What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Made a little prison set, for whatever reason.
20211121203904_1.jpg

20211121204157_1.jpg

20211121204207_1.jpg

Pronghorn habitat is finished!

Q5zs2jD.jpg

Guest view of the habitat. I placed food enrichment, a rubbing tree, and chew toy to give them a reason to be here.

Hj7SrF1.jpg

The back of the habitat, with scent enrichment, water, and of course their shelter.
I discovered you can't connect a webcam with a TV, so there goes that plan o_O Devs, if you read this: it would be great if we could connect habitat webcams with TVs!

BhzlkHM.png

The top of the hill right now. Started on the Hilltop food court, which I will finish next time :)
The top of the hill is finished.

Dv7GNNp.png

LV7YPFM.png

People making the climb. Love how the rocks really give this a mountain vibe.

HFGOyFs.png

The hilltop food court, and people enjoying the view in the back (I put a vista point back there to lure people in, and it works!)

EnoYgAz.png

The panorama viewpoint behind the hilltop food court. This spot is really way up high.

Next up... Um. I guess I should do the finishing up on the tropical area and the entrance area before I continue :p Otherwise that stuff will be left for the end. After that: the antelope habitat on the other side of the tunnel. The path will loop back down towards the cassowary habitat and the land of giants food plaza.

----
"New Zealand Getaway Zoo". My main challenges will be:
  • Building elephant habitats (never built for them before) and obtaining the elephant reward (breeding both species in one zoo).
  • Building an elephant boat ride (never done a boat ride before).
  • Deciding on zoo sections and how to make use of the terrain.
    • entrance area - minor detailing left
    • tropical area - almost finished
    • land of giants
    • hilltop area - top is finished, mid hill is next
  • Multiple viewing angles from all around the zoo.
  • Cool panoramashots.
  • A hilly trail that looks down over the zoo, making a beautiful view from both the top and the bottom of the zoo.

Since it's a holiday weekend here in the states I took some time today to try my hand at building again. Recent discussion about Bavarian and Tudor styling, and how it's among the more easy to create with what we have now, lead me to try to set up a few buildings. I'm not a great builder and probably took me 3 times as long as a regular builder could do, but yeah, it's doable. Whenever we get a European pack, I'd still love to have it as a pre set building set, but if not, I think we can manage. It'll just be harder to do so and take longer to make builds. But if you blueprint your basics, it shouldn't take as long.

Here's a few I made today. Just the very basic buildings, I can add decor and things like chimneys as I set fit, just wanting to get the base buildings set. Apologies if anything inaccurate, there seems to be a lot of variety, and I'm still learning to actually do a "style" rather than just plop down walls and a mish-mash variety of things.

20211126195754_1.jpg
20211126195918_1.jpg

Also while I don't have photos to show it all, Jamestown Zoo is now in year 56. In the midst of decorating added in the Komodo Dragon, Cassowary and Dingo to bring the total habitat animals up to 34, and built up an Australian entrance. Got a lot of trees used there, but will rearrange if we ever get a Wombat, Emu or Tasmanian Devil. These are from the past week. Have the enclosures down for when I do my "land of the primates" area, and a mechanic set up to work on them (I hate that enclosures that are empty still degrade).
20211123215028_1.jpg

20211126201019_1.jpg

20211123215411_1.jpg

Since it's a holiday weekend here in the states I took some time today to try my hand at building again. Recent discussion about Bavarian and Tudor styling, and how it's among the more easy to create with what we have now, lead me to try to set up a few buildings. I'm not a great builder and probably took me 3 times as long as a regular builder could do, but yeah, it's doable. Whenever we get a European pack, I'd still love to have it as a pre set building set, but if not, I think we can manage. It'll just be harder to do so and take longer to make builds. But if you blueprint your basics, it shouldn't take as long.

Here's a few I made today. Just the very basic buildings, I can add decor and things like chimneys as I set fit, just wanting to get the base buildings set. Apologies if anything inaccurate, there seems to be a lot of variety, and I'm still learning to actually do a "style" rather than just plop down walls and a mish-mash variety of things.

View attachment 277236View attachment 277237

Also while I don't have photos to show it all, Jamestown Zoo is now in year 56. In the midst of decorating added in the Komodo Dragon, Cassowary and Dingo to bring the total habitat animals up to 34, and built up an Australian entrance. Got a lot of trees used there, but will rearrange if we ever get a Wombat, Emu or Tasmanian Devil. These are from the past week. Have the enclosures down for when I do my "land of the primates" area, and a mechanic set up to work on them (I hate that enclosures that are empty still degrade). View attachment 277238
View attachment 277240

View attachment 277239
Good effort! We can touch upon Bavarian in the game now, but it's not exactly it. The thing I have the most problems with is the overhang, which is an elementen Bavarian buildings are known for. (Base is small, and the building gets broader and wider as it gets higher) The basic thing people think of is plaster and wooden beams, but that is the easy part 😓 so yeah I would like Bavarian as a building style too anyway, because it is so dang difficult (if at all possible) to get right.

Haven't played much this week or even be active here (I'm in the country, and when I'm in the country it's real hard for me to focus when the forest is calling me to run away and get lost, finding weird fungi and creeks and deer and the occasional coyote droppings or pig tracks).

All of y'alls creations are very nice

Zarpa time!

If you remember the small restaurant and toilet point next to the Komdo Dragon, now you are visiting the backside of that building, which also has a restaurant and toilet point.
20211120163514_1.jpg

Next to it, there's a habitat for slow motion jumpers, also known as clouded leopards:
20211120163552_1.jpg

20211120163848_1.jpg

20211120163716_1.jpg

After this habitat, there's the second entrance/exit to this Asian section, which connects to the Australian section of the zoo.
20211120164003_1.jpg

Definitely getting into this. Got some nice preset blueprints (a shame we can't get them to show up in the "construction" tab so I can put them in a grid easily now that they're created. Two sets, one with level plank edges and one with partially overlapping plank edges, to share to plaster pieces.

And work on some buildings and some more to come. But would still like it all preset build items, if for no other reason now that it will show up as construction pieces.

20211127131037_1.jpg

Basics are all done for now - can make individual plank adjustments as one goes along, and it's now on the workshop. Even if it's not perfect, I'm incredibly happy I took the last few days to work on this as a side project, even if it wasn't actually "zooing" but building, something I definitely put as a secondary interest for the game. I believe there's various colors for this style as well? Something that can also be adjusted for creativity.

I also created a little starter village with these buildings, for me to play about it. All just the starting steps, but if you never have the starting steps you'll never finish, either.

20211128132530_1.jpg
20211128134655_1.jpg

Our airships are coming along quite nicely.
Here's the smaller airship for implied tour purpose. It has seats for around 6 people.
20211128204050_1.jpg

(Visuals have gone under a minor enhancements after this shot.)
20211128204108_1.jpg

This larger one is what guests are riding to the zoo...at least it's going to be implied that way. Needs some more decorations and lightings.
20211129204248_1.jpg

Here you can see the inside of the larger zeppelin. Not the brightest interior I admit, but you're not riding this for intercontinental flight or anything, right?
20211129204313_1.jpg

I remember us saying that we also should share the little things, because it can be rather overwhelming to only see or hear about the big projects.

So... yesterday I build a toilet in Unity and today I currently do some detail work on the pathing of Wingburg. Small progress is still progress, right? To all of you who, like me, have too much work at the moment or can not play much due to health reasons or any other issues: Hang in there! Small things DO count.

Top Bottom