Distant Worlds II Event What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

I'll carry an AspX with only 40 jump range. I've been a long time since I'm not coming back to the bubble so it is poorly engineered. I have better ships to take but this AspX was the first ship I bought and the first to outfit for exploration. Bob deserves this trip.

OfLRrQF

Aside from some 11th hour engineering I'd like to do, the science ship DSV Marleva is ready! Trying to finish it up to get her up to her design spec of 51 LY, but her current 46 LY range is good enough. My fighter pilot disagrees, but she gets stir-crazy when she goes too long without blowing up a pirate anyway.

Hi!

I know that iam a little bit late for choosing a ship and an outfit for this expedition. I play elite dangerous for years now but still dont know anything about engineering so iam searching for a ship and an outfit i can buy at jameson memorial station (they got everything, ive heared..).

What i have now is an ASP Explorer and an Anaconda, nothing engineered, the Anaconda does not go further than 20 Ly jump range..
With the ASP Explorer i get like 35 Ly at the best! Is there a way to get out more Ly or do you know a good Anaconda or ASP explorer setup (without the engineered stuff)?

The role ive signed up for is : Explorer, (fuel rat maybe, when there are enough ressources for it in the outfitting left).

Big thanks !
Greetings and see you today when the expedition starts !

Hi!

I know that iam a little bit late for choosing a ship and an outfit for this expedition. I play elite dangerous for years now but still dont know anything about engineering so iam searching for a ship and an outfit i can buy at jameson memorial station (they got everything, ive heared..).

What i have now is an ASP Explorer and an Anaconda, nothing engineered, the Anaconda does not go further than 20 Ly jump range..
With the ASP Explorer i get like 35 Ly at the best! Is there a way to get out more Ly or do you know a good Anaconda or ASP explorer setup (without the engineered stuff)?

The role ive signed up for is : Explorer, (fuel rat maybe, when there are enough ressources for it in the outfitting left).

Big thanks !
Greetings and see you today when the expedition starts !

Start with the defacto planetary exploration defaults in coriollis and work from there

Ananconda - 38ly with 2 SRV
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda...==.Aw18ZVA=..EweloBhBmSQUwIYHMA28QgIwVyKBQA==

Asp with 36ly and a single SRV
https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp?code...g=.Aw18WQ==..EweloBhBmSQUwIYHMA28QgIwVyKBQA==

you'll want to mix that up - change the optionals to what you want. But get the core internals sorted out first :) o7

edit...
you need engineering and/or the guardian booster to get over the 40ly
I took the engineering off my phantom build and it drops to 35ly max (33ly regular jumps)
https://coriolis.io/outfit/krait_ph....EweloBhBmVZApgQwOYBsEhARgnkUhQA=&bn=Freebird

Last edited:
I am a terrible and indecisive commander!

I decided at the last minute that I want to participate in the mining CG, since I've quite enjoyed hunting and cracking cores recently. So in a single session yesterday I bought, outfitted, and flew around engineering a new Phantom, the RV Andrea Ghez. She's equipped for science, travel, and light mechanic duty, but ready to swap in mining gear once we get where we're going.

But still, I really want to take my first and favorite explorer on this trip, the trusty T6 Jocelyn Bell. So I think my plan now is, if we succeed in building a station with a shipyard at the core, Bell will get shipped out from the bubble and we'll continue on together from there.

Ended up sticking with the Clipper despite some last minute second guessing. 43-45 jump range, 642 boost - built with an ability to evade if things go south. 6D shield, size 4 Guardian booster. Here she is leaving the home systems to head to the meet up point.

cs8ZzGP.png

ohM69P8.png

After considering several other ships (Anaconda, ASPX, Phantom, Cutter), in the end my exploration Clipper, the Stargazer, is the one I decided on. Though I had to sacrifice jump range and/or internal slots compared to other ships I had considered, I find that the supercruise handling and the great view (esp. in VR) makes the Clipper a joy to fly for me.

The Stargazer has a max jump range of 47.44 and a boost of 585m/s, while fitted with repair limpets for Fleet Mechanic duties and a 7A fuel scoop, amongst other equipment. A few days prior to launch I tested it on the 9.77G world in HD 148937, which I was glad to see it handled like a champ. The View didn't seem quite so difficult after that one, lol.

Here it is prior to launch:

359320_20181230232416_1.png

Last edited:
Too sexy for this party....

Deep scooping without having to move, using an Overcharged 1 Power Plant. :D So far she can refill 24t of fuel without overheating.

Deja vu!

That top picture is sick.

That being said it's about time to say goodbye to this thread. After so many months that flew bye, thanks for all the comments and advice! If you are so inclined, please post sexy pics of your chosen ship during the actual DW2 Expedition!

My sweet anaconda. I am not a rank grinder, so no superpower ships for me. Also I got it from the money made from my first trip to Sagittarius. So a lot of sentimental value. + A lot of module space be it repair+refuel, scanners and my srv.

Top Bottom