The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

20210913085710_1.jpg
20210913043705_1.jpg
20210913043907_1.jpg
20210913042607_1.jpg

CMDRs Log stardate 210914

It's time to start the 3rd expedition, although this time we are staying local. My very first trip in this direction was before the Thargoids learned to block Hyperdrive plotting and I loved Barnard's Loop at the time. That was many years ago, when I had saved up just enough to buy myself an Asp Explorer. Today, I have a fleet of ships, each suited to their purpose. I have joined the Fatherhood and discovered a family. Yet still the call of the black is upon me...
lsGep95.png

Last stop in the bubble! Small fish in a big pond!
y1wv9CY.png

First jump out. Okay - it's a big jump: 51.75ly range fully fueled - but still. First Footfall, which means dibs on first discovered. There can't be that many bio explorers out this way. Guess I'm pioneering once more.
TaOaxVh.png

Gotta climb it!
TviO8Qf.png

The air in my suit seems fresher up here!
UX2xcfY.png

Get a small ship, they said. It'll be easier to land, they said. Seriously, people!
gH2Qwdr.png

Loving the paint on my new ride. I wonder how long it will last.

Expedition 3 has begun! o7 CMDRs!

Next

Last edited:
When I was a kid I had one of those large-format science annuals (1973 or thereabouts), which had a few grainy photos from the moon and then artists impressions of the surface of all the other planets.

They spaced these pics through the book, between the other articles, and I used to stare at them for ages, just imagining what it would be like to step onto a planet and experience the vast and utter loneliness of an alien landscape.

Have to admit, exploring in Odyssey brings me as close as I'm ever going to get to that feeling.

20210915074854_1.jpg

Last edited:
CMDRs Log stardate 210915

Previously

We tested out the capabilities of the TFS Mina's Tears today. 620ly in 10 minutes! This places us at the Witch's Head. It remains to be seen if we can break through the Thargoids hyperdiction wall.
UGoXBsG.png

Our destination looms large.
GeDpagu.png

It would be remis of us if we skipped a visit to the local science research station.
rzKxlae.png

Anyone not coming had better get off!

Until next time CMDRs, o7!

Next

Last edited:
CMDR's Log stardate 210916

Previously

Greetings CMDRs, It's day one out in the black - well, it's becoming more salmon pink than black, but more on that later.
HXsAGAC.png

We departed Witches Head Research Station.
5cuvWYL.png

This is our destination. First stop, the Orion Nebula! The Barnard's Loop complex consists of 4 different nebulae.
ecdWt9G.png

Time to stretch our legs and make sure all moving parts are... er... moving.
iaAZhTT.png

Have you ever noticed how the Galaxy has a way of making you feel small?
2uTAH6M.png

Stopped for a bit to listen to these plants sing to me!
xJI9A7s.png

Quick inspection before moving on...
3tfWgAj.png

That canyon was fun to fly along... can't say it was dangerous, but fun. I did no damage, thankfully. We've only just started!

Until next time! o7

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log stardate 210917

Previously

Good morning CMDRs,

Jumping down the 2Mass Tube going from system to system I find that explorers have been to these systems but have not been thorough as I discover a world with Bark Mounds yet no-one has landed here.
MDBtWeS.png

The L type Dwarf provides just enough heat to be dangerous in the day time. I say just enough, if you stand in the shade, it drops to 'normal' temperatures.
gamBvjn.png

Before we start looking for the Bark Mounds, we spotted this monster vent, just to get a sense of scale.
q9fzm4f.png

I feel like an ant!
gEKZvUz.png

This is no perspective trick! It really is this humongous! I was luck enough to get here while it was dormant, otherwise there would be no judging the scale with all that steam.
iOa91Ov.png

Barnard's Loop is large in the sky - reminding us of our journey...

o7 CMDRs!

Next

Last edited:
I once went up to 2Mass to rescue a cmdr who'd docked on a strange carrier and awoke in a remote part of space he couldn't jump back from. I did explore a bit, and this planet is well worth a look:

1631881145944.png

I posted screenshots in this thread, but I'll leave you to discover the beauty. Just make sure it's on the day side.

Top Bottom