In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

Editable text would add another level of complexity to the save/load settings process - not impossible just not high on the list at this time.

I'd be more than happy to embed custom text for buttons - up to 3 lines, up to 9 characters each - I've allowed for 4,095 possible defined buttons after all.... :)

Patience is my second name :)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.3 released.

Change log:

1) Changes to simplify adding fonts, two fonts added: Rajdhani and F16_Panel.
2) New "tiny" optional window added - displays destination information only on two lines, up to 4 elements, bearing (mandatory) and range, time remaining and destination lat./long. (optional).
3) Overlay font can now be changed.

To do list:

1) Add more buttons.
2) Work towards implementing an informational display using information contained in the player journal.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.4 released.

Change log:

1) "Strait" font added.
2) Tiny window now hides itself if the GUI focus is anything other than the "normal" forward view.
3) Window drawing is now buffered to reduce flickering.

To do list:

As Beta 0.0.1.3.

Hi,

the 19" monitor just arrived today, here is the first version:

NTo0Vzc.jpg

Well, what can I say... I'm very happy with this :) !

Thank you, Robert!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
:)

I haven't done any improvements on my rig since last summer. Now I have new ideas, plans, I feel alive! That is something!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.5 released.

Change log:

1) Tiny window now offers the option to display CoG and SoG (course over ground and speed over ground) whether or not a destination has been set, otherwise it hides itself (even if set to display) if no destination is set.
2) Window drawing and status.json polling for new data are now 4Hz and 10Hz respectively. Base internal timer runs at 20Hz.

To do list:

As Beta 0.0.1.3.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.6 released.

Change log:

1) Reworked display of units - from extremely large to extremely small - all with four significant digits.
2) Fixed a bug when starting from scratch, i.e. no .ini file available where no overlay elements would display - now they are all on by default (and all other windows are hidden).

To do list:

As Beta 0.0.1.3.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.7 released.

Change log:

1) Fixed bug in display of current FireGroup.
2) Reworked overlay window slightly and fixed transparency problem.
3) Large number of button bindable controls now available - don't yet use status.json data to modify display though.

To do list:

1) Make newly added defined buttons react to relevant status.json input.
2) Work towards implementing an informational display using information contained in the player journal.

Hi,

man, lots of buttons :) ! And even more coming, custom buttons are planned... what do you think about having different modes, I mean, being able to select different "layers" of button layouts on each display, like it is working on the real-life F16 MFDs?

Something like this:

• MFD0-basic
    • MFD0-combat,
    • MFD0-navigation,
    • MFD0-galaxy map,
    • etc.

• MFD1-basic
    • MFD1-SLF,
    • MFD1-SRV,
    • MFD1-camera,
    • etc.

Just an idea, to the last position on the wish-list...

Crazy idea, as I think about it more in details, because this would need a profile in T.A.R.G.E.T., to be able to use different layers of buttons (as I remember, it can do it). If you think, this would make sense, I'm sure, there are commanders on this forum with expert level knowledge of T.A.R.G.E.T., maybe they would help. If not, I can offer my enthusiasm and (currently) low level knowledge to create a basic combined StatusDisplay-T.A.R.G.E.T. profile. Or, at least I'd be happy to try :) .

Today it is Monday, on Monday mornings I usually have crazy ideas :) .

Best regards!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Yes, custom buttons are planned.... :)

I've already allowed for multiple "pages" of button settings per MFD - and plan, in time, to have one for each vessel type, i.e. ship, SLF & SRV - as there are control binds specific to each and status.json publishes which vessel type the CMDR is in at any given time.

I need to get more information gathered regarding bindings which only become active when in a particular vessel or display screen (i.e. galaxy map, system map, free-camera, etc.).

okay, I stop tought-reading :) !

This song always inspires and motivates me:

[video=youtube;8Pa9x9fZBtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY[/video]

Best regards!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
.... and, having begun my investigation into the bindings file (again) regarding different control sets, it occurs to me that I could read the MFD button assignments directly from the binds file rather than the user having to change the settings manually (for the 20 peripheral buttons).

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.8 released.

Change log:

1) Added optional secondary button control sets for use when in the SRV.

To do list:

3) Add option to read MFD control settings directly from bindings file.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.1.9 released.

Change log:

1) Current MFD game bindings can now be copied at will from Custom.3.0.binds for each MFD separately.

To do list:

Will this overlay be available for use with tablets the in the future? I would love to add this to my sim-pit setup instead of purchasing the Thrustmaster Cougar Controllers for MFD functions. Plus it would fit the futuristic theme with the touch screens. There are a few other panel apps on the forums but I like yours the best so far.

I love the look! I'll be trying this out over the weekend!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Sorry for the late reply.

I don't have plans to port this to a touchscreen version for tablets, sorry.

Beta 0.0.2.0 released:

Change log:

1) Bug fix to time remaining to destination calculation;
2) Optional DEST / POSN display in MFD centre is now two elements and occupies four rows of centre buttons rather than five.
3) Some of the bindings read from the binds file now "react" according to information in status.json.

To do list:

1) Make more of the newly added defined buttons react to relevant status.json input.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.2.1 released.

Change log:

1) Correction of time to GMT now in place.
2) Reworked the method of controlling refresh rate.
3) Added refresh rate selection options: 50Hz, 40Hz, 25Hz, 20Hz and 10Hz.
4) Tweaked POSN / DEST MFD displays.
5) Introduced a "pulsed" intensity change for some defined buttons (when active).

To do list: as 0.0.2.0.

Hi,

there are lot more folders and files now in the .7z file. Should I just overwrite my old StatusDisplay.exe or should I extract all the files/folders?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom