encompassing all.

Karla Jannyx, Traveler's Songs Amber Interstellar Press, 3309

© 2020 K.G. Nyman Used with permission.

Just on the border of your waking mind,
There lies another time
Where darkness and light are one,
And as you tread the halls of sanity
You feel so glad to be unable to go beyond
I have a message from another time. ~ELO (Time, Prologue)
(had to split the Pic in two, to fit post picture requirements)
PicsArt_07-05-02.53.27~01.png

PicsArt_07-05-02.53.27~02.png

Top out man! 😁
Awesome shot - wonderfully simple and dramatic, really well done!
Really appreciate it, and here is a story behind this pic.
I actually took this frame at the very point of a conical shaped mountain somewhere in the Formidine Rift. This one was the highest mountain among many in the area, from the ground climbing to the peak looked like walk in the park, but after reaching 1/4 of distance I realized this is going to be quite an effort and mountain is waaay more massive than I thought. I found a ridge which allowed me for steady 40-55 degree attack angle, but I also had a few slips along the way and 0.65g dragged me down a few times. Final push towards the pointy peak was a quite challenge, too steep for the tires to get a solid grip while use of thrusters could cost me a long downfall. By slowly moving back and forth I managed to reach the summit, but the Scarab got stuck! The only way was to jump off the peak by using thrusters. I dangerously bounced off the ground and my srv was in the air falling down along the dark side of the mountain and that side was heavily jagged and with many sharp areas. I tired to glide away from the pointy edges to avoid collisions and gaining an uncontrollable rotation. Past the jaggies there was this concaved shelf that would allow me for slam-landing and preventing me from bouncing off. I used three full thrusters charges to reduce falling and I knew that impact is going to be heavy and possible on the verge of destruction. And yeah, ended up with 11% of hull. I could take repairs and continue with descent but going down that way would be like - spinning, bounding off, crashes, completely out of style. I recalled my Diamondback and hell! Autopilot landed like a PRO mountain evac on a tight terrace, no other medium or large ship would do that trick. On the way back I took measurements of this peak and meter showed ~4 kilometers of height. It shared some similarity with Mount Matterhorn in Alps when comes to it's shape and height :)

Other angle, with the sun

Mountain evac

Return flight over the top

Last edited:
Really appreciate it, and here is a story behind this pic.
I actually took this frame at the very point of a conical shaped mountain somewhere in the Formidine Rift. This one was the highest mountain among many in the area, from the ground climbing there looked like walk in the park, but after 1/4 of climbing I realized this is going to be quite an effort and mountain is waaay more massive than I expected. I found a ridge which allowed me for steady 40-55 degree attack angle, but I also had a few slips along the way and 0.65g dragged me down a few times. Final push towards the pointy peak was a quite challenge, too steep for the tires to get a solid grip while use of thrusters could cost me a long downfall. By slowly moving back and forth I managed to reach the summit, but the Scarab got stuck! The only way was to jump off the peak by using thrusters. I dangerously bounced off the ground and my srv was in the air falling down along the dark side of the mountain and this side was havily jagged with many sharp areas. I tired to glide away form the pointy edges to avoid collisions and gaining an uncontrollable rotation. Past the jaggies there was this concaved shelf that would allow me for slam-landing and preventing me from bouncing off. I used three full thrusters charges to reduce falling and I knew that impact will be heavy and possible on the verge of destruction. And yeah, ended up with 11% of hull. I could take repairs but going down that way would be like that - spinning, bounding off, crashes, completely out of style. I recalled my Diamondback and hell! Autopilot landed like a PRO mountain evac on a tight terrace, no other medium or large ship would do that trick. On the way back I took measurements of this peak and meter showed ~4 kilometers of height. It shared some similarity with Mount Matterhorn in Alps when comes to it's shape and height :)

Other angle, with the sun

Mountain evac

Return flight over the top
That's awesome!
I had my own mountain climbing challenge which garnered some lovely shots - my last little fun adventure whilst returning to the Bubble after an exploration journey to the Rim. :)
Here - for your enjoyment:
Cheers!

Top Bottom