Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Old game master trick: shut up, lean back and see what the players come up with. Pick your favourite and put a twist on it. Less work, and it keeps them engaged.

:D S
Maybe ... Arthur seemed pretty damned confident that what we were seeing is deliberate. Happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for now ... this seems very cool.

The terrorists' thargoid weaponry could came from an unknown INRA base in their territory, or from a new research facility near one of the thargoid bases.

Flying back from my exploration journey to Xibalba to take a look around these places.

The terrorists' thargoid weaponry could came from an unknown INRA base in their territory, or from a new research facility near one of the thargoid bases.

Flying back from my exploration journey to Xibalba to take a look around these places.
There were theories that Aegis were calling in previous Thargoid attacks, so maybe the NMLA have got access to that technology.

Thargoid attacked stations had Transmitters added at 1000km which could occasionally be spotted - I had a quick look but didn't spot any at the current attacks (but they are difficult to find). If we did find transmitters then there might be a message on them (that thargoid one was not interesting).

... and the Transmitter used to arrive the week before the attack, so if we found them it would be worth looking for others nearby.

I also checked some fringe Empire systems to see if there was NMLA in the local news / check for new LP / UCB, but nothing so far.

Really we could do with another mega-thread for story arcs, though at the moment not many seem interested in looking for clues 🤷‍♂️

Hmm, so the attackers didn't use thargoids, just their explosives ... not much point looking for Transmitters after all :)

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/12-SEP-3306

Terror Attacks Used Thargoid-Derived Explosives
12 SEP 3306
The Imperial Internal Security Service has transmitted another urgent bulletin regarding terrorist attacks on starports in the Empire.

“There have been indications that the four starports came under attack by Thargoids. We can confirm that this is not the case, and there is no evidence of Thargoid vessels in the vicinity.”

“Observers reported that some of the damage inflicted on the stations’ infrastructure closely resembled the effect of Thargoid weaponry. This was registered by internal sensor systems, resulting in automatic emergency broadcasts designed to summon aid during a Thargoid incursion.”

“Preliminary investigations suggest the use of customised explosive devices that incorporated elements of Thargoid technology. This suggests that the perpetrators have access to unusually sophisticated resources as well as xenological materials.”

“As yet there is no reason to doubt that the Neo-Marlinist Liberation Army (NMLA) is responsible for these attacks. We have received reports of jubilant scenes from some Imperial fringe systems, in territories where Marlinism remains popular.”

Help with rescue operations is still being requested from the four Imperial starports: Mackenzie Relay in the Cemiess system, Tsiolkovsky Terminal in the Gabjaujis system, Garrido Market in the LHS 4031 system, and Muller Terminal in the Rabh system.

Minor Elite Dangerous book spoilers:
This attack looks a lot like a CIEP backed plot to eventually unify humanity under the imperial banner to help defend against the thargoids. There as similarities to the novel 'And here the wheel'. The book makes clear that the ceepers were determined to try again. If we mes up this storyline the bubble may yet burn!?

Presumably, all three major militaries have access to the tech needed inaddition to the Dark Wheel, CIEP, INRA/Aegis and the Club. Whoever is backing the attacks must be either desperate or terrified to put weapons like this (capable of knocking out a station or capital ship) in the hands of terrorists. The Evil thargoid(Klaxians?) dynasty may be on the way.

"This was registered by internal sensor systems, resulting in automatic emergency broadcasts designed to summon aid during a Thargoid incursion.”

That's one way to lore yourself out of a mistake.
fdev only have assets for Thargoid attacks - so what they gonna do? They can either use them, or just not have attacks be part of their arcs*. I'm glad they thought about it a bit and made it part of the story - it's a step in the right direction.

* yeah, I know some expect them to expend infinite effort to make everything handcrafted, but those ppl will never be happy so I'm glad fdev ignored them :)

fdev only have assets for Thargoid attacks - so what they gonna do? They can either use them, or just not have attacks be part of their arcs*. I'm glad they thought about it a bit and made it part of the story - it's a step in the right direction.

* yeah, I know some expect them to expend infinite effort to make everything handcrafted, but those ppl will never be happy so I'm glad fdev ignored them :)
I mean, really, it should take an artist a couple days (if that) to convert that thargoid damage to none thargoid damage.

It's more so the way they handled it, but yeah. It's obvious that it's a Thargoid attacked station asset, complete with Thargoid attacked ATR comms. I have a hard time believing that the actual people on the station would have believed it was Thargoids, as they would have clearly seen them....but didn't. So why is the ATR guy saying that they had been attacked by Thargoids?

If they had just taken the time to change those comms and not have the thargoid attack thing pop up in galnet, I would have been fine with re-using the asset and then later on saying that there were thargy bits in the bombs. But the fact that they missed the ATR comms and the attack went up on galnet, just wreaks of a blunder that they are now desperately trying to lore their way out of.

I'm not mad mind you. I just think that I see through it. #rememberthegnosis

Anyone checked eagle eye? I am busy, reports of Thargoids attacked the same stations as before, Galnet.
assumes terrorists
The Thargoid report came back - same stations as before, says 'no Thargoids reported'. I assume they're fiddling with stuff for tomorrow and accidentally set off the report. But we were told it is all deliberate 🤔 . So probably more terrorists tomorrow.

1600874015921.png

Top Bottom