Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

They seem to be too low now - more than half the value that ED Discovery suggests
Thanks for the info. I will add a modifier for star and planet scan values to the TCE.config, so it can be adjusted manually with the next update.
The modifier was 0.33 before, now 0.7 is the new default value. Maybe it fits better.

Version [1.8.0.4] released
Changelog:
  • Added the modifier for star and planet scan values to the TCE.config, where they can be manually adjusted.
  • Adjusted again the estimated scan value of planets and stars to be more in common ranges.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with the camera panel. I have set a shortcut to activate the camera, but when i press the combination, the camera not pop up. All other panels are okay. I have tried some other shortcuts, but no one call the camera panel.

I have a problem with the camera panel. I have set a shortcut to activate the camera, but when i press the combination, the camera not pop up. All other panels are okay. I have tried some other shortcuts, but no one call the camera panel.
The Camera panel is used to add a picture of scanned stellar objects to a database entry or in explorations to add a picture for an overview of the visited star system.
You gain access to the Camera panel via a shortcut or the Take Picture button by selecting an object of the Scan Protocol panel before.
The Scan Protocol panel can be accessed either by the Cartography panel (checkout the wiki for more informations) or, when activated (default) in the options, it will open automatically after a scan event.

By any chance could you manually select a resource (for example painite) and find the best stations to sell? In other words does this help for miners?

By any chance could you manually select a resource (for example painite) and find the best stations to sell? In other words does this help for miners?
That is one of the main features of TCE, so yes!!
You have to rely on the build-in EDDB-Relay to update your database of stations each day to get the best selling points in your vicinity.

can you by any chance tell me how? I can't seem to figure out where to find the page that does this..
The Trade Overview panel containing the information.
Open it and click under Find Location the Best Sell button.
Then select the resource at Select Item, you want to sell.
Right after the selection, stations will be displayed in the list below.
You can sort it by distance or price to find a suitable station for selling.

TCE can only display stations, which are already in your database. You can collect stations either by visiting or adding them through the EDDB-Relay.

If you didn't have any station in your database (because you are new to TCE), open the Extension tab at the launcher of TCE and hit the Create Database button.
You can edit the preferences of sphere range and distance from main star before to fit your needs. Use the default values, if you are unsure.
This is only required, if you have a clean database or you have changed the region, leaving the sphere of stations created before.

Thereafter you have to update the commodity prices of the newly added or already available stations at your database by clicking the Update Trade Stations button.
This has to be done only once a day.

has anyone else's quit loading?

it just hangs.

windows 7 gives apphangb1 and i went and looked for new files and found version.tce and looked in it and it appears to be in german telling me theres a 404 html error

reinstalled and no joy.

Attachments

Can't get TCE version 1.8.0.4 to start up tonight. When I attempt to login is starts by saying "Welcome Commander and my name" and says loading and the dots fill across the screen then seems to hang and if goto task manager says "Trade Computer Extension MK.II not responding". Theres also a 2nd page showing on taskbar says "TCE Workspace" that also shows not responding.

Yes. Since today my TCE II (1.8.0.4) don't launch. It freezes and must killed with the Task manager. Perhaps the last windows Update?

I was using earlier today no problems, haven't had any update today. Computer has been on all day, never shut down between working and now not working.

Yep, im having the same issue, hangs (I left it running for 20 mins in case it was a delay of some kind - but still shows as not responding) during bootup on the Welcome Command (loading) splash page. Good job I checked here as I was just about to uninstall/reinstall it.

Lol, TCE II is so intrinsic to my gameplay these days (been using it for at least 3 years) I'm not sure I remember how to play without it ;-)

V 1.8.0.4

Last edited:
I like the use of TCE, bu this recent build is causing hanging as has been reported. I've refollowed the tutorials, uninstalled it and reinstalled it, to no resolution. I'm sure ther powers that be are working toward a fix

Hello everybody,

the issue you all encountered has to do with the TCE file server in the back, which is down due to my provider.
The server will be migrated to another hoster and I provide a patch for TCE, which is to install manually (the build-in updater is affected too).

Stay tuned...

Top Bottom