TIL: Faction Hostility is Dangerous

Playing the war CG, doing my thing with a little on both sides. I'm unlikely to get top 25% at the end of the CG, but top 75% in both is a decent payout.
Played a little too long on one side and made the other Hostile. I figure I'll slip into the station, turn in my bonds/missions and even it all out.
Nope. Destroyed by the station defences. https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/
Fortunately, both sides have presence in both stations, so I was able to calm them down with missions from the other station, but something weird happened when I did regain access to the other.
I made it back to "disliked", docked at the station and went below decks, turned in a mission which triggered the station back to hostile, which also started the station attacking me, then I turned in some Combat Bonds and the went back to simply Disliked. The station was still hostile, but couldn't kill me as I was below deck. Logging out and in reset the hostility back to where it should have been.

Interesting weirdness.

Last edited:
I made it back to "disliked", docked at the station and went below decks, turned in a mission which triggered the station back to hostile, which also started the station attacking me, then I turned in some Combat Bonds and the went back to simply Disliked. The station was still hostile, but couldn't kill me as I was below deck. Logging out and in reset the hostility back to where it should have been.
The turned in mission lowered the rep with the opposing faction and as you barely were above hostile you are right back in it. Then you use bonds or bounties to get back into unliked you need to relog for it to change. If you use missions it updates without relog. If neither is available you can also just relog and you will be transferred to the nearest prison. You will still be hostile, but it beats being repeatedly gunned down by the station weapons.
So long you are docked you are invincible to weapons fire, it doesn't matter if you are outside or inside the hangar.

If you know you're going to be hostile it's worth doing missions from an outpost or planetary base. You'll still be shot at but with a well outfitted ship this is a slap as opposed to the full sledgehammer to the face something like a Coriolis can give you.

Don't log off as hostile without something in the bank, or you'll end up in jail.
You end up in jail then logging off and being hostile to the station owner. Don't need money, but maybe a fuel scoop and/or a ship you can transfer.
Looks to be intentionally so you can't get stuck in a never-ending loop of being being killed by the station and respawn at it again.

You end up in jail then logging off and being hostile to the station owner. Don't need money, but maybe a fuel scoop and/or a ship you can transfer.
Looks to be intentionally so you can't get stuck in a never-ending loop of being being killed by the station and respawn at it again.
Yes you are spot on right Paul, I forgot the nuance of the situation. OP, hand in anything that can improve your rep before logging off, else if you log off as hostile, it's a long trip back!!

Top Bottom