Whatever happened to "You will" towards a multitude of features promised in the kickstarter, Mr Braben?

How about they make all the stuff currently in the game (not just EDO, but EDH too!) work first.... and actually flesh out some of the barebones features currently in the game.

Honestly, adding a bunch of features instead of fleshing out/polishing what was already there is how the game ended up in its current state.

How about they make all the stuff currently in the game (not just EDO, but EDH too!) work first.... and actually flesh out some of the barebones features currently in the game.

Honestly, adding a bunch of features instead of fleshing out/polishing what was already there is how the game ended up in its current state.

Oh I think everyone just assumes that's a given. Ofc the broken stuff comes first. Don't think anyone's arguing against that.

Yes, it is the question. You weren't "promised" anything. They had a list of features that were going to be available at launch, that was the only thing they were obligated to deliver. Everything else was specifically said IN THAT VIDEO was going to be "down the line". They then explicitly said interiors weren't coming in Odyssey. Now they say they aren't working on them because they are busy working on Odyssey. People need to quit reading into things and look at what has actually been said. Show me one place where a dev said there would be interiors by Q2 of 2021. I don't care what you hoped for, show me where they gave a deadline and missed it. That's what a promise is.
What a keyboard warrior of the Elite kind. You don't care what I hoped for, you say. How tough you are. It isn't about the time line, it's about the fact they just admitted to having NOT designed the ships with their interiors in mind and have spent almost a decade leaving us in the belief it was at least something they have worked on a little, but they say they haven't at all pretty much. Get it? If not, move on, because you're just trying to fire folk up all because your precious Frontier is getting some stick.

I'm sure it is. But that doesn't make them liars. They can't possibly be beholden to the timeframe in your head.

Believe me, I was an SC backer... I know what con artists look like. Fdev ain't that.
Dude, go away already. I don't know how Frontier can act so arrogantly for years with their broken or sub par releases for Elite yet you think people having a gripe about them blatantly ripping people off is worthy of your keyboard warrior posturing? Frontier have lied for years. I've been here since the beginning across 3 platforms, spent an absolute stupendous amount across all 3 and seen all the shambolic updates where Frontier proudly proclaimed exciting and amazing and blah blah only to then act oblivious to how utterly messed up the content is when they release it. Some across the years have been outright embarrassingly bad and immediate to see, yet they still try to deflect and dodge and tell people to submit reports.

The fact they lied about Odyssey being vastly improved from Alpha and practically in our face released a beta at high cost, is an absolute disgrace in it's own right.

I've seen some people effectively thanking Frontier for owning up to the truth after taking money for a nearly decade's long deception. 🤪

And we're still not even really at the full truth of the matter.

If it weren't my money, I'd swear this was a mob comedy act.

I've seen some people effectively thanking Frontier for owning up to the truth after taking money for a deception. 🤪

If it weren't my money, I'd swear this is a mob comedy act.

Those could also just be people who haven't given Frontier any money in years, yet are glad to see a possible shift in direction.

What a keyboard warrior of the Elite kind. You don't care what I hoped for, you say. How tough you are. It isn't about the time line, it's about the fact they just admitted to having NOT designed the ships with their interiors in mind and have spent almost a decade leaving us in the belief it was at least something they have worked on a little, but they say they haven't at all pretty much. Get it? If not, move on, because you're just trying to fire folk up all because your precious Frontier is getting some stick.
You're adorable when you're angry. Why should I care what you hoped for any more than you care what I hope for? Hmm?

And there it is; just because I disagree and want something else I must just be a shill for the evil company that isn't giving you what you want. Because what you want is the One True Path and anyone who disagrees is a heathen.

Keyboard warrior? lol. I'm not the one calling people names and accusing them of conspiring with the Fdevil.

They didn't. Everything they asked money for was spelled out in the Kickstarter. And interiors wasn't on the list. At no point have they asked for money to do interiors. Nor have they said interiors would in some DLC.
What part of Braben saying "You will" doesn't compute? You will when? When we're all dead and Braben is a hologram? Until then, keep investing in a game that has lost direction with what investors put hard cash towards. Yep, because what we got instead was what we were all obviously holding out for, right? Logic doesn't seem to sit with you, since space legs would naturally juice up the prospect of ship interiors, especially after Frontier emphasised previously "Not at Launch" for Odyssey, but now they say it isn't even on the road map or worked on at all.

You're adorable when you're angry. Why should I care what you hoped for any more than you care what I hope for? Hmm?

And there it is; just because I disagree and want something else I must just be a shill for the evil company that isn't giving you what you want. Because what you want is the One True Path and anyone who disagrees is a heathen.

Keyboard warrior? lol. I'm not the one calling people names and accusing them of conspiring with the Fdevil.
Read back the tone of your own posts here. Hardly trying to appreciate why people are calling out Frontier for lying. Unless you have a superiority complex and like causing a reaction in others, what's your aim here, besides ignoring the premise that this isn't about a time line, but more to do with Frontier evidently lying throughout the years where ship design and interiors were base content and said "not at launch" for odyssey only now to be not on the roadmap period?

What do you hope for? Because if it's broken content then you got it big time. If it wasn't for the backlash, Frontier would be arrogant and snub and wouldn't even be working to patch half the issues raised.

If this was primarily about basic projections then I would be shouting about Earth likes and Gas Giants, but where ship interiors and space legs are concerned, they quite evidently said "You will", hence the subject and general tone towards them now saying "You won't"

Your last line is beneath contempt.

Actually who am I kidding, so's the rest of it.

Do you really not understand the fact that in the course of eight years, not everything that someone plans to do might actually get done?
Of course I appreciate that, but Elite was supposed to be a 10 year plan. Now obviously that plan hasn't gone accordingly, but people are buying into Elite because of what they expect to get from their investment. I have paid a lot of money almost exclusively because I wanted to see the game thrive. Instead I am seeing a company that designed ships with their interiors in mind from day one 8 years later tell me that ship interiors are not happening - and this is after them saying not at launch for odyssey which implied it was definitely something they may feasibly have been working on. I mean who wouldn't get space legs and think their ship was prime for using them in?

The FPS nonsense we got has not only laid the groundwork for them to be focused on fixing that for years, but compromises what they could otherwise work on which we have almost all been asking for.

Yeah stupid community. Be happy with the six year wait for unfinished broken dlc. You whiny ungratefuls. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
Well when the game was alredy in "meh" state people asked for legs. now game is in worst state and they ask ship interior. Go figure.

I'm totaly with saying that FD seemingly did mistake in the dev progress and many of the complaint we have now result of the classic exuse " we cant dev this because we work on the next part" . But there is also a part of me that know that no matter what they do , some part of the community will complain.

(also what were you expecting after seeing the FC release process XD)

So let's look at the cockpit. At release, there was no camera suite, so you had no chance to see what is behind you. Unless you have VR and walk around, but they could've simply made that option unavailable*. And yet the cockpits are fully modelled, even though you don't see the rest of it 99% of the time.
Most developers would've simply designed the front with the rest being empty. But they designed the cockpits with walking around in mind, that's why they added all the details.

*consumer HMDs didn't even exist at that point.

Dude, go away already. I don't know how Frontier can act so arrogantly for years with their broken or sub par releases for Elite yet you think people having a gripe about them blatantly ripping people off is worthy of your keyboard warrior posturing? Frontier have lied for years. I've been here since the beginning across 3 platforms, spent an absolute stupendous amount across all 3 and seen all the shambolic updates where Frontier proudly proclaimed exciting and amazing and blah blah only to then act oblivious to how utterly messed up the content is when they release it. Some across the years have been outright embarrassingly bad and immediate to see, yet they still try to deflect and dodge and tell people to submit reports.

The fact they lied about Odyssey being vastly improved from Alpha and practically in our face released a beta at high cost, is an absolute disgrace in it's own right.
Dude, you are the one who should go away already. If you hate the game so much just leave.

Top Bottom