Guide / Tutorial Unidentified Signal Sources: A Complete Guide

Thanks for helping a terrified new player!!!

So I think I have been waiting for this simulation my entire life, or at least since sinking hundreds of hours into I-War, then Independence War 2. However I have to say that my old fartiness has been taunting me that I am too much of relic to be able to understand the fundamentals of the simulator enough to enjoy it. After reading this and realizing that I will probably be able to find equally helpful posts about other subjects that I will need help with, I am feeling much better about my chances :)

Cheers, thank you, and MUCH appreciated!!!

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I know, strong necrosis but that's what the thread search feature is for, amiright? 🙂

I had a mission to retrieve commercial samples and headed for the marked planet as usual in SC. I saw the blue mission marker flash by and before I knew what was going on, I was miles past it and it was not showing on my contacts list.

I spent a good hour trying to find it again, getting bored and very frustrated but to no avail. How do I find the damn thing again? I even tried jumping out and back in again but no luck. Or did I run into a bug.

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I know, strong necrosis but that's what the thread search feature is for, amiright? 🙂

I had a mission to retrieve commercial samples and headed for the marked planet as usual in SC. I saw the blue mission marker flash by and before I knew what was going on, I was miles past it and it was not showing on my contacts list.

I spent a good hour trying to find it again, getting bored and very frustrated but to no avail. How do I find the damn thing again? I even tried jumping out and back in again but no luck. Or did I run into a bug.

Scan the Nav Beacon or FSS the system to find your mission-specific signal source. In the FSS a mission-specific signal source is coloured, not white, so stands out.

One other thing - I assume it wasn't a surface salvage mission?

Top Bottom