Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

The war is going to either start going in my direction today after a 4 hour rampage doing massacre missions and Low CZs, or it will be lost. It was "Close Defeat" yesterday. If I lose it, I'll post the system tomorrow, and we can have some speculation :)
If the enemy faction is Federal, there are associations of players who will fight for Fed factions in wars - the Federation has been haemorrhaging systems for years, so some have decided to take action to support it.

Many NPC factions have been adopted by players and groups. Personally, I look after three factions.

Still prepping "Waypoint Alpha" for future Carrier Deployment.

Plenty of Systems to go, so there'll still be alot of work painting this entire 200LY bubble blue.
Well, I'm getting there... :D

1590875559586.png

1590875633068.png

The process is beginning to leave a mark on ED Astrometrics though - just doesn't look yet like a bubble as that dense one about 1500LY West of me :)
1590875744065.png

Last edited:
Still prepping "Waypoint Alpha" for future Carrier Deployment.

Plenty of Systems to go, so there'll still be alot of work painting this entire 200LY bubble blue.
Well, I'm getting there... :D

View attachment 174991
View attachment 174992

The process is beginning to leave a mark on ED Astrometrics though - just doesn't look yet like a bubble as that dense one about 1500LY West of me :)
View attachment 174993
How long will it take to get on station once it is introduced into the game.?And do you expect any competition from non aligned carrier owners?

How long will it take to get on station once it is introduced into the game.?And do you expect any competition from non aligned carrier owners?
With a good load of Tritium, it shouldn't take too long really (2-3 Days I guess, depending on how much time I'll have to spare - but I'm not in a hurry).
My biggest delay in getting back into this spot once the Carrier goes live is likely me retrofitting and re-engineering most of my Bubble-based Ships for Carrier Operations.
(the plan is to do a Carrier-Supported Engineers Round-Robin before taking the M.R.S.C. Mercator into several pristine locations such as this first one [pristine as sampled from EDSM Data - several large bubbles with not a single visited System] in the Arcadian Stream)

The whole thing is entirely uncompetitive, AFAIK the nearest DSSA Carrier(s) will be several thousand LY away - and many of those seem to be planned as pure static "Service Stations" that don't really move around.
The already high System Density in this region alone would make even a nearby other Carrier in the area a total non-issue.
Within 500LY, there's already a ludicrous amount of undiscovered Systems. Easily enough for a boatload of Carriers, no sweat.

I was already wondering if I should follow the example of many other planned Carrier Deployments and make it a formal announcement/expedition-type in the Forum.
However, realistically I'd have to call the endeavor "The No Big Deal Expedition" ;) ... simply because it isn't anything super-cool or super exciting.
(Campaign goals are simple... yet difficult : a) find an NSP in the Arcadian Stream and b) discover a new Alpha Rare Green Gas Giant)

Plus, I have no intention of setting up the whole Discord show and going on some kind of schedule.
Instead, it's a totally relaxed long-term campaign where anyone interested could ride along or come & leave at anytime on a whim.
(offered services will be basically everything except a Black Market, still unsure if I should offer a few Ships and i.e. Mining Equipment for sale; seems a bit of a far stretch for a passing Explorer to purchase anything; Shipyard/Outfitting facility would allow for transfer and/or storage anyway if a Player decides to become a Carrier-based "Deep Space vagabond" ;) )

Last edited:
With a good load of Tritium, it shouldn't take too long really (2-3 Days I guess, depending on how much time I'll have to spare - but I'm not in a hurry).
My biggest delay in getting back into this spot once the Carrier goes live is likely me retrofitting and re-engineering most of my Bubble-based Ships for Carrier Operations.
(the plan is to do a Carrier-Supported Engineers Round-Robin before taking the M.R.S.C. Mercator into several pristine locations such as this first one [pristine as sampled from EDSM Data - several large bubbles with not a single visited System] in the Arcadian Stream)

The whole thing is entirely uncompetitive, AFAIK the nearest DSSA Carrier(s) will be several thousand LY away - and many of those seem to be planned as pure static "Service Stations" that don't really move around.
The already high System Density in this region alone would make even a nearby other Carrier in the area a total non-issue.
Within 500LY, there's already a ludicrous amount of undiscovered Systems. Easily enough for a boatload of Carriers, no sweat.

I was already wondering if I should follow the example of many other planned Carrier Deployments and make it a formal announcement/expedition-type in the Forum.
However, realistically I'd have to call the endeavor "The No Big Deal Expedition" ;) ... simply because it isn't anything super-cool or super exciting.
(Campaign goals are simple... yet difficult : a) find an NSP in the Arcadian Stream and b) discover a new Alpha Rare Green Gas Giant)

Plus, I have no intention of setting up the whole Discord show and going on some kind of schedule.
Instead, it's a totally relaxed long-term campaign where anyone interested could ride along or come & leave at anytime on a whim.
(offered services will be basically everything except a Black Market, still unsure if I should offer a few Ships and i.e. Mining Equipment for sale; seems a bit of a far stretch for a passing Explorer to purchase anything; Shipyard/Outfitting facility would allow for transfer and/or storage anyway if a Player decides to become a Carrier-based "Deep Space vagabond" ;) )
Ah, cool.I deffo fit into the DSV category. I will be interested to learn how things develop. (y)

Time for a break from LTD lasering. I could, given another week or so of grinding away in Borann, afford a Fleet Carrier but I can't bring myself to keep doing the same thing over andover.

So... back into the Phantom for a while to explore strange new worlds and to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before etc. I also need to ponder what I can use the Krait II for now that the Cutter is my mining vehicle of choice.

Mind you, I have about 25 ships I've never used or upgraded. One of my goals was to own one of each ship but now I wonder whether to just sell them off. Decisions, decisions... :D

Hel is buying LTDs at 1.6m a pop in case you have any to sell ;)
Don't go to Hel! Go to Xhosattu. A third of the distance from Borann to Hel and a much higher demand!

I watched the NASA Twitch feed while bringing in a 520+10 Cutter. They mentioned the SpaceX docking simulator and how hard it was for people to do it successfully. Tried it, did it on first try - flying FA off only pays off!

Really? Damn, I was looking on EDDB and it said Hel was offering the most. Ah well. I'm out in the black now, giving Mass Sponge Migration a rest.
Hel has a higher sell price, but it is a significantly longer journey and is hit by some bulk tax for larger ships (Cutter and T9). So in the end Xhosattu will be more efficient for both large and medium ships.
Looking at 140 extra ly each way, even a full Python with a size 5 FSD booster is going to have to do 7 or 8 extra jumps in total. Assuming you complete the run in around an hour, this is roughly a 10% reduction of your efficiency and Hel would have to pay 1.1x the price at Xhosattu (i.e., almost 1.8M/ton) for it to be worth the additional journey - and that assumes you can go straight without refuelling and have a FSD booster on board - which will decrease your mining efficiency.
For a large ship hit by bulk tax at Hel, you get less credits and it takes longer time.

Time for a break from LTD lasering. I could, given another week or so of grinding away in Borann, afford a Fleet Carrier but I can't bring myself to keep doing the same thing over andover.

So... back into the Phantom for a while to explore strange new worlds and to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before etc. I also need to ponder what I can use the Krait II for now that the Cutter is my mining vehicle of choice.

Mind you, I have about 25 ships I've never used or upgraded. One of my goals was to own one of each ship but now I wonder whether to just sell them off. Decisions, decisions... :D
Well they are a useful source of top up funding for the FC purchase, just don’t make the mistake I did with Beta2 and assume that your assets figure is just the value of the hardware you own it also includes your credits available which is why I had to wait for the blowout.

Cheers.

The Cutter has no booster, nor fuel scoop. Still, I made 176m from the one mining excursion and then selling in Hel. Nowhere near capacity of the ship and that (and your good self) has made me question its loadout. I may ditch a cargo rack and fit a booster. Or maybe a scoop.

(y)

Cheers.

The Cutter has no booster, nor fuel scoop. Still, I made 176m from the one mining excursion and then selling in Hel. Nowhere near capacity of the ship and that (and your good self) has made me question its loadout. I may ditch a cargo rack and fit a booster. Or maybe a scoop.
... or buy a Python. ;)
While the Cutter averages higher if you manage to stay out long enough to fill it, I find flying and mining in the Python to be more engaging and less like trying to move a mountain.

On the plus side, a longer journey increases the chances of subsidiary payouts from any wanted pirates to contribute to the funds,and the scenery is stunning.(also extra creds if you plan your journey accordingly.)
It also gives me the opportunity to tell War Barstard to 'Go to hel!' without causing (too much) offence,i hope :giggle: .My other speeling is a trocious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom