The need for an Authority Contact and Restock at Explorer's Anchorage for the DW2 CG

If people have raced ahead to the station a week before distant worlds is supposed to be there, and two weeks before the CG, then its their own fault if they're picking up fines or getting ganked in open without being able to sell their data.

The organizers have constantly told people that this isn't a race and there is a schedule they're sticking to. So why are people skipping large parts of the trip just to gawp at content that's not finished yet and is pretty useless in its current state?? The idea is for the fleet to show up by a certain day and help bring the station up to standard by working for it in the next CG, not to whine at the organizers or frontier to give you stuff on a silver plate because your impatience got he better of you and you went there 2 weeks early. And anyone who hangs around there in open play is just asking to get their exploration data ganked out of them. :rolleyes:

That's a pretty narrow minded view on players that have arrived at the station early.

I don't need any other player to tell me, or even infer, at what rate I should be going between waypoints of the DWE2 trip.

I arrived probably the day after the Station was placed into the System & I'm docked in it still. I've got plenty of time to play ED, so will always be ahead of the field - which by the way, the organiser's stress that players travel at their own pace.
I keep updated through discord & this forum, so I know that an incomplete Station means it's not complete yet. So I wait, maybe do some prospecting for the future CG AND get my 2nd account ship to the WP.

I neither moan to the organisers or FD about the state of the Station facilities & know that the other facilities will be introduced bit by bit over time.

As for playing in Open & picking up of fines - well that's individual Player's problem which don't concern me.

I play the game how I WANT to play it, not how YOU want me to play it!

I play the game how I WANT to play it, not how YOU want me to play it!

No, no... I play the game my way - how dare you copy me :p

I'll be arriving at the station in the next few days, keep the bar warm for me :D

ETA: Anyone playing in Open there for the next couple of weeks are going to receive, for sure, a very warm welcome from the DG2 participants... (by warm I mean "Oh, look at that pretty fireball... that used to be my ship!" )

Last edited:
No, no... I play the game my way - how dare you copy me :p

I'll be arriving at the station in the next few days, keep the bar warm for me :D

ETA: Anyone playing in Open there for the next couple of weeks are going to receive, for sure, a very warm welcome from the DG2 participants... (by warm I mean "Oh, look at that pretty fireball... that used to be my ship!" )
I have || this much sympathy for those who play in open and complain when they get killed.

I have || this much sympathy for those who play in open and complain when they get killed.

I quite agree with you.

While players can play whichever mode they want to, they must realise...or learn that playing in Open mode especially in the 'in-game' hotspot locations such as these DWE2 Waypoints, will attract some players who are hell bent on ruining the Elite experience just for the lols.
To then whine about it in forum threads, to me, just shows a lack of knowledge on the make up of the Elite community.

I feel sorry for the new players in the Start systems, many who are put off playing due to the 'seal clubbers'. It's these 'clubbers' that Frontier should take a stance against as their actions have a damaging effect on the future of the game, when it comes to attracting new players.

I was ganked on my first day playing ED - in open as it was 'the most popular'... I then spent most of my time in solo until I joined Mobius, where I currently 'live' these days.

Open is the playground of the 'PvP' folk, particularly in CG's - it can be fun to throw a ship their way as a trader but not something I'd do with a heap of explo data to sell...

I'm not too sure even my T10 would survive long against the DG2 squad... https://s.orbis.zone/2b5- but it should survive a NPC pirate encounter...

Last edited:
To then whine about it in forum threads, to me, just shows a lack of knowledge on the make up of the Elite community.

Not just the ED community, but the entire gaming community, IMHO. It's just what a portion of gamers do, in any game that has open PVP. Nothing to be surprised about.

I feel sorry for the new players in the Start systems, many who are put off playing due to the 'seal clubbers'. It's these 'clubbers' that Frontier should take a stance against as their actions have a damaging effect on the future of the game, when it comes to attracting new players.

Definitely agree on that one.

Last edited:
Iv only ever played in Open when the first few Guardian sites were being located & the Ram Tah mission was paying 200mil for 101 data scan finds.

It was good working with others collecting these scans, though I was always wary of who was in my instance.

Rest of my 4+ years, I've played in Solo 'til I joined Mobius but now Ive about 6 other PG's I can use, including one set up for my two accounts only. Handy for when in WP systems & the game slows down, like when the CG's start.

I built my ship around mining gear after all a refinery weighs nothing I have srv afm I took collector and prospector and mining lasers droped them off at the last cg on way here and ordered them as soon as I visited outfitter
scout be prepared

Top Bottom