Tritium Hotspots?

Looking to test Tritium mining, to get a feel for how bearable it'll be for me, but so far haven't been able to find any Tritium Hotspots to go mining in. Any pointers to any that have been located that I can head over to..?

Comfortable spot, right inside the bubble: LHS 3056 2 A ring. Great variety of LTD, Tritum, Alexandrite, Grandiderite, even some Void Opals in there. Currently, you'll also find the Americana parked there, while I test the viability of mining for fuel.

Just found one at Trianguli Sector MC-V B2-4 planet 3. My beta carrier will be there momentarily. Testing remote navigation and see if I can see the thing arrive. Then I plan to get a feel for how much 3H is in the spot.

Note to everyone, there's a bug that a Dev responded to in another thread.

Tritium subsurface deposits always give the same (low) yield result, instead of the varied, higher, and sometimes double chunk outputs :)

See if this gets fixed in Patch 1.

Just found one at Trianguli Sector MC-V B2-4 planet 3. My beta carrier will be there momentarily. Testing remote navigation and see if I can see the thing arrive. Then I plan to get a feel for how much 3H is in the spot.
I'm aboard your carrier, Commander :) I need to test my new MkII for long range mining, so tomorrow I will provide you some tritium.

I am noticing that it seems to take a long time for a chunk to get cut off by surface mining lasers. I don't recall this being an issue in the normal game.

Another Tri2 reported in:

Reportedly 250-260t per hour in a Tri2.
I really have to test the Tri3 mentioned above - i just parked neaby, but the overlap is really thin and it seems to be located in the red zone
Haha I would have posted that in here if I'd seen it, too many mining threads 😁 Cheers. I mined that one in the first beta in a Python and yeah, 256 tons in an hour, same rate has been confirmed by other players.

I think I'm going to run my mining cutter over to the triple at the weekend and see how that works out.

I just filled a Cutter in triple tritium hotspot (Tri3) at Col 285 Sector VS-H B11-0 2

Managed only 500t in 2 hours. Kinda makes me think the Tri3 is not a full triple - the overlap area seems to be in the red part for 2 hotspots and in yellow area for the third - which seems to introduce a penalty
Max tritium in asteroids was 36% but basically 8/10 asteroids had at least 20% Tritium.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that I was there on XB and it kinda felt punishing to have on average 1-1.5km between asteroids. (rarer asteroids on console)

Last edited:
I just filled a 320t Conda in slightly above 1h in HIP 13476 13 A Ring (solid double hotspot)
I'd say that i did about 300t per hour matbe slightly more.
Again top percentage was about 36% and about the same - 7/8 out of 10 asteroids had 18-20% Tritium, but there were lots with 26-30+

Getting really p.ssed at the difference in Asteroid Field Density on PC compared to XBox one. Having packed asteroids means really low travel time. I spent most of the time lasering asteroids compared with the scenario above (Cutter on XB) where i spent a much more time traveling between asteroids

All this talk about double and triple hot spots of Tritium is kind of mute isn't it?
If you are out in the black exploring, how often are you going to see double and triple hot spots?
I've been concentrating on single hot spots as I plan on exploring and don't want to spend all my time
mining for Tritium. So far, in the single hot spots, I've averaged 100 tons an hour. At that rate, I will spend
too much time mining and not enough time exploring. I don't mind mining, in fact I kinda like mining but,
not all the time. I'd like to see single hot spots produce 200 to 300 tons an hour and make the double and
triple more rare.

All this talk about double and triple hot spots of Tritium is kind of mute isn't it?
If you are out in the black exploring, how often are you going to see double and triple hot spots?
Well, given how quickly some doubles and triples have been found near the bubble in Beta, they're presumably fairly common out in deep space too.

Back in the old days of Elite Dangerous 2.0:
- there was no engineering, so 35-40LY was a good range
- inter-arm gaps were difficult to cross with just that range
- FSD synthesis could help a lot
- but the scanners didn't reveal planetary mineral deposits, you actually had to go and drive the SRV, shoot some rocks, and see what you got

This did not lead to people declaring that travelling the galaxy was too difficult and FSD synthesis should be cheaper - it led to people checking out systems, reporting on ones with FSD synthesis materials, sharing that information, and also finding routes through the sparser parts of the galaxy that could be done with lower jump ranges.

Nowadays of course you just engineer your FSD and point your ship in a straight line and you're there ... but I expect the same spirit of collaborative exploration will lead to lots of overlapping Tritium spots being discovered and catalogued in deep space, because that suddenly becomes a useful thing to explore for.

(There are certainly thousands of triple LTD hotspots in deep space in live, but there's no reason to look for them so people don't)

Top Bottom