Whatever happened to "You will" towards a multitude of features promised in the kickstarter, Mr Braben?

So here we are after years of being told that Elite's ships were designed with their interiors in mind that ship interiors simply are not part of the roadmap. What's worse, if there's demand for it you ask, then perhaps it will be given more consideration? This statement says two things to me.

1. You boys have NEVER paid attention to your community. People have only been asking for this feature for years! It sure beats what we HAVEN'T asked for. If anything, an airlock room with a ramp might have actually given us an "Armstrong moment"

2. David Braben, CEO of Frontier Developments, said "You will be able to walk around inside your ship". So now that we're told 8 years later that this isn't even on the roadmap, what does this mean? It means you simply lied to us.

Watch this link and tell me what's wrong with this picture!

Source: https://youtu.be/EM0Gcl7iUM8

Whatever happened to doing all of these things really well? The planets themselves are a contradiction to what he promised. Honestly, Frontier, come on already!

Last edited:
What mass reading comprehension problem has caused people to believe that a roadmap for fixes for Odyssey - an expansion which was never, ever going to have ship interiors - would discuss ship interiors?
Nothing a little communication here from Frontier wouldn't help sort out... 😜

Why do people get so het up about stuff? It may or may not happen but as with all things it takes time (and sometimes things are just not possible so get dropped) the fact is frontier are being more open. Let’s see where this direction takes us before grabbing our pitchforks for once.
They just said it isn't something they're working on, essentially. 8 years since David said "You will" to these things, essentially tractor beaming our cash in with a projection of what to expect. I didn't expect a great many years later to see Elite become the opposite of the exciting game they essentially promised us with many unique worlds and rich gameplay. But back to the main focus, I just think Frontier should better communicate what they have worked on, because if none of the desired features of Elite or core refinements to powerplay and other features have been worked on at all, literally not even at 1% after years of development time, then, for me, that's extremely disappointing.

That video is from the Kickstarter, right? That‘s many years before the roadmap for Odyssey was released, which is the only roadmap that has any actual public status at this point.
The road map for Odyssey? You mean the copy and paste "Many improvements and fixes" road map? Not to forget that they just live streamed that they simply are NOT working on ship interiors, which I'm sure doesn't only disappoint me alone. Especially where Carriers are concerned.

The road map for Odyssey? You mean the copy and paste "Many improvements and fixes" road map? Not to forget that they just live streamed that they simply are NOT working on ship interiors, which I'm sure doesn't only disappoint me alone. Especially where Carriers are concerned.
Why do you think they would be working on ship interiors right now? Under what conceivable circumstance would that make any sense?

1. You boys have NEVER paid attention to your community. People have only been asking for this feature for years! It sure beats what we HAVEN'T asked for. If anything, an airlock room with a ramp might have actually given us an "Armstrong moment"
The community is currently never happy with anything.
They asked leg they got leg , they want ship interior.
They want more communication , FD DID alot of effort (yeah comming from 0 ok =D ) , they insta release short roadmap mainly focused on bug / fps fix (which is a priority to alot of broken games when they launch) . Not happy , roadmap is not focused on what they want , not going in the right direction ect...

You make more mining , trader are unhappy , you make more massacre mission , miner are unhappy (ok they also broke pwa at this time) ....

On the other side , Fdev does not seems to be capable of making /fixing one gameplay loop without breaking 2 others at thats what is (imo) the big problem.

I confess 8 years+ later, I'm a bit disappointed that the original dream I was sold isn't what I got. I understand goals change, but since Horizons it feels like the further development of Elite was on the backburner and the crap actually released (Power Play, Fleet Carriers, various other stuff through the years) isn't what I was originally told was coming. Horizons set the bar high in 2015, but here we are almost 6 years post that release and we're still wandering around barren planets, only now they've got generic bases. Somewhere along the road, we lost the way.

They just said it isn't something they're working on, essentially. 8 years since David said "You will" to these things, essentially tractor beaming our cash in with a projection of what to expect. I didn't expect a great many years later to see Elite become the opposite of the exciting game they essentially promised us with many unique worlds and rich gameplay. But back to the main focus, I just think Frontier should better communicate what they have worked on, because if none of the desired features of Elite or core refinements to powerplay and other features have been worked on at all, literally not even at 1% after years of development time, then, for me, that's extremely disappointing.
For me I've not cared much since other games exist. If they do, they do, if they don't, they don't. I can always float around earth-likes and ship interiors elsewhere. Speaking of which, like Braben spouting off about gas giants, another space-based game is getting them next patch, with floating cities. Now if these other games didn't exist... yeah I'd be upset, too. Elite was my all-time favorite game back in 2014, but they kinda laid quiet and other games caught up and passed them long by. I still have hopes maybe one day Elite will wake up and re-take its place, but it feels like Fdev have had this minimum viable product mentality about Elite for quite a while. Odyssey sitting at like 30% positive reviews shows things are getting worse, not better, despite all the new content. They tend to just release something half done, do some PR talking, then never look back and move onto the next paycheck. Maybe this one will wake them up, or unfortunately cause them to simply shut down Elite's production as they no longer find it a viable way of making money. Which is a shame, as they could be rolling in so much money if they had just focused on fixing and fleshing out Elite, instead of the next piece of eye candy that was all show and no teeth.

Top Bottom