The Quest To Find Raxxla

I think seed has many interpretations and I guess in the Elite it can mean many things I guess. A seed of wealth, a seed of power, a seed of wisdom.

a seed no yet planted by the hands that have not touched it, left unseen by those that have sought for it for years.
I don't mean philosophy, I mean RAXXLA is life-starter. Or source of life somehow. So close to it - more different life forms as they had more time.

Ok So ran across this today. ( I know its not a hexagon... but stilll)

I was watching Numberphile(subscribe if you haven't) on youtube and there was an interesting video about trajectories along dodecahedrons today... And he mentioned the Double Pentagon ... had a cool tat for it too. So I looked that up and found this:

From a paper "Periodic paths on the pentagon, double pentagon and golden L " by Diana Davis and Samuel Leli`evre

1/3/33 ...
Also from this paper (below) is a pattern created from a tree word of 303n1. It avoids the center... and creates a familiar pattern.

Currently has me looking into Veech Surfaces...

Anyone try to correlate permit locked systems/regions to descriptions in the toasts?

Jewel that burns on the brow => Polaris (locked)
Whisperer in witchspace => col 70 sector fy-n c21-3 (locked)

If they correlate, perhaps one of the matches isn't locked.
Mother of Galaxies?
Yearning of our Vagabond Hearts?
Lover's Woe?
Parent's Grief?
Siren of the Deepest Void?

I can't think of any permit-locked systems off the top of my head that would match any of these.
"Siren of the Deepest Void" sounds like it could refer to the Formidine Rift, where (I seem to remember) people in Project Dynasty ships heard something in witchspace.
Salome also said that something was in the Rift that was much more dangerous than the thargoids. I can't help thinking that Raxxla and the Formidine Rift are connected, even though they probably aren't.

I'm sure what I'm discussing below in relation to the diagram has probably already been covered, so apologies in advance if it has!
(please drop a link to any previous posts about it if you have one.)

I dredged up my screenshot of a Thargoid Sensor and checke the Wiki, and comparing with the line drawing circled in yellow below it certainly appears to match right down to the number of >. Therefore I assume therefore the flower-like objects are actually Thargoid Interceptors, since they also appear to match.

This leads me to an interpretation of the visual below, which to me appears to be the top cross-hatched section might represent 'normal hyperspace' which you could be interdicted by an interceptor from (and personally have been), but if you're using the 'correct' Thargoid object and perhaps a gateway (Raxxla?) you can enter and exit safely to the alternate location(s).

So, have the other two objects that I haven't been circled below been clarified yet or are they perhaps Thargoid stuff we haven't yet seen/discovered, and are they covered in a distortion field because they're partially in the other dimension all the time?

View attachment 158665 = View attachment 158669

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.
I believe the other images would be
unknown-4-e1499275061932-350x350.png

downloadfile-1.png

By, "legendary," do you mean allied status or is there some other status I've never heard of?! That would be quite interesting.
To clarify for Noobilite & Macros, the 'Legendary' I mentioned was noted within the TDW Aide Charlotte Reynolds' comment section that you see when you go into the Mission section.

The image below is what I have now after performing the assassination mission and losing status, and then ramping back up to 100% (or more?) Allied status which no longer mentions that.

1579072642934.png

Prior to performing the mission I specifically was looking at the comment and it mentioned something along the lines of "Your legendary reputation proceeds you, Commander RaNaketh." (or something close to that). It's why I commented I wish I'd taken a screen shot of it before I did the assassination mission as it's the only time I've noted that word used.

So I'll be re-doing/continuing my operation less than three missions which I've been keeping track of in my spreadsheet to see if I can re-obtain that statement from the Aide.

Note: Hmm, I just added up the missions I'd been doing and had 90+ recorded, which means I'd probably done just over 100 of the specific Founder / Elite missions for allies of TDW before I noted that comment. I hope I haven't reversed 100 missions worth of effort with that single mission, but I fear that might have occurred!

1579073363709.png

Fingers crossed I get the comment again, and hopefully that helps clarify my previous statement a bit.

Fly Dangerously!
/Ra.

Makes me wonder if it's related to not having done anything against the faction. If so that could by why there is a reset commander thing. Which gets into the concept of being reborn potentially to do some things.. Or at least potentially.

Its the ghost in the machine.... the background simulation... randomius factoria!
randomius factoria is the key. remember that the procedural nature of Elite was its great feature since the start, and the great innovation from the original team. RAXXLA, whatever it is will be generated on spot under certain circumstances (and maybe some random factors: exact location?). That's why no one can find it by chance. Now think of the rules, and the amount of code needed to get them there. It should be easter egg sized as it most probably isn't gameplay related. No point of coding something huge no one will see.

Makes me wonder if it's related to not having done anything against the faction. If so that could by why there is a reset commander thing. Which gets into the concept of being reborn potentially to do some things.. Or at least potentially.
I hadn't thought about that angle. Interesting.

It was probably the first specific instance I can think of where I did something explicitly against TDW as a faction. I'd done missions for non-allies of TDW, which would have a negative impact on their influence, but not a specific targeted attack against them.

I think I'll go about re-doing some missions first before I trigger a reset though. ;-)

To clarify for Noobilite & Macros, the 'Legendary' I mentioned was noted within the TDW Aide Charlotte Reynolds' comment section that you see when you go into the Mission section.

The image below is what I have now after performing the assassination mission and losing status, and then ramping back up to 100% (or more?) Allied status which no longer mentions that.

View attachment 158808

Prior to performing the mission I specifically was looking at the comment and it mentioned something along the lines of "Your legendary reputation proceeds you, Commander RaNaketh." (or something close to that). It's why I commented I wish I'd taken a screen shot of it before I did the assassination mission as it's the only time I've noted that word used.

So I'll be re-doing/continuing my operation less than three missions which I've been keeping track of in my spreadsheet to see if I can re-obtain that statement from the Aide.

Note: Hmm, I just added up the missions I'd been doing and had 90+ recorded, which means I'd probably done just over 100 of the specific Founder / Elite missions for allies of TDW before I noted that comment. I hope I haven't reversed 100 missions worth of effort with that single mission, but I fear that might have occurred!

View attachment 158809

Fingers crossed I get the comment again, and hopefully that helps clarify my previous statement a bit.

Fly Dangerously!
/Ra.
NPC flavor text?
Or something more?
Dun dun duuuuun!!!
¯\(ツ)
Edit: Just keep relogging to main menu, eventually you'd get something like this.
tdw legend flavor text.JPG

Last edited:
Ooo, I can't say definitively the same as I didn't get a screen shot, but looks about right.
So the real question is, does that appear in any other NPC 'Aide' text, or is it specific to TDW in SD?

/ Ra
Well I've been refreshing and the Aide for Future of Arro Naga in SD gives me the same text after a while.

Edit: So does the Aide for Sol Constitution Party in Sol.

future of arro naga legend text.JPG

sol constitution party flavor text.JPG

Last edited:
Well I've been refreshing and the Aide for Future of Arro Naga in SD gives me the same text after a while.

View attachment 158811
Hmm, unless it's isolated to TDW and Allies (which I doubt), we should be able to prove this easily by anyone allied to another faction in a different system, I suspect these are standard NPC statements when you reach 'Allied' status.

I got these from TDW now at the moment, just have to got back out and in to the Mission screen to have these refresh:

1579076123772.png

1579076219087.png

1579076567694.png

Edited:
Now if these comments are isolated to TDW and Allies, that would be a point worth noting!
Machina and I both duplicated the 'legendary' Aide comment from other factions in other systems, so it appears to be a normal allied status comment.

/ Ra.

Last edited:
Hmm, unless it's isolated to TDW and Allies (which I doubt), we should be able to prove this easily by anyone allied to another faction in a different system, I suspect these are standard NPC statements when you reach 'Allied' status.

I got these from TDW now at the moment, just have to got back out and in to the Mission screen to have these refresh:

View attachment 158812
View attachment 158814
View attachment 158816

Now if these comments are isolated to TDW and Allies, that would be a point worth noting!

/ Ra.
Ah well I edited my last post with an allied faction in Sol. So the flavor text occurs with my allied faction in Sol as well.

I've just dropped over to Maia, ostensibly to check 5A's colour for TDW station (which is close, but no bodies close enough to generate the picture from the Codex), and so I was having a closer look at nearby bodies.

When I DSS Maia A 6 B (non-landable) I received (4) Notable Human signals? I thought you could only get those from 'landable' bodies?

Top Bottom