Tips for keeping FPS high

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the FPS up? I understand water falls and guests are quite big factors which slow the game down?

Thanks!

Anything that requires constant background calculations (guests, staff, animals, rides) slows down the game.

Scenery and construction pieces do impact, but not as much as the stuff above.

Because of Covid everywhere in the world we have lockdowns. Lets reduce the number of possible guests in our zoos. That is possible in the planet Zoo options and helps to keep the FPS high.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ZSH
In my personal zoos I usually have no guests. I like the guests but after awhile they can lower your frame rate and I’ve grown accustomed to doing so from playing zt2 also. It kept frame rates good plus in zt2 with all the realistic mods the guests just looked out of place. Another little trick I’ll do when I’m feeling lazy for animal shelters is use the frontier blueprints. They are very nicely done especially the medium to large ones. I will usually spruce them up a bit to give them a personal look. It’s amazing what some different walls and minor changes will do.

A good Layout for your Park seems to be very helpful. It never laggs in my Forest Zoo even though it is relatively big. In my Antarctic Research Center I've noticed that the Game laggs sometimes because it's still a small Park. Make sure that not too many Guests are in one Place at the same Time

Because of Covid everywhere in the world we have lockdowns. Lets reduce the number of possible guests in our zoos. That is possible in the planet Zoo options and helps to keep the FPS high.
True, but as one's zoo grows, one needs more guests to provide money for the requisite staff and food for the animals etc. I've run into this issue when my largest couple of zoos got too bogged down to play comfortably. I tried restricting the number of guests, and it helped with performance, but then the zoo started to bleed money. Guests are the only source of income in the game at this time, so bigger zoos with more animals, staff, and attractions need more guests.

I suppose the introduction of some alternative ways to obtain funding from grants, charitable contributions, or government agencies could change this dynamic and allow larger zoos to be less than 100% dependent on huge guest numbers. But if this route were available I'd suggest requiring something in return, such as a certain amount of research being done on animals (even after all species in the zoo are "maxed out") and a certain amount of breeding and release of endangered species.

I suppose the introduction of some alternative ways to obtain funding from grants, charitable contributions, or government agencies could change this dynamic and allow larger zoos to be less than 100% dependent on huge guest numbers. But if this route were available I'd suggest requiring something in return, such as a certain amount of research being done on animals (even after all species in the zoo are "maxed out") and a certain amount of breeding and release of endangered species.
I would absolutely love something like this in the Game

Top Bottom