In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Many thanks! :D

If you have any ideas for panels / buttons or spot anything that could do with some tweaking, please let me know.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.6.6 released. Download link:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418163944109375500/608732884370456576/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.6.6_20190807-1944.7z

Change log:
1) Modified body view.
2) Added "Galactic Track" showing track between systems.
3) Added "Combo Panels" - user defined 6x6 grids of existing panels that can be used in both grid displays and the centre of MFD displays.
4) Modified grid display handling - should reduce CPU load from grid displays.
5) StatusDisplay now saves a settings file on first run and displays a "help" message box (accessed later using LEFTALT-H").

Known issues:
1) Border of Grid0 cannot be toggled by double-left-clicking the window therefore Grid0 size must be set using the grid settings dialog or by left-clicking the mouse near the edges / corners (within 12 pixels of the edge).

To do list:
1) Add inter-system route handling.
2) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
3) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
4) Improve defined button display based on status.json information.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.6.7 released. Download link:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418163944109375500/610035478464561209/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.6.7_20190811-1000.7z

Change log:
1) Added two more views to Galactic Track display; "top, X/Y" and "side, X/Y" (in addition to default "front, Y/Z").
2) Bug-fix regarding first run (i.e. when no .INI file is present).

Known issues:
1) Border of Grid0 cannot be toggled by double-left-clicking the window therefore Grid0 size must be set using the grid settings dialog or by left-clicking the mouse near the edges / corners (within 12 pixels of the edge).

To do list:
2) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
4) Improve defined button display based on Status.json information.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.6.8 released. Download link:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418163944109375500/612225183213813809/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.6.8_20190817-1102.7z

Change log:
1) Either ALT key can now be used in StatusDisplay.
2) Fixed the effect of CTRL when moving / resizing windows - now cuts relative movement by 75% (was 25%). Can be used in conjunction with SHIFT which cuts relative movement by 50% - when CTRL-SHIFT is used relative movement is cut to 12.5%.
3) Code optimisation in positional tracking and displays.
4) Bug-fix to info display - number of jumps was off by one.
5) Window borders no longer toggle. Left-mouse double-click now locks / unlocks window (stops / enables resizing / moving / offsetting).

To do list:

hello there,
first of all... congratulations for this great little program... this is what i was really looking for....great job and keep it up the good work.

i have a little question/suggestion:
would be good having a new small menu toggle where we can click/touch (with touchscreens) and switch between the varous grids
as example, if i want to switch from grid 0 to grid 1 i am able to do that with a click and look for example at more detailed informations i need....having all in just one interface is very messy..especially if you can use just one screen or touchscreen connected to the pc.

sorry for my bad english,hope you understand

cheers

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
hello there,
first of all... congratulations for this great little program... this is what i was really looking for....great job and keep it up the good work.
Many thanks. :)
i have a little question/suggestion:
would be good having a new small menu toggle where we can click/touch (with touchscreens) and switch between the varous grids
as example, if i want to switch from grid 0 to grid 1 i am able to do that with a click and look for example at more detailed informations i need....having all in just one interface is very messy..especially if you can use just one screen or touchscreen connected to the pc.
If I am understanding correctly, the proposal would be to be able to activate a specific area of a grid to display an options overlay that would permit the user to select between two or more grids to display in the current window.

Some questions (following a bit of thinking):
Does the touch screen currently permit you to move a window?
Would being able to select between a number of combo panels (6x6 grids) be an acceptable approach?

If so then I may have an idea how to approach this.
sorry for my bad english,hope you understand

cheers
Message received and understood! :D

Hey,
I have an old heavy duty serial touchscreen, and atm Is not connected..but i am pretty confident that an 6x6 approach Is a more than good approach...if i understood correctly you ask me if i can move Windows with my touch and yes,i can...
Anyway, if you Need some test for your app i can connect the monitor and make some test if interested.

Last thing
Do elite allows you to extract target info?

Would be Great having another Windows with target shields armor etc...

Thank you for the Kind reply

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Anyway, if you Need some test for your app i can connect the monitor and make some test if interested.
I'll let you know when it's ready for testing.
Last thing
Do elite allows you to extract target info?

Would be Great having another Windows with target shields armor etc...
From the journal manual it seems that the ShipTargetted event will give shield / hull information for the target - however this would be read once and is unlikely to be updated once read.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Thinking about it, how about a permanently visible set of "tabs" along one edge (which edge to be chosen by the user), something like this?

(Highlit box would be current option; less bright box is due to the mouse being over that box, visual feedback of which option would be selected.

That't what i was thinking about...would it be possibile naming tabs with customized names? (As example navigation. comms,logs, main etc?)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Good stuff. It should be possible - I could recycle the Combo Panel structure and the different tab names could be put in the "panel" name, separated by commas, e.g. 'Nav,Comms,Logs,Main' (without the ' marks).

Would you prefer permanently visible (reducing space) or only visible when the window is activated (i.e. by a mouse click / touch in the window)?

As you prefere... I think a sort of main menù Always visibile would be more functional...at least Is what happens in modern jet glass cockpit

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
As you prefere... I think a sort of main menù Always visibile would be more functional...at least Is what happens in modern jet glass cockpit
Done.

Any ideas for more panels (based on information published in the journal or Status.json) are always welcome too.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
As part of the development process, StatusDisplay now looks out for where the mouse pointer is in relation to any of its drawn elements, be they buttons or panels. The current dev version increases background intensity slightly when the mouse is over the rectangle in question. Also, if the mouse pointer is over a window at all then the minimum refresh rate will increase to 8 FPS (or remain at a higher refresh rate if the window is already set to refresh faster than that) for the duration of the mouseover.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.6.9 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418163944109375500/629039722668490765/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.6.9_20191002-2038.7z

Changelog:
1) Reworked INI file format for window core setting (I had "run out of space when adding 2) ) - now has a 344 spare bits for future development. Previous INI file format will remain compatible (for now). Upgrade of INI file will occur on first save settings after upgrade to Beta 0.0.6.9.
2) Added "brightness" setting for each window; increases minimum luminosity of colours generated for each window linearly towards maximum;
3) Luminosity now limited to 100% (rather than 200% previously) due to implementation of "brightness", in 1% steps rather than the previous 5% steps.
4) Bug in base64 implementation found and fixed.
5) base64 implementation now reads both RFC2152 and RFC4648.S5 compliant base64 and writes only RFC4648.S5 compliant base64.
6) Panel settings INI format used pre Beta 0.0.4.6 has been removed.
7) Colour intensity now able to be set to zero, i.e. pure greyscale.
8) Easter Egg added.
9) Bugfix to transparent Grid background.
10) Bugfix to GUIHide and NoDest flag effects on windows.
11) "Multi-Panels" implemented.

To do list:
5) Add binding file selection option for populating MFD outer buttons.

Top Bottom