Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I would be really interested in having just this - just to be able to get rid of the AspX cockpit frame lights - would it do that? If so can I have a copy pretty please? :cool:
D2A have a long video about graphics settings and a protracted XML file you can edit to change all sorts of things. Including where these settings are made probably. An alternate approach.

Been looking at my stock of mats, thinking about doing some of those galaxy famous Robigo passenger missions. Haven't hauled passengers for a long time, so I needed a refresh and a decent ship build, leading me to this video, with some pretty remarkable techniques. If you don't know Robigo, check this out:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6XyfXy8Mg

Python it is then, and I'll have to learn using SCA to do those crazy arrivals. Only problem is that since this is semi criminal, I'll need to engineer some heat sinks. Never used those, so I'm not even sure I've unlocked the engineer. :unsure:

Been looking at my stock of mats, thinking about doing some of those galaxy famous Robigo passenger missions. Haven't hauled passengers for a long time, so I needed a refresh and a decent ship build, leading me to this video, with some pretty remarkable techniques. If you don't know Robigo, check this out:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6XyfXy8Mg

Python it is then, and I'll have to learn using SCA to do those crazy arrivals. Only problem is that since this is semi criminal, I'll need to engineer some heat sinks. Never used those, so I'm not even sure I've unlocked the engineer. :unsure:
You don't need the SCA. At most it saves a few seconds per run. Neither do you need all the heatsinks. Just take one heatsink launcher to disrupt scans. No need to engineer it. When you arrive at the halfway star, turn away from it instead of going around it, then you can engage your FSD as soon as it cools down without needing a heatsink.

One thing he doesn't mention is the mission throttling. There's no point in doing the run too fast because you run out of missions to take so you either have to wait at the station for more missions or run with a half empty ship. In the past, there was no problem with the quantity of missions, so there was an advantage in optimising the run time, but I think they throttled the mission spawn rate in January. The value and quantity of missions does vary from time to time. On a good day, you can still average over 100mil per hour.

As far as I can figure out, the mission spawn clock ticks every 10 minutes. You have to leave the passenger lounge and re-open it to see the new missions when they spawn. Logging doesn't have any effect, neither does mode switching.

One other important advice. Watch out for bad guys that follow you to the outpost, where there is nowhere to hide. Get in the practice of boosting to the landing pad and positioning over it as quickly as possible, then use the docking computer to land you. If you engage the DC too far out, it's too slow, and you run the risk of getting scanned at close range.

Last edited:
I'm listening to the different ship thruster sound. (Even though they technically mostly use the same types of thusters,) there are a few ships that I really love the sound of. The Imperial Courier sounds like a freaking drag racer, I did not anticipate that for a ship with such a utilitarian name. Keen to learn if there are others like it.

I'm listening to the different ship thruster sound. (Even though they technically mostly use the same types of thusters,) there are a few ships that I really love the sound of. The Imperial Courier sounds like a freaking drag racer, I did not anticipate that for a ship with such a utilitarian name. Keen to learn if there are others like it.
The Imperial Courier was my choice for Imperial courier missions, as it were. I am considering a combat version as my next small fighter. The fighter-jet view also appeals.

The Imperial Courier was my choice for Imperial courier missions, as it were. I am considering a combat version as my next small fighter. The fighter-jet view also appeals.
I approve! Courier is my favourite small combat ship as well. Unlike Vulture, which gives me a headspin after a couple minutes of dogfighting, Courier hit and run tactics are my favourite combat style.
I've had her engineered to my liking (in fact, I think it's probably my second most engineered ship after my DBX explorer), awesome speed, super tough shield and complete superlight glass cannon underneath that.
Much fun and actually the only ship probably in which I'm not afraid of gankers at all. With the ability to be out of an effective gun range within two seconds, they have one shot. You simply can't kill a Courier if she doesn't want to be killed. :)

You don't need the SCA. At most it saves a few seconds per run. Neither do you need all the heatsinks. Just take one heatsink launcher to disrupt scans. No need to engineer it. When you arrive at the halfway star, turn away from it instead of going around it, then you can engage your FSD as soon as it cools down without needing a heatsink.

One thing he doesn't mention is the mission throttling. There's no point in doing the run too fast because you run out of missions to take so you either have to wait at the station for more missions or run with a half empty ship. In the past, there was no problem with the quantity of missions, so there was an advantage in optimising the run time, but I think they throttled the mission spawn rate in January. The value and quantity of missions does vary from time to time. On a good day, you can still average over 100mil per hour.

As far as I can figure out, the mission spawn clock ticks every 10 minutes. You have to leave the passenger lounge and re-open it to see the new missions when they spawn. Logging doesn't have any effect, neither does mode switching.

One other important advice. Watch out for bad guys that follow you to the outpost, where there is nowhere to hide. Get in the practice of boosting to the landing pad and positioning over it as quickly as possible, then use the docking computer to land you. If you engage the DC too far out, it's too slow, and you run the risk of getting scanned at close range.
Thanks for the excellent advice!

One question: I tried my ship build yesterday before taking off towards Robigo. I enabled the DC outside Jameson, and once I was about to pass the mailslot I was scanned. No problemo, but then I tried firing a heat sink to see if it worked. It didn't. I did set one heat sink for each trigger button I had, and none of them seemed to work. Is firing heat sinks disabled once the DC is enabled?

My favourites:
Courier like you've mentioned. Obviously.
Hauler - if you listen closely, you can hear a hundred souls crying in sympathy.
Viper - If Courier is a drag racer, then Viper is a rat-rod.
Federal Gunship - when you're braking into a turn with vertical thrusters, it sounds like a Decepticon trying to change shape. Incredible metallic electro-sound.
AspX - Always reminds me of deHavilland Mosquito doing a fly-by at Duxford.
iEagle - basically a Tesla among Elite ships. Just so smooooth.
Orca - Not the engine sound per se, but the "fasten your seatbelts ding" when you hit the boost is just too hilarious. :)

Top Bottom