State of the Game

On the subject of graphics cards, running an overclocked I7 and a 2070 and Oddy still unplayable in VR which is sad - though I'm sure will get fixed. When I got the 2070 I nearly held out for the 30 series coming, and I'm soooo glad I didn't! Price s have just gone demented - assuming you can find stock...

If you ever let yourself talk into drinking it by some Pollish/Russian/whatever barbaric country guy :
just remember to take some air into your lungs BEFORE drinking and breathe OUT some after swallowing.
Let the leftovers on throat evaporate, then breath out more.
That's why you hold your nose when you tip it in your throat, I once had a lesson in Poland for the correct handling of Eastern European spirits, but that was a long time ago.

I raise.
Some proper Polish "spirit" you can't handle anyway:

10446121.jpg
Here, have some Irish Poitín to go with it:

Bunratty-Potcheen-600x600.jpg

That contains too much glycol, and you get a real bad headache from it the other morning, if you get drunk with good vodka you can return to the construction site the next morning. At the end of the 90th I had to install control cabinets in Poland for the company I was working at that time. After these 3 weeks my liver was buzzing.
yeah, that wasn't a genuine suggestion kids... "don't try this at home"!

Glycol causes a metabolic acidosis, encephalopathy, seizures, all sorts of funky horrors... but on the plus side, the treatment is intravenous alcohol so I guess every cloud has a silver lining and all....

Seen a few, never pretty....

yeah, that wasn't a genuine suggestion kids... "don't try this at home"!

Glycol causes a metabolic acidosis, encephalopathy, seizures, all sorts of funky horrors... but on the plus side, the treatment is intravenous alcohol so I guess every cloud has a silver lining and all....

Seen a few, never pretty....
For the trivia, an old local was telling me about Poitín back in the days. Apparently, the trick was to burn some in a spoon, and the colour of the flame would tell you if drinking it was going to make you blind (methanol vs ethanol). They had no clue about the chemistry involved, but they had somehow observed that figuratively blindly drinking any old Poitín was a great way to doing it literally for the rest of your days.

Top Bottom