Suits and NightVision.

I don't need to ;)

1623441192526.png

To be a little more serious; you can buy night vision gear, right this very second, from a myriad of vendors. ...in 2021. The idea that I need to grind to get them in a game that takes place 1000+ years in the future as some sort of "gameplay" is, IMO, ridiculous.

Have you tried wearing some while you look at the screen? No good for VR, but no-one cares about them. ;)

To be a little more serious; you can buy night vision gear, right this very second, from a myriad of vendors. ...in 2021. The idea that I need to grind to get them in a game that takes place 1000+ years in the future as some sort of "gameplay" is, IMO, ridiculous.

It's really a tad absurd. Also having to steal things like epoxy etc.
Heck, the PDAs and memory stick are so commonly lying around where did the NPCs buy them in the first place?

I believe that in general, a QoL feature shouldn't have to be unlocked/grinded. It's one thing to have engineering for damage increases or enhancing a particular item's effects. But this is like having to unlock something as basic as lights or the air you breathe in your suit.

I believe that in general, a QoL feature shouldn't have to be unlocked/grinded. It's one thing to have engineering for damage increases or enhancing a particular item's effects. But this is like having to unlock something as basic as lights or the air you breathe in your suit.
In ships and in SRVs, most of the time you're right... it's QoL. But in EDO, it's a big combat advantage. It makes sense that it's an upgrade.

It's actually not essential unless you're after combat, either. The flashlight is more than enough for all other uses, which is not the case with ships, definitely.

Oden is also the easiest of the three final engineers to unlock. I think it's fine and definitely not worth getting concerned over; definitely not given other issues with the game.

Well, the difference is stealth. Darkness is your friend but also a hindrance. Night vision makes it so much easier because you get better vision and don't have the problem of shining a light showing everybody where you are. So it's not simply QOL. You already have a flashlight to see. Night vision gives you the advantage of being able to sneak better.

In ships and in SRVs, most of the time you're right... it's QoL. But in EDO, it's a big combat advantage. It makes sense that it's an upgrade.

It's actually not essential unless you're after combat, either. The flashlight is more than enough for all other uses, which is not the case with ships, definitely.

Oden is also the easiest of the three final engineers to unlock. I think it's fine and definitely not worth getting concerned over; definitely not given other issues with the game.
Admittedly, I haven't unlocked any of the suit engineers, know how to unlock them, or have dabbled much in bipedal leg-based content. Besides the odd walk through the concourse in search of G3 suits.

Well, the difference is stealth. Darkness is your friend but also a hindrance. Night vision makes it so much easier because you get better vision and don't have the problem of shining a light showing everybody where you are. So it's not simply QOL. You already have a flashlight to see. Night vision gives you the advantage of being able to sneak better.
Clearly I don't FPS. Carry on folks lol.

Top Bottom