Vette First Timer

Mission build.

This ship Solos Threat 6 Wing single target missions and can land in a swarm of smaller ships and laugh at them.

Booster plus resistance focus on shields means it recovers fast between fights. I used to have Multicannon in the 2s but they ran out of ammo too fast.
I have Multicannon on the small points also, but really they are only there to trigger the turrets to open fire.
I suppose a couple of lazers would work as well, but are heavier on distributer.

I have Multicannon on the small points also, but really they are only there to trigger the turrets to open fire.
I suppose a couple of lazers would work as well, but are heavier on distributer.
I don't get much damage out of the 1's so I keep the flack for the side effects, especially the glue gun. I love the Vette but the only speed contest she wins is being dropped into a gravity well.

This is my vette for all kind of PVE combat activity. Tried many different weapons, but in terms of performance, no one has passed it

Great build! My Beam-MC combo is similar. Yours is more Hull tanky, mine more Shieldy.
I love these different theorycraft interpretations.
X.

Lots of good advice from lots of experienced CMDRs. With this ship weapon choice is almost secondary. Take your pick..

BUT : In stock form, it's not that impressive. Disappointing, really. Miserable jump range. Big shields, but bigger hit box. Turns OK for a big ship.. Slow top speed.. Runs warm with Beams... There are legitimate issues with it STOCK A-rated.

This ship NEEDs to be ENG'd. Period. Power, PD.. EVERYTHING. It has a HUGE hit box, so shields must be done, plus SBs. Huge beam lasers are great, but they'll cook you without thermal vent. Thrusters need fixing as well, its a big ship, and CAN turn quickly, if you have it modified. It's also SLOW in stock form. If the shields ever drop, you'll need HRP/MRPs on board, with more engineering to finish the fight ( remember, huge hit box ) or make your exit.

You'll also probably want a few toys from the Power Play crowd... And guardian tech ( FSD booster for sure ).

It's a lot of work to get it "right".

Once you've done the rounds, seen DiDi, Felicity, end the rest, it's incredible. Nothing stands up to it. I have a 4800 joule base shield, with 50 percent resistances. It's shocking to lose one ring, unheard of to lose two, unless I'm in a heavy CZ taking fire from multiple sources.

I've never lost my shields. I prefer around 60% resistances for solo, and seldom ever loose a ring. Unless I decide to have a bit of fun and start ramming condas. I like flipping them over with my nose. I'll start laughing, and my wife is pretty sure I've lost it. :D

Lots of good advice from lots of experienced CMDRs. With this ship weapon choice is almost secondary. Take your pick..

BUT : In stock form, it's not that impressive. Disappointing, really. Miserable jump range. Big shields, but bigger hit box. Turns OK for a big ship.. Slow top speed.. Runs warm with Beams... There are legitimate issues with it STOCK A-rated.

This ship NEEDs to be ENG'd. Period. Power, PD.. EVERYTHING. It has a HUGE hit box, so shields must be done, plus SBs. Huge beam lasers are great, but they'll cook you without thermal vent. Thrusters need fixing as well, its a big ship, and CAN turn quickly, if you have it modified. It's also SLOW in stock form. If the shields ever drop, you'll need HRP/MRPs on board, with more engineering to finish the fight ( remember, huge hit box ) or make your exit.

You'll also probably want a few toys from the Power Play crowd... And guardian tech ( FSD booster for sure ).

It's a lot of work to get it "right".

Once you've done the rounds, seen DiDi, Felicity, end the rest, it's incredible. Nothing stands up to it. I have a 4800 joule base shield, with 50 percent resistances. It's shocking to lose one ring, unheard of to lose two, unless I'm in a heavy CZ taking fire from multiple sources.
There's just something SOOOOOO satisfying entering a CZ in that thing, with the Imperial March playing in the background. 😆

Weapons: 4 rails with 2 Imp Hammers then 3 MCs with the 3 a Corrosive.

Shields: 7 Prismatics fill the utilities with boosters and balance toward the thermal side.

Fill the internals with hull reinforcements again with thermals in mind.

Everything A and G5. You can get 6k+ on shields and hull. Play with the config until you make it yours.

Took on a kill pirate wing mission last night, an Anaconda from a separate stacked mission jumped in and joined the fray.

Lost my shields and took hull damage but the last ship alive, a Vulture, ran away at 30% hull. My hull was lit up, glowing from energy hits but survived with 65% hull. 250k Cr repairs later, she was good to go.

You will enjoy your Corvette!

Great looking at other builds for inspiration, though a lot comes down to exactly what type of PVE combat you're planning with it, and whether you're in open or not.

I own 3 now. 1 for mining, 1 for cyclops killing and 1 for everyday PVE in open.

I've been told there are other ships in the game, but with a FC to ferry them around (no scoop or FSD booster needed), I rarely fly anything else.

Have fun woth yours Cmdr

Weapons: 4 rails with 2 Imp Hammers then 3 MCs with the 3 a Corrosive.

Shields: 7 Prismatics fill the utilities with boosters and balance toward the thermal side.

Fill the internals with hull reinforcements again with thermals in mind.

Everything A and G5. You can get 6k+ on shields and hull. Play with the config until you make it yours.

Took on a kill pirate wing mission last night, an Anaconda from a separate stacked mission jumped in and joined the fray.

Lost my shields and took hull damage but the last ship alive, a Vulture, ran away at 30% hull. My hull was lit up, glowing from energy hits but survived with 65% hull. 250k Cr repairs later, she was good to go.

You will enjoy your Corvette!
Some battles you just wish you were recording at the time...sounds like an AMAZING fight! Too bad the Vulture ran away but you keep the field - nicely done!

Makes an excellent miner of all sorts.

Ignore anyone who puts up a combat build with hull reinforcements. You got to be pretty dumb for your shields to go down in pve. Even a wing of spec ops and a cap ship can be done with biweaves and 1 SCB (and I am truly crappy lazy pilot)

Ignore anyone who puts up a combat build with hull reinforcements. You got to be pretty dumb for your shields to go down in pve.
PVE can happen in open you know.

Where the gankers live.

Calling me (and others) dumb for building a PVE ship ~that can survive in open~ seems a little mean.

Over -reliance on shields and neglecting your hull will cost you a rebuy the second you go up against reverbs or possibly even phasing. 😉

Ignore anyone who puts up a combat build with hull reinforcements. You got to be pretty dumb for your shields to go down in pve. Even a wing of spec ops and a cap ship can be done with biweaves and 1 SCB (and I am truly crappy lazy pilot)
Yeah, you can skate by like that.. until a CMDR drops into the CZ you're farming and chooses the other side.. or a ganker decides to pull you out of SC for a laugh with his buddies, and some cascade torps.. or you're engaging an elite wing in a HazRES and you accidentally tag a 'roid after ramming the 'Conda..

Bad stuff happens. I'd rather be prepared then facing the rebuy screen.

Been interested in building an all beam Vette - looking at your config I have a few questions though:

1) How does all fixed work with time-on-target?
2) Are you using different fire groups given that Thermal Vent will cook your ship if you don't hit a target with all beams?
3) Related to 2, is that why some of the beams have Thermal Shock applied?
4) Does Thermal Shock make a difference vs NPCs?
5) How does this all-beam build cope in terms of distro draw? Heat, apart from the above issues, should probably be manageable due to Thermal Vent?

Cheers!
1. ToT Improves with practice but is just more fun than gimbals
2. Just one fire group
3. TS is one experiment... there isn't much else worth choosing for beams. Thermal conduit is interesting but adds a slightly different approach to heat management.
4. Seems to slow down return fire but not 100% certain
5. Efficient beams with vent cause your windshield to ice up, so heat isn't an issue. With 4 pips, you can fire all beams long enough to do massive damage and with a Charge Enhanced distro with super conduits, your wep cap recharges in no time.

Last edited:
1. ToT Improves with practice but is just more fun than gimbals
2. Just one fire group
3. TS is one experiment... there isn't much else worth choosing for beams. Thermal conduit is interesting but adds a slightly different approach to heat management.
4. Seems to slow down return fire but not 100% certain
5. Efficient beams with vent cause your windshield to ice up, so heat isn't an issue. With 4 pips, you can fire all beams long enough to do massive damage and with a Charge Enhanced distro with super conduits, your wep cap recharges in no time.
Thanks - I went ahead last night and replaced my Vette's weapons with gimballed beams, all efficient thermal vent apart from the 2 smalls where I aplied thermal shock (only because I was running out of mats). Managed to get them all to about grade 3.5ish (again, not enough mats).

So much fun and the damage is great. Looks cool too (disco!) - and I'm more engaged again because I have to manage distro draw instead of just holding the trigger.

I did go for gimbals though because it allows me to be a bit lazy with ToT especially for the two huge hardpoints. Might swap them all out with fixed in the future to see how that goes.

My Corvette looks very similar to #3 - I've used it to harvest hapless NPC's and achieved a well earned Elite in combat.

Sometimes I switch out some hull reinforcement and put in some cargo and a collector limpet or two. Its a slow but quite fun way to collect engineering materials.

The 'vette's nose and huge potential shields means you can start your docking approach from virtually any angle, slamming into the side of the slot, and just use your nose as a lever to align your ship. Health and safety is for losers.

and I'm more engaged again because I have to manage distro draw instead of just holding the trigger.

I did go for gimbals though because it allows me to be a bit lazy with ToT especially for the two huge hardpoints. Might swap them all out with fixed in the future to see how that goes.
If you want the best of both worlds, just install a fighter bay and select a fixed beam fighter and swap control. There's just something about fixed beams scorching hulls and no chaff issues. I wish the sound effect could be engineered as well, to sound more menacing...

If you want the best of both worlds, just install a fighter bay and select a fixed beam fighter and swap control. There's just something about fixed beams scorching hulls and no chaff issues. I wish the sound effect could be engineered as well, to sound more menacing...

That's true, chaff can be a drag. I have a fighter bay fitted, fixed plasma and fixed MCs to complement the beams.

Top Bottom