ugcArtifactNotFound???

iB2aT85.png


So I looked up ugcArtifactNotFound: Builder could not generate pcugc artifact. Check the material combinations are valid. Ensure texture file format is valid.

These are all 256x256 grayscale maps (even the base color map), so I'd done them in grayscale mode. Thinking that was the problem, I resaved them all in RGB mode. No joy.

These are the filenames, from what the guide says this is a valid combo:

Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_BC.png
Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_MT.png
Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_SM.png
Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_CA.png
Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_F1.png
Material_01_VentMetalOctagonal_F2.png

Any ideas?
 
I've been having this problem since day one. I have tried to upload and change the material names like mad but there has been no success.
 
I'm getting this error now too. I'll put in a ticket, but I did want to say that it doesn't look like the materials are responsible. I uploaded a simple test cube with the exact same materials and it worked just fine. It appears to have something to do with the .fbx, I just have no idea what :(
 
Now i get the same Error.
The ecaxt same Model (without Animations) works perfectly. If i add Animations (Bones) then i got this error... [mad]

Edit:
No it not a fail by the Animations... Now i got this Error also with the exact same Model i Upload before which worked but not now... I hate this TMT every time more...
 
I got this error as well. Then I decreased the texture sizes - now its working :D
Don't know if it has to do with it or if it is just coincidence
 
Since the textures are alright, there must be something wrong with the fbx-file. Check your exporting options and double check that they are all correct. I'm not sure which 3D-modeling program you are using but it might just be the fbx-file that is wonky.
 
Since the textures are alright, there must be something wrong with the fbx-file. Check your exporting options and double check that they are all correct. I'm not sure which 3D-modeling program you are using but it might just be the fbx-file that is wonky.

I can tell you, that in my case the .fbx file was not changed. I just changed the texture size and it worked.
 
I also dont change anything in the fbx file or export settings just add a new <texture_name>_AL.png nothing more.
My Textures are at 64x32 Pixels and 256x256 Pixels.

Edit:
Figured it out.
The Problem was that i had more then one [Root] for the Animation Bones but you can only use 1 [Root] for it.
 
Last edited:
Been working on something and it was fine until I started getting this. Trying a few things before I contact support.
 
Im sorry for moaning on this subject , but how many thousands of man hours have been lost due to frontier releasing a thememakers toolkit , without the accurate and detailed information of incorporating what Assets are needed in what form and file type. And I hate to say this but rollercoaster tycoon world was way better in there steam workshop, even though it was not streamlined in any way to help with performance, it was explanitary. Far more than this contrived system of user generated content. very dissapointed in the quality of this release from frontier. hopefully they will pull there finger out and make a full video of all the things that are needed to create these user generated items, that is clear and simple, not just clues to what you could try and hopefully make work.
 
Last edited:
Edit:
Figured it out.
The Problem was that i had more then one [Root] for the Animation Bones but you can only use 1 [Root] for it.

Oh my gosh, I just checked my model that's getting this error and there were two root bones. I fixed it and am attempting to upload now. If this works, you are getting the world's biggest digital hug.

Edit: Unfortunately, that did not fix whatever issue it has with my upload. I think "ugcArtifactNotFound" is a kind of catchall error, as I got it for another object and was able to fix it by simply re-exporting my FBX from Blender (I had forgotten to change to Y-forward, Z-up and ASCII). I made triple sure I did so with this model, at least. But now I don't have two root bones, so that's at least one issue less to deal with.

I might just try rebuilding my butterfly with the wings as separate objects, as that seemed to work just fine with my Gulpee sign... ugh, frustrating, but I'm sure it's just as frustrating for the devs trying to figure out what's erroring the system out on their end!
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom