Trying to jump out of a system overloaded with FCs !

Following Inara, this system is currently selling Pianite at the high price (approx 10,000,000 ...edit : 1 million per ton). Just a few system before reaching, I was booted out, due to network failure. I did notice the surrounding system was full of FCs. Somehow I managed to get into the system after many tries. But it's impossible to do anything.. accessing the galaxy map / flying around just for a few seconds, and the system hangs (it's actually waiting.. if the network did not fail first, you can move a bit).

What's the best way to get out of this system ?

Last edited:
Well, I would suggest trying to filter carriers out in the navigation panel and then just use it to select the nearest star.

I have my suspicions that the bottleneck is not entirely to do with the presence of FCs but also the reason they are all present in the first place. Remember that the modes are just directives to the matchmaking code - telling it to only instance you with a particular group or to not instance you with anyone else. The code sees everyone, even if you don't, like how the system chat channel works. When the swarm of FCs show up, they are carrying a bigger swarm of miners in all possible instances of each FC.

The FCs alone are what lags out the system map - that can be squarely placed at the door of all these dynamic-but-persistent locations in the system. Jump lag and timeouts, however, will be significantly impacted by matchmaking when there's hundreds of Cmdrs in the system across all modes, even if you're in solo mode.

I have my suspicions that the bottleneck is not entirely to do with the presence of FCs but also the reason they are all present in the first place. Remember that the modes are just directives to the matchmaking code - telling it to only instance you with a particular group or to not instance you with anyone else. The code sees everyone, even if you don't, like how the system chat channel works. When the swarm of FCs show up, they are carrying a bigger swarm of miners in all possible instances of each FC.

The FCs alone are what lags out the system map - that can be squarely placed at the door of all these dynamic-but-persistent locations in the system. Jump lag and timeouts, however, will be significantly impacted by matchmaking when there's hundreds of Cmdrs in the system across all modes, even if you're in solo mode.
That sounds pretty plausible. The current system has probably been optimised over the years and shoving a whole heap of Fleet Carriers in to the mix has made it all sub-optimal all at once.

I dare say that after some further (probably frenzied) optimisations, the situation will get sorted but it will probably take a while from my experience.

Top Bottom