Distant Worlds II Event What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

I'm really smiling every time I see a T7 show up in the list. :)

I stuck with the Beluga for the expedition, but I might consider a Courier or something afterward. I have yet to explore in something so tiny and quick. :D

Courier's are awesome fun to explore in. And after sitting in a Mamba cockpit for about 5 minutes... I'm absolutely going to do a trip in one of them at some point. Fantastic views from that ship.

After trying explo-conda, cutter, clipper, python, and Cobra MK3; I did go with Krait MK2.
For me it's like a bigger Cobra, more roomy, but not big-ship in feeling. 6A DD thrusters too :D Sorry i'm not really an explorer, so I need me some speed:

3wiErtE.jpg

I wanted to either Bring a shieldless Type-10 (I named the Zarya)

Or the Krait MkII (that I named Murderbot Diaries)

In the end I built Murderbot Diaries.

It uses scavenged modules from my other ships and engineered it some more.

Travels about 50ly though likely less because I'll be carrying cargo.

All modules more or less have lightweight mods.

Eh, I'm bringing along the Coriolis bobblehead to remind me of home. It's kind of low-key in a corner on the dashboard anyway.

That's my choice too - a reminder of home, indeed. Going to be a while till we see another one of those, style of thing. It's one of the least garish BH's

I wanted to either Bring a shieldless Type-10 (I named the Zarya)

Or the Krait MkII (that I named Murderbot Diaries)

In the end I built Murderbot Diaries.

It uses scavenged modules from my other ships and engineered it some more.

Travels about 50ly though likely less because I'll be carrying cargo.

All modules more or less have lightweight mods.

I bet it's much more enjoyable to fly this time around. :)

I decided to join about an hour before midnight the 13th in last minute. Missed the launch since my, for purpose of exploration, Conda was resting at Robigo some 400+ ly away. Hurried there to get it, then to Jameson at Founders world to change some equipment before doing a few final mods (engine focused 6D Distributor being one of them).
Now I'm on my way. I prefer travel in a smaller ship like the Asp I used when going to the center about the time of DW1, but since this ship was my only one not requiring to much work to get ready I made the decision to use it.
Just left this view!

One thing I have to learn (I'm a complete noob when comming to Discord and where to find people) is how to get social. Tried Fleetcom today but no activity at all (or it is just me not finding it) :rolleyes:

779680x9713.jpg

I was going to take my Krait Phantom but in the end after checking the specs and my bank balance and the ... paintjobs... I decided on the Python. I managed to get the same jump range as the Krait P which got me to Colonia, so I reckon that's not a bad job. About 47Lyrs. It can fit all the gubbins for mining and once that can get left behind it has a suitable compliment of limpets and so on. And of course the bridge - so nice.

https://s.orbis.zone/1uu1

I decided to join about an hour before midnight the 13th in last minute. Missed the launch since my, for purpose of exploration, Conda was resting at Robigo some 400+ ly away. Hurried there to get it, then to Jameson at Founders world to change some equipment before doing a few final mods (engine focused 6D Distributor being one of them).
Now I'm on my way. I prefer travel in a smaller ship like the Asp I used when going to the center about the time of DW1, but since this ship was my only one not requiring to much work to get ready I made the decision to use it.
Just left this view!

One thing I have to learn (I'm a complete noob when comming to Discord and where to find people) is how to get social. Tried Fleetcom today but no activity at all (or it is just me not finding it) :rolleyes:

My best advice is to join a distant worlds squadron. Tons of cmdrs and everyone is active in the in game chat. You will meet a million people there. Second go to the next waypoint and you will see another million there!

Last edited:
PS4 commanders, how far a long on this trip are you guys? Keep reading about this and wondering if my decision not to go was a mistake and if it's too late to catch up.

Same as everyone else - at WP2, the location of this weeks CG (mining & bounty hunting) - ~5000ly from the bubble?

I may be too late, I've just bought a Cutter for the trip and spent the whole day engineering it for the trip. Even got the Guardian FSD booster.
I picked the Cutter because, in true immersive style, if I were living within a ship- I would like the comfort and space of this flying palace amongst the stars.
It also look glorious. My Oculus Rift just makes the interior layout even more important. The perfect vessel for an expedition.
I've managed to get the jump range up to just shy of 40 LYs.

Lets see If I can get to WP2 before the send off at 7pm utc.

Last edited:
I may be too late, I've just bought a Cutter for the trip and spent the whole day engineering it for the trip. Even got the Guardian FSD booster.
I picked the Cutter because in true immersive style, if I were living within a ship- I would like the comfort and space of this flying palace amongst the stars.
It also look glorious. The perfect vessel for an expedition.
I've managed to get the jump range up to just shy of 40 LYs.

Lets see If I can get to WP2 before the send off at 7pm utc.

If you take minimal time to scan systems along the way you should be able to get to Omega in about 2.5h (roughly 140 jumps).

You've got plenty of time to catch up. =)

Top Bottom