What animal would make you happy? 🤩

Orcas in the wild have an average life expectancy of 50. No captive-born orca has lived to 30, and very few wild-caught orcas in captivity live much longer.

I'd say that's a fair basis for an argument in favour of not keeping them in captivity at all.

(for those who do not know the subject, an answer against the captivity arguments of killer whales. it is not an answer to harm or protest the game!)
here we go again. There is such a thing as reproduction in captivity this game. And there's such a thing as captive birth. Frontier don't get this wrong. These details are beautiful. the game accept that all the animals are already in captivity. It is sufficient to write to the encyclopedia that the killer whales have a weak survival rate in captivity. we already liked this game with its realism and knowledge.

Do you have to make me enemy against this game? Well then it's time to tell the truth. I'm sorry you made me do this.
Here you go.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/12/wild-elephants-live-longer-than-their-zoo-counterparts/
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2008/01/predators-captivity-habitat-animals/
https://www.lcanimal.org/index.php/campaigns/elephants/wild-vs-captive
https://www.freedomforanimals.org.uk/blog/10-facts-about-zoos
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUny43bP-g

If you want more articles like this, just write zoo captivity to the Google.
I'll add an information as well. In recent years, zoos do not take good care of elephants and said that they will no longer take elephants to buy. But there are elephants in this game. are we against it? no.
I'm sorry I can't keep quiet in the face of this injustice.
Is this enough or should I continue?
it was time for someone to stop this injustice.
I don't want to insult you here, but you don't understand.
Meanwhile, I apologize to other friends. but my patience was overflowing. I can't watch people prejudice these killer whales.
I'm so sorry for doing this, I'm sorry for insulting the game of my childhood. but I discovered the game of my childhood with killer whales in zoo tycoon. So I can not give up this ambition. I certainly do not blame Frontier. on the contrary, I give a lot of support. Frontier doesn't do it injustice. I hope they don't make me a liar. but I had to make a statement because of the comment that this friend made.
I do not understand why this problem is already being discussed so much. I am tired of the same arguments all the time. I will give the same answers to those who constantly write the same things. I call out to my other forum friends here. Leave this mentality, leave these arguments. I recommend this to you.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was super excited to see that the Okapi as I have loved them since 4th grade but I am not touching them until the socializations are (hopefully) fixed. The bonobos (another fav) were such a dissapointment, especially after seeing them in real life.

If you want more articles like this,
That first article is about a study that is 10 years old and quoting another study published in 2002, both pretty much irrelevant now as the elephant husbandry is on a very different level...

For me its just Polar Bears, Penguins (either Emperor or African), Kangaroos, Jaguar/Leopard and a Black/White Rhino. The lack of the black rhino was a bit upsetting as there was so much evidence for it via signs/statues/etc. I didn't think I so desperately wanted "another" African animal until I was missing it. Indian Rhinos are cool but it makes African safari parks feel incomplete.

Orcas in the wild have an average life expectancy of 50. No captive-born orca has lived to 30, and very few wild-caught orcas in captivity live much longer.

I'd say that's a fair basis for an argument in favour of not keeping them in captivity at all.

While Lifespan truly depends on where the orca lives, ( ex, SRKW's has a short lifespan for most of the population because of the lack of food and Wild orcas living long lifespans the fact that you say "No captive born orca has lived to 30" is purely wrong
Orkid, a whale at Seaworld San Diego, is 31 years old, The first successful orca birth at SWSD, Kayla, a orca at SWO, was 30 years old before tragically passing away from a lung disease.
Among some who is closing the 30 year old mark, is Shouka, born at MLF, Keet, born at SWSA and Kyuqout, born at Sealand Victoria.
While captivity of course, has their weaknesses and strenghtes, saying that no captive orca has reached 30 years of age is pure ignorance.

We're also getting much better at taking care of animals that have had it rough in captivity (orcas, elephants, etc.). So it stands to reason that they might live longer nowadays.

Note: I'm not saying whether I'm pro- or anti-captivity for orcas. My opinion on it is pretty mixed. I do hope they'll be in PZ, though, and I hope they'll need a TON of space to educate people on the horrors of several aquariums that keep them in glorified swimming pools.

For me its just Polar Bears, Penguins (either Emperor or African), Kangaroos, Jaguar/Leopard and a Black/White Rhino. The lack of the black rhino was a bit upsetting as there was so much evidence for it via signs/statues/etc. I didn't think I so desperately wanted "another" African animal until I was missing it. Indian Rhinos are cool but it makes African safari parks feel incomplete.
Honestly it feels incomplete with both rhinos and leopards missing, considering they're part of the Big Five. Can't really have a proper African safari without them, eh.

Top Bottom