Taking LTD donations for the Sir Ganksalot bounty part 2

@Sir Ganksalot I'd be up for the training session again at some point mate if you run it still? I am a bit tied up with bgs at the moment, but I'll try to friend you in game and we can look at something for the future if you have time of course - always up for a new challenge!

I am intrigued to see how this challenge goes though, it's entertaining to be a fly on the wall so to speak!!

Big kudos to you dude :)
The Hat :)
Absolutely. I can do it this evening if you're free and not a European with a 10pm bed time.
We could do it this weekend but I might have a lot of players coming after me.

Absolutely. I can do it this evening if you're free and not a European with a 10pm bed time.
We could do it this weekend but I might have a lot of players coming after me.
This evening is a stretch mate, as I'm European lol, but we'll definitely set something up in the near future - sounds like a great deal of fun! I'll send you a friend request buddy, cheers o7

I really must block you and fly around the vicinity, I can just imagine all the salt from the broken instancing I could cause. Oh my, that might upset your 'event'.. Oh, that's right, I don't care.

If people want the right to force me in to PvP I won't want, I'll react and usually in a way that's messy for others. Don't think this is fair? Welcome to the shoe being on the other foot.

😎
I'm not interested in PvP and not participating in the event, but even I can see that OP is creating a fun and useful event and others are enjoying it, so I think responses like this are uncalled for. I'm always saying that PvPers should get organised instead of picking on randoms, and here they are doing exactly that. I hope they all have a good time.

I'm not interested in PvP and not participating in the event, but even I can see that OP is creating a fun and useful event and others are enjoying it, so I think responses like this are uncalled for. I'm always saying that PvPers should get organised instead of picking on randoms, and here they are doing exactly that. I hope they all have a good time.
Thank you for your support Brrokk, I really do appreciate it.

So the first gank Sir Ganksalot challenge was awesome and I was so overwhelmed by the amount of positive support for the whole thing so a huge thank you to everyone.

Based on the overwhelming number of offers I got from people wanting to donate LTD's to increase the bounty, I'm going to start doing this somewhat regularly with the first player donated bounty hunt being this weekend.
I would love to try to get the bounty to 1000 LTD's, if possible, for this weekend so please contact me if you're interested in making a donation and we'll make the arrangements.

Thanks again everyone, you guys are awesome!
You total skank ;)

Go, mine for them.

This is great. Does anyone know if gambling is against frontiers terms of service? In my mind, this idea is only a hop, skip and a jump away from player funded bounty pools to underground organized PvP bloodsport.

We've all seen the bored rich billionaires fight club trope in movies and comics right?

I'd mine my first LTD if I could sponsor a fighter or get in on some side betting action. Did I say this was great? Because, it totally is.
Yeah, it is great. If only intended functions are being used, then I can’t see a problem really. Everything’s on a voluntary basis so nothing’s being abused. Unless like you say, there’s some fine print somewhere in the TOS.

@Arthur Tolmie I hope you're watching this thread. Frontier and you could really earn some major goodwill if you got in and endorsed this. Maybe ponied up some LTDs or be the bag man for the pool.
Yeah, if FDEV started running with this, and events like this, then it’d be cool wouldn’t it! And healthy for the community too.

I really must block you and fly around the vicinity, I can just imagine all the salt from the broken instancing I could cause. Oh my, that might upset your 'event'.. Oh, that's right, I don't care.

If people want the right to force me in to PvP I won't want, I'll react and usually in a way that's messy for others. Don't think this is fair? Welcome to the shoe being on the other foot.

😎
Naw. No sarcasm in there mate.
Just out-of-the-blue unpleasantness.

Let’s all play nice!

So what actually is this? Seems like the first post assumes I know what the sir ganksalot bounty is?
Well if a mod hadn't decided to move it into no man's land, more would've known about it.
It blew up on reddit, which I absolutely didn't expect.

So the first gank Sir Ganksalot challenge was awesome and I was so overwhelmed by the amount of positive support for the whole thing so a huge thank you to everyone.

Based on the overwhelming number of offers I got from people wanting to donate LTD's to increase the bounty, I'm going to start doing this somewhat regularly with the first player donated bounty hunt being this weekend.
I don't PvP but I totally support this and think it's a great idea. Also I must say that every time I've seen you on these forums you've always been a gentleman cmdr; I'm not an old timer or a regular here but I appreciate your decorum and good nature. 🙂 When I get back in the bubble I'll be glad to contribute if you're still doing it.

o7

This is great. Does anyone know if gambling is against frontiers terms of service? In my mind, this idea is only a hop, skip and a jump away from player funded bounty pools to underground organized PvP bloodsport.

We've all seen the bored rich billionaires fight club trope in movies and comics right?

I'd mine my first LTD if I could sponsor a fighter or get in on some side betting action. Did I say this was great? Because, it totally is.
Adding on, with the payment being used in this form, it is NOT against TOS, you're A-O-Good; you're using in-game resources that can only be obtained using in-game methods, ie mining.
If you were using REAL money or Arx, though, that's where the legality shifts into the no-no zone.

I don't PvP but I totally support this and think it's a great idea. Also I must say that every time I've seen you on these forums you've always been a gentleman cmdr; I'm not an old timer or a regular here but I appreciate your decorum and good nature. 🙂 When I get back in the bubble I'll be glad to contribute if you're still doing it.

o7
I also share this sentiment. I am happy to do PVP when I agree to it, but one gank is enough to make me never play in Open until something official is done about it.

Last edited:
Naw. No sarcasm in there mate.
Just out-of-the-blue unpleasantness.

Let’s all play nice!
Just like plasma FDL interdicting some newb in deciat. Out of the blue unpleasantness. Then ofc followed by asking if victim is salty.

Imagine being that toxic.

As for OP: nice idea, actually, i give u that. Althoug carrying 100 ltd in pursued ship would rise difficulty for both sides + more rping, which u gankers claim being ur thing.

Just like plasma FDL interdicting some newb in deciat. Out of the blue unpleasantness. Then ofc followed by asking if victim is salty.

Imagine being that toxic.

As for OP: nice idea, actually, i give u that. Althoug carrying 100 ltd in pursued ship would rise difficulty for both sides + more rping, which u gankers claim being ur thing.
100 LTD's would just go to waste though

😎
I get it, but let them play in peace. PvPers getting together for consensual PvP is the best case scenario for everyone involved. If they are over there having fun, they are not bothering us somewhere else having our fun. Win win.

o7
Wow, thank you so much! I was toxic once, just go look at some of my old comments, but taking a year long break from this game really cleared my head and something just clicked one day that I'm never gonna change minds if I act exactly like everyone expects a ganker to act. Kill them with kindness... and then gank em 😉

Top Bottom