Still cant connect to frontier servers after patch 2. Workarounds doesnt work. Im unable to enter game since september, 18.Greetings Commanders,
We have noticed that the VPN networking issue, which was addressed in the September Update - Patch 1, still persists for some players. We wanted to let you know that the team has renewed their investigations into the matter and hope to resolve it for affected players as soon as possible. However, in the meantime, we have identified a workaround that will hopefully help you connect via a VPN.
Please follow these steps below:
Thank you for your understanding.
- Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
- (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
- (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
- You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
- Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
- Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP)Code:
- The final result should look similar to this:
<Network Port="0" upnpenabled="1" LogFile="netLog" PingTime="27" MaxUpRate="250000" DatestampLog="1" SendCompressedIDs="0" > <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic> </Network>
- Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
- Save the file in the same location.