Suits and NightVision.

Admittedly, I haven't unlocked any of the suit engineers, know how to unlock them, or have dabbled much in bipedal leg-based content. Besides the odd walk through the concourse in search of G3 suits.
You may like it. Most of the unlocks are missions (non combat). Oden can be unlocked exclusively by mission rewards. It's not too onorous and I enjoyed all of it. Best path to an end engineer by a long distance.

I've been lucky, I had nv from a premium dominator G2 I got in the first week but I've been desperate to get it for my mav too. If not for the >1 week where Hero Ferrari's unlock task was written incorrectly, I'd have gotten to oden over a week ago.

Not too shabby.

Just upgraded tonight. And now I never need to get it again. 2 weeks play. Just not an issue.

They ran out of mods to add to engineering, so they added what they could think of. You got to admire the mental gymnastic.
-2 different silencers. One for atmo, the other without. You need both for both body type (it's not either one will work). Also to explain why there is sound in vacuum and a silencer is needed. Suits are omniscient unless you tell them not to snitch.
-Night vision, which comes with vehicle without engineering. NPC have aimbot and wallhack, they are not bothered by the dark.
-Range mod. Useless, since it doesn't increase plasma projectile speed, the only part where it would have been interesting. Unless you like sniping with a SMG and its terrible DPS/spread.
-Melee damage, your firsts now do 150% more damage, so you can channel your inner Rocky Balboa. Or don't, because 150% of nothing is not very much. Also more damage on the melee "butt bash", but it's pitiful damage to begin with.
-Enhanced tracking, so you can scan people from further away ? I don't even know.
-Jump height. Jetpack are for fools, real men and women just jump. Is there a way to jump without jetpack turning on automatically ?
-Backpack slot. Essential, once you have enough mat to craft it, you don't need it anymore.

I mean you need an engineer to attach a Kinematic brand optic onto a kinematic brand weapon; how ridiculous is that? (Sorry FDev it really is) Some things really shouldn't be mods. Night Vision should be a purchasable upgrade that does not cost more than a sidewinder. Adding a unique function to NVG like EMF vision to pick out personnel easier, or even see a fuzzy silhouette behind a wall you're up against would merit the Surveillance Equpment and Radioactivity data you need to turn in.

They ran out of mods to add to engineering, so they added what they could think of. You got to admire the mental gymnastic.
-2 different silencers. One for atmo, the other without. You need both for both body type (it's not either one will work). Also to explain why there is sound in vacuum and a silencer is needed. Suits are omniscient unless you tell them not to snitch.
-Night vision, which comes with vehicle without engineering. NPC have aimbot and wallhack, they are not bothered by the dark.
-Range mod. Useless, since it doesn't increase plasma projectile speed, the only part where it would have been interesting. Unless you like sniping with a SMG and its terrible DPS/spread.
-Melee damage, your firsts now do 150% more damage, so you can channel your inner Rocky Balboa. Or don't, because 150% of nothing is not very much. Also more damage on the melee "butt bash", but it's pitiful damage to begin with.
-Enhanced tracking, so you can scan people from further away ? I don't even know.
-Jump height. Jetpack are for fools, real men and women just jump. Is there a way to jump without jetpack turning on automatically ?
-Backpack slot. Essential, once you have enough mat to craft it, you don't need it anymore.

Thanks for breakdown. Yeah a silencer should be pretty natural on a non-atmospheric planet. That whole list pretty much shows the amount of thought and effort that went into this. Someone probably thought it out the morning of the due date, much like that roadmap.

Wish we could grind and engineer a version of EDO that does not suck and runs well.

BTW, if people think I'm exagerating for the bots have aimbot and wallhack, I'm not.
Due to a bug, I had a CZ where NPC where rooted in place, and couldn't move. They could shoot however. I took this opportunity to test various stuff.

-They see where you are at all time. Even behind an entire building, they would target me and throw nades. (they spawned on the edge of the map, there was nobody else than me)
-they aim with a 100% accuracy. To prevent being killed instantly, they have atrocious spread on non sniper weapon. The AR dude was shooting all around me a few meters away.
-they target the closest enemy. Will do 360° no scope if needed. Context doesn't matter, even engaged against several enemies.
-they know your shield/health at all time. Will throw the appropriate grenades if there is an obstacle in their line of fire. A simple CZ "flag" pole is enough to trigger it. They have infinite grenades, but a cooldown on it to prevent spam. Only one can fire a grenade, again to prevent spam
-they can see in the dark, with seemingly no penalty

While it's not the topic, I thought it was good to share.

That's why we need NV by default. The bots literally cheats. They have their own rules.

I thought the idea of Engineers was to modify your components to make them unique? Look at any of the ship mods and that's what they are doing, they don't add functionality (like night vision itself). In my mind the engineers should be tweaking the night vision rather than adding it, for example mods for longer range, better contrast etc.

we should be engineering everything!
flash light, suits, weapons, ammo, fuel, tires and on and on
oh yeah we could even build our ships from scrap micro thrusters, grenades and cat data
imagine the grind ...
It's spelt "g a m e p l a y"

Why do you need to engineer a night vision ??? You guys run out of ideas for suit engineering slots ? Ship have night vision in stock models, SRV have night vision in stock model lol (there are only stock models) why not Suits ???
Because grind, its allways grind. ;)

Random question because I don't grind and can't upgrade anything yet. Is it possible to switch that stuff between weapons / suits or does the modification always stay with it?

Night vision, which comes with vehicle without engineering. NPC have aimbot and wallhack, they are not bothered by the dark.
Nope, they don't. They see your shield on :D
If you don't use shield, they can't target you. Snipped countless times hiding in dark. They just walk right in front of me and don't see. And yes, NV is cool, bought suit with. Gona upgrade this one.

Nope, they don't. They see your shield on :D
If you don't use shield, they can't target you. Snipped countless times hiding in dark. They just walk right in front of me and don't see. And yes, NV is cool, bought suit with. Gona upgrade this one.
Ok you win, I didn't test that one.

It's funny.

Top Bottom