Suits and NightVision.

Because "white knighting" defies the idea of discussion by simply discarding any justified criticism.
If we had only "white knights" in this forum it would not be discussion but "praise anything we got served on the table".

But the assumption that opposing opinions are automatically White Knights precludes constructive conversation.

Comments like "White Knights incoming." implies that their mind is already made up on the subject and they're going to disregard anything that they disagree with.

The art of good discourse is to always be open to the fact that you may be wrong.

I have an idea, night vision should be placed in stock version of Suit and that engineering slot replaced with Thermal Vision.

Why? The system works. It doesn't make much sense, but neither does engineering in Horizons, but it does work. I can sneak around without night vision perfectly well, although it will be much easier with it.

But the assumption that opposing opinions are automatically White Knights precludes constructive conversation.

Comments like "White Knights incoming." implies that their mind is already made up on the subject and they're going to disregard anything that they disagree with.

The art of good discourse is to always be open to the fact that you may be wrong.
As I said having a reasonable arguments is one thing, discarding criticism just to defend initial idea is other thing. I certainly prefer open discussion than having white knights vs haters fight.

On the topic of NV, I do think that it is better to have it as separate mod as it gives advantage and you need to choose what other advantage you will gonna drop in its favour.

Last edited:
This is incorect.
Audio masking is outdoor regardless of atmosphere.
Noise suppressor is for pressurized indoor spaces. It do not help in light atmosphere.

And for NV, it is very useful but just in few scenarios (unless Frontier makes NPCs see flashlight). Players see flashlight, so if PvP in the dark is your thing NV is a must have.

I have it only on my Maverick as it is the suit with best tools. Having also resistance added and shield regen makes it as tanky as dominator. I am just missing quite steps to finish that build. It will go with two fully silenced weapons - Executioner and Tormentor.

So if you played with these, I have a question.

When murdering someone indoors (pressurised), the sound apparently carries outside and attracts nearby guards who come and check. What kind of audio suppression would change things here? Does the indoor one means that there's no indoor sound that propagates outside? Or is it about the outdoors suppressor because the NPC being alerted is outside?

As I said the having a reasonable arguments is one thing, discarding criticism just to defend initial idea is other thing. I certainly prefer open discussion than having white knights vs haters fight.

On the topic of NV, I do think that it is better to have it as separate mod as it gives advantage and you need to choose what other advantage you will gonna drop in its favour.
My point is that Ships and SRV have NV in stock versions, no need for engineering, why not Suits ?

Koma Pahu said: I can sneak around without night vision perfectly well, although it will be much easier with it.
that says it all, I dont think many people will even waste a engineering slot to have Night Vision because I agree with Koma Phau that you dont really need NV to sneak around anyways, so why not have it as stock to begin with and make something better and more advanced for engineering like Thermal Vision (like I mentioned in my post above). Im sure Fdev could make that happened.

So if you played with these, I have a question.

When murdering someone indoors (pressurised), the sound apparently carries outside and attracts nearby guards who come and check. What kind of audio suppression would change things here? Does the indoor one means that there's no indoor sound that propagates outside? Or is it about the outdoors suppressor because the NPC being alerted is outside?
I do not think it is the sound of the shot that alerts NPCs but rather the agony of the victim.

My point is that Ships and SRV have NV in stock versions, no need for engineering, why not Suits ?

that says it all, I dont think many people will even waste a engineering slot to have Night Vision because I agree with Koma Phau that you dont really need NV to sneak around anyways, so why not have it as stock to begin with and make something better and more advanced for engineering like Thermal Vision (like I mentioned in my post above)

Because Night Vision is an upgrade over a flashlight, and does provide a tactical advantage.

Because Night Vision is an upgrade over a flashlight, and does provide a tactical advantage.
This is never going to end between two of us, once again Ships and SRV have lights and night vision in stock version. I really think they just didn't have good ideas to what engineer for Suits so they just cut down night vision to engineering, maybe we should have to engineer Flashlight too, materials required: Aluminum tubing, AA batters, light bulb LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
This is going never between two of us, once again Ships and SRV have lights and night vision in stock version. I really think they just didn't have good ideas to what engineer for Suits so they just cut down night vision to engineering, maybe we should have engineer Flashlight too, materials required: Aluminum tubing, AA batters, light bulb LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The whole engineering process is a bit silly, but I don’t disagree with it taking a slot - Soldiers make compromises on what kit they take all the time - I’m not so sure about slots being fixed. Personally I’d like to be able to choose what, missions tailored, kit I take as I disembark the ship. But this is the system we have. 🤷‍♂️

This is going never between two of us, once again Ships and SRV have lights and night vision in stock version. I really think they just didn't have good ideas to what engineer for Suits so they just cut down night vision to engineering, maybe we should have to engineer Flashlight too, materials required: Aluminum tubing, AA batters, light bulb LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I mean, this is the game's funky universe. This is a galaxy where only 2-3 people are capable of fitting an illegal exhaust mod on your spaceship.

Depends on playstyle....my progression is currently get G2 maverick (with NV) to G3 then add more inventory mod, get my G3 Dominator Suit NV & inventory mods..........then again I don't do much pewpew (though I'm doing more). so I'm less concerned about the pewpew mods.

However there's a lot of stuff to get the early upgrades....not sure how far I'll get before just knocking it on the head & go off Exploring again.

Top Bottom