Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

It takes almost no time at all to update TD. Less than a minute. You don't need to sit around wondering. Just push the button.

Mark, A request,please, to add to your pending new version of TD Helper. I like the pop-up that we recently got advising that a new version of Trade Dangerous is available and the option to click to update it. Could there also be some indication that the update has completed? This would avoid sitting there wondering if its OK to update the database yet!
Thanks.
It is already in version 3 of TD Helper and in the unreleased TDHelperJ that I'm currently working on.

On selecting 'Yes' to the request to update TD, the appropriate command is issued and you should see the results in the output window.

The following command will import al the latest data from the server:

Code:
trade import -P eddblink -O listings
It may take some time.

If this is the first time you have run TD, then you probably need to run the following instead:

Code:
trade import -P eddblink -O clean
This will rebuild the database from scratch.

I have noticed that sometimes the 'clean' command issues a warning about not finding the prices fie but running the 'listings' command afterwards seems to sort that out.

The clean command will always display a warning about the prices file, because clean deletes it and rebuilds it from scratch. No need to run listings afterwards.

Also:
'trade import -P eddblink' is equivalent to 'trade import -P eddblink -O listings'.

If there is no .prices file, the eddblink plugin automagically runs as if it was called with 'trade import -P eddblink -O clean'.

So, really, just 'trade import -P eddblink' is usually all you need to do, whether on first run or when updating the database, because the default options for the plugin are, you know, actually sensible. :)

Last edited:
Just started using TD - what's the most convenient way to get the .price files? Many old links are dead.
If you really just want a prices file, there is one on my website at http://elite.tromador.com generated daily by the server. I make no promises it will work correctly, I have tested it but not extensively and don't know how robust it will be for things like megaship moves. Really should use the plugin as the guys show above to download the csv files and generate the database that way.

The clean command will always display a warning about the prices file, because clean deletes it and rebuilds it from scratch. No need to run listings afterwards.

Also:
'trade import -P eddblink' is equivalent to 'trade import -P eddblink -O listings'.

If there is no .prices file, the eddblink plugin automagically runs as if it was called with 'trade import -P eddblink -O clean'.

So, really, just 'trade import -P eddblink' is usually all you need to do, whether on first run or when updating the database, because the default options for the plugin are, you know, actually sensible. :)
Ah, fair enough. I assumed that because there was an error message something was wrong, but this is more of a debug/info message I guess.

Top Bottom