coin, in that they need to market PZ for the weeks to come, and I think they are quite generous in giving free souvenirs and/or copies of the game for those who couldn't afford it, myself included.

So with that out of the way, my question is when is the next animal reveal and what animal would it be?

(believe me, I bear no ill-will towards FD after this. It's my fault that my head's stuck in the clouds that day)

There are actually various animals hinted in game files, such as polar bear,pangolin,american aligator,flamingo etc. I didn't searched it myself, but it's the only hint we have now.

No polar bear hinted and aligator was mentioned in magazine same as baboon and dik dik, same magazine which firstly mentioned tapirs and pronghorns before reveal.

That is different then, but again he could mention bisons, flamingos, pangolins also cause they are all in the game. The only thing what could stop those animals being in the base game is if they are planed later for DLC, but I highly doubt in that. I can be sure that those 10+ animals mentioned from data mining will all feature in base game. After all Frontier said hundreds of times there will be way more then 50 species.

If we're thinking the same thing, someone said Bo accidentally mentioned it during one of Frontier's twitch streams. I didn't watch it myself though so I'm not sure if it's true or not
I wasn’t going to be too specific but as it’s been brought up there’s no point not mentioning what happened. I saw it on YouTube. They were talking with Silv about this Japanese building and he said some critiques were ‘but what would you do with it?’ and she said it could be a part of a Japanese macaque habitat.

(Slightly off topic - I think it’s an amazing building and you could use it for all kinds of things. If you were making a heavily themed geo-zoo you could have it in the background. And I’m planning a Japanese zoo with some traditional buildings by its entrance).

I wasn’t going to be too specific but as it’s been brought up there’s no point not mentioning what happened. I saw it on YouTube. They were talking with Silv about this Japanese building and he said some critiques were ‘but what would you do with it?’ and she said it could be a part of a Japanese macaque habitat.

(Slightly off topic - I think it’s an amazing building and you could use it for all kinds of things. If you were making a heavily themed geo-zoo you could have it in the background. And I’m planning a Japanese zoo with some traditional buildings by its entrance).
Ohh okay I see.

Also! If that's your thing, you should check out the zoo Ozaru made by Poisonblade on his YouTube channel. It's a Chinese themed zoo and it's absolutely gorgeous. Really inspired me to want to do some kind of themed zoo for the full release

Well we allready knew it's in the game so i doesn't matter. Still can't wait to see them in the game. :)

I was really surprised when macaques get leaked through data. I could expect a couple of different species but Japanese macaques are some surprise.

I really hope macaques are in the base game (though I'm shocked they wouldn't save that for a unique DLC given how specific they are)...

I can't wait to make a hot spring using the special effects!

Top Bottom