Suits and NightVision.

That would make the noise suppressor pretty useless then...
It is actually very funny. You kill NPC in the oposite side of the room while next to another NPC that do not see you. Then the live NPC is heading to the death victim instead to the source of the shot. This gives you opportunity to retreat or do next easy kill.

Noise suppressor is very good but applicable only for one shot kill weapons. Same is for audio masking. If you do not kill the target you become immediately red on its detection field and the NPC start approaching your position. If the NPC sees you it will open fire, thus attracting all other NPCs that will come to check what's going on. This is in case where no alarms are triggered. When the alarm sounds even if one NPC sees you the entire settlement will come to you or your last known position.

My point is that Ships and SRV have NV in stock versions, no need for engineering, why not Suits ?
For balancing. The engagement on foot are relatively close. Giving NV to everyone will nullify the stealth factor as it does with ships. Even if you are cold as ice and use black paint job a NV use will reveal your ship location. In ships it is not as big issue as ranges and speeds are a lot different and ships are subject to active targeting. But on foot in close ranges this matters.

My point is that Ships and SRV have NV in stock versions, no need for engineering, why not Suits ?
It's a necessity for ships to navigate, a basic need. It's less necessary for the SRV because its headlights do enough for basic navigation but getting stuck in the SRV is a real problem and so you need NV to see ahead in low light levels.

On foot, NV is not necessary for anything; navigating a settlement in pitch back is perfectly safe and trivial just using the flashlight. It's very powerful in combat, however. Not so for the SRV or ship, where every single engagement can be controlled by cycling targets and using the HUD.

Making it a combat upgrade for suits is sensible.

Most of you have doubtfully been around long enough to know how Fdev works, if this is the Devs them selfs or some suit making the decision for this we dont know yet.

But you all Cannot Seriously; be that naive to think that Not have something as Minuscule and Simple as Night Vision built into the suit as a bad idea.

You have a total of what 4 to 5 slots for actual engineered Mods your going to waste one on Night Vision! The fact of the matter is it has nothing to do about being a white night, whining or crying about it. Its about Logic plain and simple. We have Night Vision in our Ships and In our SRVs it Helps us See where the normal white light torch doesn't help. Which lets face it is everywhere. The in game year is 3300+ and we cant have something cool like a decent enough light to see? Comon guys give me a break I shouldn't have to spell this out for you all. In the real world we have Flash Lights that use Double A (AA) batteries that have 10,000Lumens+ I have one for work. Guess what I can see for literally 2miles with it!

"Consistency" folks. Its that Simple.

For those of you that are having trouble seeing in this Games horrible Lighting scheme you might try;

1623504935116.png

Most of you have doubtfully been around long enough to know how Fdev works, if this is the Devs them selfs or some suit making the decision for this we dont know yet.

But you all Cannot Seriously; be that naive to think that Not have something as Minuscule and Simple as Night Vision built into the suit as a bad idea.

You have a total of what 4 to 5 slots for actual engineered Mods your going to waste one on Night Vision! The fact of the matter is it has nothing to do about being a white night, whining or crying about it. Its about Logic plain and simple. We have Night Vision in our Ships and In our SRVs it Helps us See where the normal white light torch doesn't help. Which lets face it is everywhere. The in game year is 3300+ and we cant have something cool like a decent enough light to see? Comon guys give me a break I shouldn't have to spell this out for you all. In the real world we have Flash Lights that use Double A (AA) batteries that have 10,000Lumens+ I have one for work. Guess what I can see for literally 2miles with it!

"Consistency" folks. Its that Simple.

For those of you that are having trouble seeing in this Games horrible Lighting scheme you might try;

View attachment 239490
Can't be serious, spell it out, white night (sic), whining, crying.

What a compelling post! I am almost convinced, I think you only need to add two more generic phrases. Maybe three.

Yah, in the 34th century, all 21st century technology is lost and only can be reproduced by an eccentric engineer who requires an odd collection of memorandums and reports in order to work. I've heard that engineers can even handle high tech artifacts like water bottles, bobble heads, and bronze hand-axes.

I can only imagine that the rarity of Night Vision is a clever way to reduce lag? After all, there's no video lag in pitch black playfields after all. Well done.

Yah, in the 34th century, all 21st century technology is lost and only can be reproduced by an eccentric engineer who requires an odd collection of memorandums and reports in order to work. I've heard that engineers can even handle high tech artifacts like water bottles, bobble heads, and bronze hand-axes.

I can only imagine that the rarity of Night Vision is a clever way to reduce lag? After all, there's no video lag in pitch black playfields after all. Well done.

Yet I still only get 16 fps... :unsure:

😆

I do not think it is the sound of the shot that alerts NPCs but rather the agony of the victim.
Quick follow-up on this after I installed the (indoors) noise suppressor on the Tormentor and went rampaging in a few settlements: the NPC death scream doesn't seem to raise alert at all. The only thing that attracts passer-bys is if you don't one-shot someone and they shoot with their own weapon. It makes beelining the alarm button in the command centre ridiculously easy.

Top Bottom