This game urgently needs a CUSTOM GAME

This game urgently needs a custom game mode, where you simply create and manage your park freely, with money limitations, needing to research new technologies and etc, like any basic management game...

Sad to have to be forced to play story mode and still not be able to play a simple custom game to pass the time and have fun.

Just like what we had in Operation genesis, a simple custom game in which we manage and unlock things as our park progresses, simple, direct and fun!

It's not a challenge mode, it's not a chaos theory mode, it's not a sandbox mode, just custom game

Came here from steam to say the same thing! I am still debating if I should make my on post or just let this one grow into a mega thread. I love JE1 played it for around 100 hours. I was hoping to get a simular set up. All I want to do is build a park with no restrictions on dinos/research and watch the money roll in. Random map set up would be awesome. Random or custom built maps would add so much to the game. I would probally play JE2 most more then I played JE1. As it is now I wasted 60 bucks on a game that just makes me want to play the old one instead, even though i lose all the new stuff that I do like...guess I will just have to wait around and see if they fix anything...

Just came here to say that i agree with this idea and just want to give visibility to this thread so that more people can see it and the dev team starts to think about this..
Also about the idea of a custom island generator, i think the main problem is that this game is available for consoles as well, and they have so much more limitations than pcs, and i think that the main setback Frontier feels is not to make something that wouldn't work on a console but would on a pc, so that no one gets left out.

I also only came to this forum to actually post this.

After 10 hours (going through Campaign and 1 challenge mode) I kinda realized this game doesn't have a game mode I bought it for. I didn't make my research because I didn't honestly even think it could be missing. I would refund if I could.

How come there is no freeplay mode???

I want to choose a map with very little money on my account and slowly build my world, doing expeditions and research (!). From everything locked to unlock everything 🤷🤷🤷 starting on low budget maybe catching first 2-3 dinos freeroaming on map and after a while maybe research and incubbate my first dinosaur... How is even possible that devs forgot such a basic game mode??

It's just the most common mode in every single builder game but it's missing in this one 🥲

Ok some maps can be unlocked via 5 star rating on other ones but that's about it..

Last edited:
And also give us random dig sites to start with so that we aren't stuck with the same dinosaurs whenever we start a new freeplay mode.. Like what they did for the first game

Just came here to say that i agree with this idea and just want to give visibility to this thread so that more people can see it and the dev team starts to think about this..
Also about the idea of a custom island generator, i think the main problem is that this game is available for consoles as well, and they have so much more limitations than pcs, and i think that the main setback Frontier feels is not to make something that wouldn't work on a console but would on a pc, so that no one gets left out.
Jurassic park operation genesis was for PC and consoles and had a map generator and freegame mode, and at that time consoles were far less powerful.

Jurassic park operation genesis was for PC and consoles and had a map generator and freegame mode, and at that time consoles were far less powerful.
Don't forget that jpog doesn't have the graphics nor the mechanics present in this current game, but yeah if they made mixed eras only for pc and next gen consoles, they should make this for a niche as well

maybe we just need 2 new options in the sandbox;
All expedition unlocked (on/off)
All research unlocked (on/off)

This! That's really all it needs to make everyone happy and it's something I asked about as soon as the terribly restricted challenge mode was announced, because I knew this would happen and got a very disappointing answer back then. So I'm very happy to see that so many more players are popping up here and all over to request this and hope the devs will finally see reason and give us those option along with all the others in sandbox as well. Just let everyone play in their sandbox the way they want to, that's all we ask for.

Also came from steam just to say:
I've been playing for over 40 hours now and would also like a custom game. So I can play more hours. I have almost completed all the challenges and then what? Game over? That would be, especially for the proud price, very meager. A good game I like to play for dozens to hundreds of hours and not just once the campaign.

maybe we just need 2 new options in the sandbox;
All expedition unlocked (on/off)
All research unlocked (on/off)
Maybe two more in addition:

Random Events (off/on)
Contracts (off/on/frequent)

As a challange mode player who misses having all animals available, and always a random mission to go with, this would be perfect.

As for the 'frequent' option, it would be that immediately after you solve a contract, a new one would become available immediately without having to wait a month. The option to replace a contract can remain a monthly thing.

Not if Frontier sees what happens in topics on steam, but I published the same topic there and it gained a lot of attention from the community, a lot of people want this... It would be nice to have this in the game, simple and it would make a big difference.

Above is the link to the steam discussion. Frontier please fulfill this request!

Maybe two more in addition:

Random Events (off/on)
Contracts (off/on/frequent)

As a challange mode player who misses having all animals available, and always a random mission to go with, this would be perfect.

As for the 'frequent' option, it would be that immediately after you solve a contract, a new one would become available immediately without having to wait a month. The option to replace a contract can remain a monthly thing.
I think there's already an option for the events.

I only came over to this forum for this exact reason. I could play this game for hours and hours on end, but once these Challenge modes are completed, I can't see myself staying. Hopefully we can catch their attention to put options up for expeditions and research. I heard it was this way in the first version. Very unfortunate. It's even more needed in this one considering the restrictions on dinosaurs.

Top Bottom