The Enclave - Overview of Phases

When I arrived at BP at the end of DW2, I decided to take a break.
My plan was always to "Buckyball" it back and with this, in mind, I fitted 4 engineered heatsinks and 2 AFMU's with all the necessary mats so I could refuel and charge FSD at the same time.
I arrived at BP with 99% hull and only used 3 heatsinks.
What're the chances of making it in time? 🤔
Kinda new to all this elite/forum jargon must be my age but what is Buckyball

There's plenty of Atmos planets, we just can't land on them. Don't need to land on them to last waste to them.

Also rhetorical question.

Yes we do as we have no weapons that can shoot through an atmosphere or indeed far enough to lay waste to them from orbit it's the... actually that phrase needs tightening up but you get the picture.

Note I don't do rhetoric.

I wonder if or how they're gonna balance out exploration data gathered before the II starts as anyone that has exploration data pre the 4th like those returning from DW2 will have an obvious advantage and getting ahead of them in the rankings is gonna be all but impossible, if they're not gonna accept data gathered before the 4th then I'm in if they accept it what's the point

Last edited:
I wonder if or how they're gonna balance out exploration data gathered before the II starts as anyone that has exploration data pre the 4th like those returning from DW2 will have an obvious advantage and getting ahead of them in the rankings is gonna be all but impossible, if they're not gonna accept data gathered before the 4th then I'm in if they accept it what's the point
Don't expect them to... that would be new game mechanic they never had before...

if they accept it what's the point

So they can give everyone on DW2 a reason to come back and not walk away from the game?

The exploration CG's have always been after data and lots of it. Timing its collection is not something I would expect to see. That would mean players couldn't start honking until Thursday and would then have to stop honking by about Tuesday to all rush back. The CG wouldn't move for days then could suddenly finish.

At least this way it will be over by Friday morning and we can all go back to moaning about lack of content and poor game design rather than spending a whole week honking.

I suspect it will only take a few hundred Beagle Pointers to close this one.

All CGs are optional - so feel free to skip 🤷‍♀️

The usual complaint is that exploration CGs can't limit themselves to data from the area that is supposed to be of interest (rather than randoms from DW2 / RTR), and that's probably a better thing to be concerned about. One day they'll fix that - one day.

"you can't sell data at stations within 20 ly from its source"

Technically, is it just a flag setting? Is it possible to set for example "you can sell data here only obtained from between 100 and 250 lys"?

Is it possible to set for example "you can sell data here only obtained from between 100 and 250 lys"?
That mechanic does not exsist in game so that would require an upate to add that in game... data miners how go over patches for new functions and updates would have found that update in the patches on PC ..

I wouldn't expect DW2 returners to have that big an impact on the exploration goal - they'll probably get a decent personal score, but exploration CGs have coincided with the return of other expeditions before without the expedition having a major effect on the totals.

All the previous exploration CGs have been on system count rather than system value, so someone honk-jumping on economy routing can probably build up a pile of CG-quality data quite a bit faster than someone who is actually exploring would. Of course, maybe part of this CG will be showing off some new exploration CG mechanics...

That mechanic does not exsist in game so that would require an upate to add that in game... data miners how go over patches for new functions and updates would have found that update in the patches on PC ..
They could implement it entirely server-side, in this case, so it wouldn't be discoverable - especially if it was only a restriction on which systems counted towards the CG, rather than a general restriction on sales. They don't need to cut out most of the market at a trade CG to make only certain goods count, for example.

(For that matter, there's a big difference between functions theoretically being discoverable by data miners, and them actually being discovered and reported by them)

According to our investigations, Guardian Unidentified Signal Sources (convoys and wreckage sites) are correctly spawning in Synuefe EN-H D11-96. Are you able to point me to the report about this?
Just to confirm - just visited the system - zero Degraded Emission USS with Guardian Materials, and I check more than twenty.

Guess roots can raise an issue now Will has confirmed it wasn't meant to be removed.

They could implement it entirely server-side, in this case, so it wouldn't be discoverable - especially if it was only a restriction on which systems counted towards the CG, rather than a general restriction on sales. They don't need to cut out most of the market at a trade CG to make only certain goods count, for example.
If it was on PC only yes but it runs on Consoles not just PCs..

Just to confirm - just visited the system - zero Degraded Emission USS with Guardian Materials, and I check more than twenty.

Guess roots can raise an issue now Will has confirmed it wasn't meant to be removed.
Yep posted that info in the past II thread as well... there still disabled...
Did you collect the painite or just leave it...

Last edited:
I think you may either have misunderstood what I was saying, or replied to the wrong post, because that doesn't make any sense as a reply to what you quoted.
Servers only enable functions allready built into the console client... the mission boards and UC only display what the Client can, the client can't magicly change just becaue the server send out new data, the client would crash the game... the assets and script upates have to be put in the game... to add any new game play requires a patch to alter the console client...

Servers only enable functions allready built into the console client... the mission boards and UC only display what the Client can, the client can't magicly change just becaue the server send out new data, the client would crash the game... the assets and script upates have to be put in the game... to add any new game play requires a patch to alter the console client...
To add entirely new gameplay, yes.

But all the exploration data sale process already requires multiple server trips - one to retrieve the list of systems you can sell here
- one to say that you've sold them
- one to retrieve the updates to rank and cash

They could add an exploration CG which only counted particular systems towards the CG target entirely with functionality that already exists on the clients.

(see also that time they disabled a couple of mission types and then later re-enabled them, both without having to put out client updates)

Or they could put something interesting to discover in the location they wanted data from so people actually go there...

Top Bottom