Taking LTD donations for the Sir Ganksalot bounty part 2

So the first gank Sir Ganksalot challenge was awesome and I was so overwhelmed by the amount of positive support for the whole thing so a huge thank you to everyone.

Based on the overwhelming number of offers I got from people wanting to donate LTD's to increase the bounty, I'm going to start doing this somewhat regularly with the first player donated bounty hunt being this weekend.
I would love to try to get the bounty to 1000 LTD's, if possible, for this weekend so please contact me if you're interested in making a donation and we'll make the arrangements.

Thanks again everyone, you guys are awesome!

I really must block you and fly around the vicinity, I can just imagine all the salt from the broken instancing I could cause. Oh my, that might upset your 'event'.. Oh, that's right, I don't care.

If people want the right to force me in to PvP I won't want, I'll react and usually in a way that's messy for others. Don't think this is fair? Welcome to the shoe being on the other foot.

😎

@Sir Ganksalot I'd be up for the training session again at some point mate if you run it still? I am a bit tied up with bgs at the moment, but I'll try to friend you in game and we can look at something for the future if you have time of course - always up for a new challenge!

I am intrigued to see how this challenge goes though, it's entertaining to be a fly on the wall so to speak!!

Big kudos to you dude :)
The Hat :)

This is great. Does anyone know if gambling is against frontiers terms of service? In my mind, this idea is only a hop, skip and a jump away from player funded bounty pools to underground organized PvP bloodsport.

We've all seen the bored rich billionaires fight club trope in movies and comics right?

I'd mine my first LTD if I could sponsor a fighter or get in on some side betting action. Did I say this was great? Because, it totally is.

I really must block you and fly around the vicinity, I can just imagine all the salt from the broken instancing I could cause. Oh my, that might upset your 'event'.. Oh, that's right, I don't care.

If people want the right to force me in to PvP I won't want, I'll react and usually in a way that's messy for others. Don't think this is fair? Welcome to the shoe being on the other foot.

😎
So if you block someone they no longer appear even if you're in Open?

Like the betting thing.. I'll let odds dictate my bet.

So odds? Anyone wanna take a stab lol
The bet being ganks versus another cmdr 1 to 1 mano et mano.
Ganks u gotta video these encounters.. mebbe keep the result secret till bets are in and show video live or recorded.
No bet rigging??

😎
Imagine being this toxic

So if you block someone they no longer appear even if you're in Open?
That's kind of the idea. Kind of.
Blocking someone gives a more or less strong hint to the matchmaking server to prevent you from ending up in the same instance as the person you blocked. There are other conditions that can override that hint, and other conditions that would have reduced the likelihood of instancing together in any case.

For the latter case - like those mysterious circumstances that prevented me from seeing a single CMDR this evening in Anyanwu, despite at least one friended CMDR being in system.

Was someone able to claim the first one?
Yes. It was kind of cheap and unfair though. I asked the player for a 1v1 and then he informed me he was collecting the bounty just before I died. But I still honored it and awarded him the diamonds since I never specified any such rule against it. In the next one I'm going to include 1v1's that I initiate into the disqualification list as well as the people in my own squadron.

That's kind of the idea. Kind of.
Blocking someone gives a more or less strong hint to the matchmaking server to prevent you from ending up in the same instance as the person you blocked. There are other conditions that can override that hint, and other conditions that would have reduced the likelihood of instancing together in any case.

For the latter case - like those mysterious circumstances that prevented me from seeing a single CMDR this evening in Anyanwu, despite at least one friended CMDR being in system.
I see.

My carrier is in anyanwu system cos I was partaking in said scrap as per orders. And broke me stick.
Buy my stuff!!!
Torgnys revenge.
There's alot of carriers there atm

Top Bottom