Release [Tools] ED-Board - A log book application (& a little more) for Cmdr

That's awesome, thanks! Only problem is the volume getting really quiet for some parts and really loud for others. Don't know if that has something to do with flash player as I've never had that problem with radio-sidewinder before.

I have a question not directly related to the plugin but to overwolf. I'm trying to get a screenshot of the plugin in game, but print screen doesn't pick up overwolf and the screen capture app that came installed on overwolf isn't working. Any idea why I might be having a problem with the screen capture app? It just doesn't do anything when I click the button to take a screenshot.

That's awesome, thanks! Only problem is the volume getting really quiet for some parts and really loud for others. Don't know if that has something to do with flash player as I've never had that problem with radio-sidewinder before.

I have a question not directly related to the plugin but to overwolf. I'm trying to get a screenshot of the plugin in game, but print screen doesn't pick up overwolf and the screen capture app that came installed on overwolf isn't working. Any idea why I might be having a problem with the screen capture app? It just doesn't do anything when I click the button to take a screenshot.

My guess is that since overwolf is an overlay, using the in-game screenshot function won't capture it.
You'd probably need to use an external program to capture it, like Shadowplay or something.

OT: Fantastic plugin. I will definitely give it a go once I'm back home from the family visit

I'd like to be able to edit events I've created under the Groups function.

I'd also like to be able to clear events from that little transparent window that's part of the dock.

Please and thank you. :)

I'm finding this plugin pretty handy so far and it has a lot of potential still.

Hi !
for the volume, I use the same player as the website with same settings, maybe the problem come from overwolf,
on my part test it a little last night, i don't have sounds problem (have the same sound level on both website & plugin). Maybe there is conflict with another Overwolf plugin which control the volume.

For sreenshoot i've read on Overwolf forum it's not working yet and i confirm what Flappers said : maybe we can't directly capture game+plugin because Overwolf is an overlay.
on my part to make some capture of my plugin ingame,
i've a little cheated :) I make an ED capture (F10),
then i open the image on desktop, i open my plugin to put it over the image
then i make another capture with the classic window screenshoot key ;)

I'd like to be able to edit events I've created under the Groups function.

I'd also like to be able to clear events from that little transparent window that's part of the dock.

Please and thank you. :)

I'm finding this plugin pretty handy so far and it has a lot of potential still.

yes the edit is missing for event, it's a mistake, i will add it today !
for the list of event ingame, i don't use it yet so yes maybe there is things to improve,
i can add a button to collapse them all in a single line : that's what you need ?
maybe i can also show only the events for the next days if you planned a long list of events.

For group functions let me know if there is some needs for it, i played a lot alone on my part so don't know well what could be useful.

Last edited:
Hi Biobob,

great work you are doing here... and also really useful tool :)

Not new for me as I use it since you created it, but good to share it here ;)

Have some rep.

Last edited:
For sreenshoot i've read on Overwolf forum it's not working yet and i confirm what Flappers said : maybe we can't directly capture game+plugin because Overwolf is an overlay.
on my part to make some capture of my plugin ingame,
i've a little cheated :) I make an ED capture (F10),
then i open the image on desktop, i open my plugin to put it over the image
then i make another capture with the classic window screenshoot key ;)
OIC Very helpful. Thanks!

yes the edit is missing for event, it's a mistake, i will add it today !
for the list of event ingame, i don't use it yet so yes maybe there is things to improve,
i can add a button to collapse them all in a single line : that's what you need ?
maybe i can also show only the events for the next days if you planned a long list of events.

For group functions let me know if there is some needs for it, i played a lot alone on my part so don't know well what could be useful.

I'd actually like to be able to delete old events manually. I did a couple of test "events" that I'd like to clear off. Not from the same window where you create and join events, as there's already a delete button there, but from the expandable/calapsable window next to all the main function buttons.
I'd also prefer if old events didn't automatically clear, as I'd like to be able to create ongoing events and just update them.
I'm using "events" as a news feed as well.

Disregard that. Everything seems to be working as intended now.

Last edited:
Few more suggestions for groups with mock-up images for clarity...

• Add a separate button for group descriptions so that descriptions don't persist while viewing member list and events.
  • Make descriptions collapsible for easy navigation in the case of belonging to several groups.
description.pngdescription2.png

• In Event creation, split "Date" into "Start Date" and "End Date" and allow the End Date to be left blank.
  • Add a field in the event creation screen to name the event.
create event.png

• Make individual events collapsible so that only the event title is visible.
  • On the group members list, show what mode each person is playing in.
  • Instead of showing how many ly a player is from the event, show what mode they are in or, if they're in a private group, what private group they are in.
event list.png

• On the Commander page, add a drop down menu to select the mode we're playing in along with an additional field to add which private group we're currently playing in if applicable.
open.pngprivate.png
  • Make event titles persist in the update panel even when the rest of the event information is minimized.

• Allow imbedding of links.

Last edited:
Hi Cmdr Leoben Capa !
thanks a lot for your feedbacks !
I will work on it next week,
as you see i've make a little update to edit event & for past events there is no auto-delete, just filter the plugin view to show only future events.

N.B. :
hello Duita ;)
and thanks to Cmdr Thrudds to talk about edboard on his useful trading tool !

If you could make Logs collapsible as well, that would be perfect. I've started using them to keep track of bounties organized by system.

Hi,

can you please help me ?

I want to use Edboard in game and have it all setup as well as overwolf but how am I supposed to use it ? Overwolf says to press shift+F1 to control overlay and dock I press it and it works fine but I loose control of game's control buttons on hotas it stops working and when I press shift+F1 again game doesn't return back to normal.

any ideas ?

Thank you

Hi,

can you please help me ?

I want to use Edboard in game and have it all setup as well as overwolf but how am I supposed to use it ? Overwolf says to press shift+F1 to control overlay and dock I press it and it works fine but I loose control of game's control buttons on hotas it stops working and when I press shift+F1 again game doesn't return back to normal.

any ideas ?

Thank you

Hi!,
when you switch to Overwolf think it's normal to loose ingame control (on my part my speed always fall to 0 when i open the overlay)
but it's strange you can't go back to Elite, maybe try to change the shortcut to fix that (go under Setting > "In-Game control" > "Control Overwolf when I hit ...")

Do you use full range throttle? My throttle goes to 50% when I switch to overwolf controls. Might be because I use forward only. Also, recently toggling back from overwolf to game controls toggles my ship lights and silent running for some reason.

Cool looking application. I tried the stats page, uploaded a couple of those netlog files but no stats are displayed anywhere? Maybe I just don't look in the right place? I do have all the logs saved from launch (over 5Gb). I assume you can extract exact play time from them...but perhaps some sort of filttering would be in order first to the log files? (I have the verbose stuff enabled as well as the two other settings).

Do you use full range throttle? My throttle goes to 50% when I switch to overwolf controls. Might be because I use forward only. Also, recently toggling back from overwolf to game controls toggles my ship lights and silent running for some reason.
Yes use a full range throttle.

I've update the tools

• Add a separate button for group descriptions so that descriptions don't persist while viewing member list and events.
  • Make descriptions collapsible for easy navigation in the case of belonging to several groups.

• In Event creation, split "Date" into "Start Date" and "End Date" and allow the End Date to be left blank.

• Make event titles persist in the update panel even when the rest of the event information is minimized.

A question about "Allow imbedding of links.", what do you mean with this ?

Cool looking application. I tried the stats page, uploaded a couple of those netlog files but no stats are displayed anywhere? Maybe I just don't look in the right place? I do have all the logs saved from launch (over 5Gb). I assume you can extract exact play time from them...but perhaps some sort of filttering would be in order first to the log files? (I have the verbose stuff enabled as well as the two other settings).
5Gb it's huge (for 6 Month of game, i've only 2-3 Mo),
i've check your temporary folder for import, it's empty, could you send me one of your log (filename like "netLog.1503160059.01.log") at contact@ed-board.net please,
i will take a look (maybe one of your setting make a problem),
also i put a limit of size file (2Mo) for each log to avoid someone make a bad imports, i've raise it to 4Mo if it can help.

Last edited:
I've update the tools

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

A question about "Allow imbedding of links.", what do you mean with this ?

Allow hypertext for url's. Might want to direct members to a specific section of the group's site or forums instead of copy/pasting all of the information into the description, or link them to a useful tool.

edit: Just tried the web app and it won't let me save the event without having an end date selected. It's not a huge deal, but it would be extremely convenient if I could make certain events indefinite. Merci beaucoup.

Last edited:
Thank you for replies,

I manage to control game again if I press shift+F1 2 or 3 times and only after I click show panels button on hotas so for the time being I'll pass on Overwolf

Instead I am trying to control radio sidewinder with voice attack using WMP, I got it all working but for volume control which no matter what will only control master volume and not the media player's, can someone help me get this straight ?

Thank you

5Gb it's huge (for 6 Month of game, i've only 2-3 Mo),
i've check your temporary folder for import, it's empty, could you send me one of your log (filename like "netLog.1503160059.01.log") at contact@ed-board.net please,
i will take a look (maybe one of your setting make a problem),
also i put a limit of size file (2Mo) for each log to avoid someone make a bad imports, i've raise it to 4Mo if it can help.

I sent you and email, thanks for taking a look at this. Clearly one issue is that my log files are all much bigger than the 4Mb limit. I always apply these settings to the logging: (just in case I'd encounter some strange bug I'd want to report and to have the system name available for 3rd party tools)

VerboseLogging="1"
ReportSentLetters="1"
ReportReceivedLetters="1"

As I suggested in the email, some sort of pruning of the files is in order to get the size acceptable. I'm willing to take a shot at figuring out some automated way to do that if you can give me the info of what exactly your tool is looking for in the log file.

Update :
- remove limit restriction for log size, now the browser will make the data parsing to send to the host only the time played : Thx to Cmdr LordKee to test it :)

- new languages added with the help of Cmdr Mossarelli (Swedish) & Cmdr Rispo (Polish)

- add public Cmdr Page : http://ed-board.net/pilot-8236.html (to be activated in options)
- on the global rank page, now add a link on each Cmdr to view his public page (if activated)

Top Bottom