Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

As I read more and more conspiracy theories (and confusion) about the Thargoid's involvement (*1) one thing is clear. If FD had no intention of this being anything to do with the Thargoids then they ought to be reactive and address this in a future Galnet article. Either adapt their story to the idea that the terrorists are using caustic weaponry or simply write a short follow-up article stating that early claims that the terrorists have Thargoid connections due to the markings spotted on the outside of the stations (as well as automated station responses about Thargoid attack) are unfounded and that closer analysis of those markings has revealed they're NOT Thargoid in origin as some had originally suspected. IF these things were a mistake then it's not too late for FD to own the problems and fold them into the story, adding a nice layer of extra depth which neatly resonates with the confusion and conspiracy that often surrounds real life terrorist attacks.

(*1) - not just here but in other threads, various Discords, various twitch streams this morning, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
As I read more and more conspiracy theories (and confusion) about the Thargoid's involvement (*1) one thing is clear. If FD had no intention of this being anything to do with the Thargoids then they ought to be reactive and address this in a future Galnet article. Either adapt their story to the idea that the terrorists are using caustic weaponry or simply write a short follow-up article stating that early claims that the terrorists have Thargoid connections due to the markings spotted on the outside of the stations (as well as automated station responses about Thargoid attack) are unfounded and that closer analysis of those markings has revealed they're NOT Thargoid in origin as some had originally suspected. IF these things were a mistake then it's not too late for FD to own the problems and fold them into the story, adding a nice layer of extra depth which neatly resonates with the confusion and conspiracy that often surrounds real life terrorist attacks.

(*1) - not just here but in other threads, various Discords, various twitch streams this morning, etc, etc, etc.
I mean, this is exactly what I'd love about a living Galnet. People discuss on various platforms, use that stuff to your advantage.
Build your stories from this.

Even if FD made a mistake here, it's just a matter of some lines to expand upon that error.

Or people could, y'know - just chill and see how it rolls.

That's odd in itself, isn't it? That's basically on the doorstep to Sol/Shin/etc
They've been much closer--A Wolf System (a hop from Sol). At the time it was an Aegis Research System and starport which was attacked. I think that was the closest they ever were to Sol. Wolf 357? Ballsey to do, without their hive ships. I'm no Fed, but had they attacked Sol? They'd be annhilated by the feds in their own home system lol. AXI wouldn't even need to show up.

Nit picking it to death because of one or two posts? That seems a bit overly dramatic.

Having the Thargoid texture isn't ideal but really not a problem.
I mean, it doesn't break the game, but (assuming they don't fix it using lore, text, etc, which they -could- do) it's really poor workmanship to do something like that. They have amazing artists and developers, as thargoids aren't even attacking anything right now, they could have literally just swapped some files and text strings temporarily if they really (for some... utterly absurd reason) didn't have the time to do what should by any reasonable assumption be a fairly small thing to do.

They could have solved this.

Hopefully they will - hopefully it wasn't something they just missed, and thought people would "be ok with"
This is a professional outfit... it's not three guys in a basement.

I mean, it doesn't break the game, but (assuming they don't fix it using lore, text, etc, which they -could- do) it's really poor workmanship to do something like that. They have amazing artists and developers, as thargoids aren't even attacking anything right now, they could have literally just swapped some files and text strings temporarily if they really (for some... utterly absurd reason) didn't have the time to do what should by any reasonable assumption be a fairly small thing to do.

Hopefully they will - hopefully it wasn't something they just missed, and thought people would "be ok with"
No, there are over 200 apparantly. Drinking away from Galnet cups all happy when they once again appear to very not be able to organise a upinabrewery.
I am far from amused, normally i am 🤷‍♂️
but this is on a par with the Gnosis Galnet debacle. 😡😤
o7

yes, sometimes I get the impression that they don't want to design anything new if it isn't for a price ... the support vessels that were later sold as cosmetics still in my memory ... I don't think it was that difficult to change some color spots ... as they do every Friday now, but it is better to say that this is done on purpose and that the terrorists are using weapons similar to those of the thargoids to justify the unprofessionalism and save the work of their dear fdev ... :D
up to that point blind fans are capable of going.
Now it seems that I bought a game where one of its requirements is to have a good imagination to enjoy it to the fullest. 🤦‍♂️
Anyway...

Yep, i 100% believe they definatly meant to release a story on newly returned Galnet then swap it quickly with no explanation for another one.

"...nothing is not deliberate..."

Wait - wha?? Stuff happening (and just when I'm on a trip out of the bubble grrr grrr). Galnet post! Quick - to the discords..., to the forums....! (I literally have just logged on and have no idea what's happening just trying to sound keen :) )

Yep, i 100% believe they definatly meant to release a story on newly returned Galnet then swap it quickly with no explanation for another one.

"...nothing is not deliberate..."
Hopefully it's all part of their plan - they've planned all of these ones out. They said so.

I could see the Galnet reporting thargoid attacks, being blanked and replaced with the terror attack thing - the ship systems showing stations as having been attacked by thargoids could also potentially work, if it turns out the NMLA have gotten hold of thargoid explosives in some way.

So there's a narrative reason for the Corrosive patterns on the Station?
Good.

Maybe things will settle down now.

I am quite reassured by the fact they've got plans until 2022 and that 'there will be something for everyone', so here's hoping for some thargoid and guardian goodness coming soon (tm)

Old game master trick: shut up, lean back and see what the players come up with. Pick your favourite and put a twist on it. Less work, and it keeps them engaged.

:D S

Last edited:
Top Bottom