The Golconda - Overview of Phases

These people wanted to live in space. They have clearly made up their minds by abandoning their original mission. I want to help them by keeping their dream alive by being a permanent space colony. If they wanted a planet side colony, they would have stuck to the original mission :).
Only a dictatorship will force them to move back to planet side.
"Dad, can I play somewhere?"

"There isn't room, Son. Were now all crammed in on a space-based outpost which is less then half the size of the huge Megaship we were on. We could have had loads of room on the surface of a planet but.......oh well."

PLOT TWIST:

Golconda calls in reinforcements - a NPC Fleet Carrier!

This forum has an epic meltdown, "WAHHHHHH!!! THEY GOT FLEET CARRIERS EIGHT FRACKING MONTHS EARLY!!" :ROFLMAO:

"Dad, can I play somewhere?"

"There isn't room, Son. Were now all crammed in on a space-based outpost which is less then half the size of the huge Megaship we were on. We could have had loads of room on the surface of a planet but.......oh well."
Sometimes the will of the people goes against their best interests, for example... Hmmm, if only I could think of a contemporary analogy... 🤔

If any CG needed a third option, its this. There's a disconnect between what was said in the voice logs from Golconda, and the options Golconda have been given.

A thrid option (involving the Alliance?) featuring "deliver X to allow Golconda to cure the diesase, fix their ship and FSD out of there" would be nice.

I’m afraid without any evidence to back that position, it’s a hypothesis to try and justify not letting a colony decide its own fate from all the options available to it.

What we do have is evidence that they want to remain on the ship.

If that changes I would re-evaluate my position, but currently the only evidence we have is that they want to remain on the ship, but the Federation and Empire have different ideas.

If any CG needed a third option, its this. There's a disconnect between what was said in the voice logs from Golconda, and the options Golconda have been given.

A thrid option (involving the Alliance?) featuring "deliver X to allow Golconda to cure the diesase, fix their ship and FSD out of there" would be nice.
I agree with everything you propose with the addition that the people get to choose to stay or leave. The ones that want to stay can stay and the ones that want to leave can leave and should be given assistance to find a place to live and start their new lives.

The whole thing is missing the people of Golconda’s choice. It’s just going to be what the Federation and Empire have decided and then who gets most support from cmdrs. Nothing else.

If we wanted a third way it should be the people of the Golconda decide and then we have a CG to enable their choice.

That could mean some wanting to continue wandering space, some starting a colony whether in space or on a suitable planet, or some choosing to re-enter wider society.

The question on whether each option is feasible depends on numbers for the first 3, but all are possible. Instead we have the situation of one of 2 options being forced on all of them whether they like it or not.

The Anniversary would be a great time to add thargoid mother ships. (it might have originally meant to dovetail with the now delayed FCs ) The Golconda might be a thargoid Trojan horse, or might get attacked by goids necessitating the evacuation to a colony of phase 2.

I do not think we have the full story yet, and there might be some kinks left to discover in this II that make the II beter. (or at least one can hope there is more to this II)

Don't forget, it's still only options they will be given. We only know about the upcoming Fed/Imp plans because FDev decided to release the full plan for this II. But we haven't seen the narrative yet. For all we know, at the end of this CG they will announce that they cured the disease, but their ship isn't repairable or can't be sterilized, and they have no choice but to abandon it. Or there's a conflict onboard, between backers of the security chief vs people who want to reengage with humanity. We just don't know yet.

(And FWIW I say this as a player who generally backs indie factions, and has little love or trust for the superpowers. Just saying, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.)

Top Bottom