General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Trust? Interesting. I saw on the Box today, someone state: Gaining access to vaccine data, was an issue, due to it being 'confidential'. As in medical records, are confidential and so the data within them, cannot be compiled to show/prove, any issues with the vaccine rollout, in the U.K.

I didn’t see the thing you are talking about but there is a system called ‘Yellow card’ here for people to report side effects of any drugs including the vaccines.

Anyone can use it apparently but it is normally used by medical practitioners I would think as most people won’t know about it. I know I didn’t until recently. If you got ill after a vaccine and someone becomes aware of they then it should be reported on that system. It is that system that is being used to identify blood clot case with vaccines here.

So suppose you have a vaccine then call the doctor with massive rash and mention you had a vaccine two days ago... that should end up on that system along with any other relevant information like you are allergic to cats and they give you a rash too. The vaccine companies and government don’t have access to your medical records because of GDPR: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation If enough yellow-cards get flagged with the same data then it ends up being investigated, which is where we are with AZ and blood clots. On a side note to GDPR; that is why you get the utterly annoying “accept cookies” everywhere.

I don’t think anyone is trying to hide anything (I understand why you are suspicious though).

Last edited:
I didn’t see the thing you are talking about but there is a system called ‘Yellow card’ here for people to report side effects of any drugs including the vaccines.

Anyone can use it apparently but it is normally used by medical practitioners I would think as most people won’t know about it. I know I didn’t until recently. If you got ill after a vaccine and someone becomes aware of they then it should be reported on that system. It is that system that is being used to identify blood clot case with vaccines here.

So suppose you have a vaccine then call the doctor with massive rash and mention you had a vaccine two days ago... that should end up on that system along with any other relevant information like you are allergic to cats and they give you a rash too. The vaccine companies and government don’t have access to your medical records because of GDPR: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation If enough yellow-cards get flagged with the same data then it ends up being investigated, which is where we are with AZ and blood clots. On a side note to GDPR; that is why you get the utterly annoying “accept cookies” everywhere.

I don’t think anyone is trying to hide anything (I understand why you are suspicious though).
I had never heard of the yellow card before today. Thanks and it is interesting that as you said. The blood cot issue in the UK, has only been verified, by the use of this database.

I would say that in 10 to 20 years from now, many things will come to light and I think your last sentence, is 'hopeful' at best. The whole country is asking for an enquiry into the 1st 12 months handling of the pandemic in the U.K. and the only opposition to said inquiry, is those doing the handling. Maybe it is the little things like: 28,000 people moved from hospital beds into care homes untested, before the end of April 2020 or the 37 billion spent on a test and trace system that is still a year later; unfit for purpose. Nothing to hide here.

I had never heard of the yellow card before today. Thanks and it is interesting that as you said. The blood cot issue in the UK, has only been verified, by the use of this database.

I would say that in 10 to 20 years from now, many things will come to light and I think your last sentence, is 'hopeful' at best. The whole country is asking for an enquiry into the 1st 12 months handling of the pandemic in the U.K. and the only opposition to said inquiry, is those doing the handling. Maybe it is the little things like: 28,000 people moved from hospital beds into care homes untested, before the end of April 2020 or the 37 billion spent on a test and trace system that is still a year later; unfit for purpose. Nothing to hide here.

I was only referring to vaccines. They got that entire thing right and I trust our scientists to do the right thing.

The rest of crisis handling is wide open for debate as far as I’m concerned. I think I’ve done farts that could have done a better job of handling it (like the schools thing.... everyone but the government understood kids were spreading it around and not getting ill).

I’ll be fine. I don’t play the lottery very often because I know I’ve got more chance of dying in a car crash driving home from work.

The chances of me dying from any vaccine are more than winning the Euromillions jackpot but far less than driving to work. Basically in the middle of the not something to lose sleep over risk level. :)

You’d be fine too but I’m not trying to talk you into it. You are probably more the sort that plays the lottery every week thinking “someone has to win it”. 😜
You can’t compare a guy with commorbidities who lives in the heart of a city of 10 million people and where the virus is actively circulating, with a guy with no health problems who lives in a village of 500 people and where the virus is not circulating.

The French government understood the lesson. During the first wave it confined the entire country for several weeks, even areas where the virus was not circulating.

Today it applies the restrictions in places that need restrictions, not in places where nothing is happening. It’s a lot smarter.

Juste to say, and no lottery here but rationality. :)

😷

You can’t compare a guy with commorbidities who lives in the heart of a city of 10 million people and where the virus is actively circulating, with a guy with no health problems who lives in a village of 500 people and where the virus is not circulating.

The French government understood the lesson. During the first wave it confined the entire country for several weeks, even areas where the virus was not circulating.

Today it applies the restrictions in places that need restrictions, not in places where nothing is happening. It’s a lot smarter.

😷
Yes, no issues there. By the way, how many Covid deaths recorded in France yesterday? 420, yes that is working very well.

To be honest, I try not too. As you are sounding more and more like an anti-vaxer; but now and again, you offer some entertaining moments. Like: France have their Covid situation, under control.
But the France like other European countries is simply facing its third wave, like the United Kingdom a few weeks ago.

I find you very arrogant to teach other countries.

Until proven otherwise, you are the country in Europe with the most deaths, which is not glorious.

In your place when we are the last of the class, we do not play the teacher.

UK = 127,000 dead - Italy = 112,000 dead - France = 98,000 dead

😷

Last edited:
But the France like other European countries is simply facing its third wave, like the United Kingdom a few weeks ago.

I find you very arrogant to teach other countries.

Until proven otherwise, you are the country in Europe with the most deaths, which is not glorious.

In your place when we are the last of the class, we do not play the teacher.

UK = 127,000 dead - Italy = 112,000 dead - France = 98,000 dead

😷
Touche.

Although I do find you response, rather hostile.

On your first jab they fill in and give you a covid-19 vaccination card. On the second they update it. They update your medical record at the same time since the vaccine passport itself is intended to be digital, the card might come in handy for your local.
Nup.

You get a form to fill in, you hand it over to the nurse, you get a needle stuck in your arm and then you're shown to the door.
You don't get anything that verifies you've been vaccinated.

I assume your medical records are updated although the form didn't ask for information such as a doctor's name or NI number.

I dunno if there are plans to provide some kind of vaccination certificate at the time it's carried out but, as I already said, I suspect a big hurdle is going to be retrospectively issuing those cert's to the 30 million people who've already been vaccinated.

Which is why it seems like the most efficient solution would have been to make use of the existing vaccination passport rather than cobble together an entirely new system and then retrospectively issue it to 30 million people.

Whenever a person goes on holiday somewhere obscure, or gets a tetanus or hepatitis vaccination, it's recorded in a vaccination passport and they're given it.
The NHS obviously already has the ability to print these booklets, and health-centres already have boxes of them in stock to issue to anybody who needs one.
Why they couldn't have used them to record Covid vaccinations baffles me.

Nup.

You get a form to fill in, you hand it over to the nurse, you get a needle stuck in your arm and then you're shown to the door.

I assume your medical records are updated although the form didn't ask for information such as a doctor's name or NI number.

I dunno if there are plans to provide some kind of vaccination certificate at the time it's carried out but, as I already said, I suspect a big hurdle is going to be retrospectively issuing those cert's to the 30 million people who've already been vaccinated.

Which is why it seems like the most efficient solution would have been to make use of the existing vaccination passport rather than cobble together an entirely new system and then retrospectively issue it to 30 million people.

Whenever a person goes on holiday somewhere obscure, or gets a tetanus or hepatitis vaccination, it's recorded in a vaccination passport and they're given it.
The NHS obviously already has the ability to print these booklets, and health-centres already have boxes of them in stock to issue to anybody who needs one.
I have explained this. it is all coin, for the coffers.

Example, taken from the Which website.

How much do private Covid-19 tests for travel cost?​

Prices for tests vary a great deal. We have previously found that some labs are far cheaper than others.

This time, our snapshot research found the average cost of a PCR test in the UK is £120.

Prices in the UK are significantly higher than in many other European countries. In Italy, the average cost of a PCR test is €86 (£74), while the region of Lazio (Rome) has capped it at €60 (£52)

Nup.

Speak for yourself, my covid vaccine cards in my wallet. I wouldn't be at all surprised if every trust has a different policy though, since we don't even have a coordinated approach to lockdown rules across our internal borders.

😷

That was tried here to avoid a second lockdown and it really didn’t work. The population density in most parts of the U.K. is probably too high.

It just made the second wave worse :(

Having said that they kept the school open and I’m convinced that was the real problem.

Last edited:
AstraZeneca: those under 55 should receive a second dose of another vaccine, recommends the High Authority of Health in France.

About 600,000 French people, mostly medical staff, have received a first dose of AstraZeneca and will have to supplement it with a second injection of Pfizer or Moderna.

I wonder if all this is compatible :rolleyes:

😷

They gave me a card when I got my first jab, it has a place for the second to be recorded. But really, bits of card with name and details written on in biro. With everyone able to produce duplicates of anything with even the most basic of computers and a printer, I wonder what the point of it is, if anything more than just an appointment card for my reference.

I think comparing the death rates in countries is dangerous ground, one country may have had more recorded deaths but it could be a lower percentage of the population. Also, countries are made up in different ways, more rural/town inhabitants.

Hong Kong confirmed on Friday April 9 that it asked AstraZeneca to suspend its order for Covid-19 vaccines over fears of side effects and concerns about its effectiveness against new variants of the coronavirus.

There seem to be chain reactions all over the world. :rolleyes:

😷

I think comparing the death rates in countries is dangerous ground, one country may have had more recorded deaths but it could be a lower percentage of the population. Also, countries are made up in different ways, more rural/town inhabitants.
Yes, the comparison must be made on countries with equivalent populations and similar geography.

However most of the dead are located in urban cities.

😷

They gave me a card when I got my first jab, it has a place for the second to be recorded. But really, bits of card with name and details written on in biro. With everyone able to produce duplicates of anything with even the most basic of computers and a printer, I wonder what the point of it is, if anything more than just an appointment card for my reference.

There will also have been a laptop open on the table which is where the more reliable record is stored. Keep the card anyway, it'll come in handy down the pub.

🍻😃

Top Bottom