Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Well said.

Not related, but I found this amusing. Dunno about y'all, but I've had enough biowaste delivery in Elite.
NhQow5R.jpeg

Some of the Bio Waste mission have patches of blood on them and make sloshing sounds when you move them around :oops:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I really, really dislike caves in SC. Mostly because I've yet to actually manage to get into one to explore. Both times I've tried I've managed to kill myself at the entrance. Once because I fell off a ledge (fair), and once because I stepped into an almost transparent 2 foot deep puddle of water.

Shame, because I want to try out the hand mining tool, but this is ridiculous.

This form of mental self-control is something I would have expected only from some Indian gurus. You know, those guys who walk on fire with bare feet. You have my utmost respect for that! It may sound ironic, but it's completely serious. If only I could do that, I would probably be a happier person...
It's really not that difficult. Some can do the whole emotional investment thing and take it to extremes of course...but from my view, I can take all the negatives about Ci¬G on board, accept it but try out the project of my own violition whist separating and taking note all the deceit and mismanagement surrounding the project and still be able to think..."Hey, as a game... this isn't too bad at all."

Star Citizen has it's good bits, some of them very good...it also has it's bad bits, some of them very bad. But I rarely lump my feelings surrounding CR or Ci¬G's marketing strategies in with that...those are personal views and nothing to do with playing what is, at the end of the day, a fairly decent but massively incomplete game.

I really, really dislike caves in SC. Mostly because I've yet to actually manage to get into one to explore. Both times I've tried I've managed to kill myself at the entrance. Once because I fell off a ledge (fair), and once because I stepped into an almost transparent 2 foot deep puddle of water.

Shame, because I want to try out the hand mining tool, but this is ridiculous.
You don't need to enter caves to sample hand mining...you can use any ship scanner to find hand mineable deposits on the surface of any moon or planet. Hit tab to enter scan mode and when you ping (Left MB), look for little gem icons on your ship HUD...not the rock shaped icons, they're ship mineable deposits. Once you find the deposit, scan it using the right MB to identify it. Look for outcrops of hadanite or dolovine...

Last edited:
Have I suddenly been reborn as an accountant? I don't really care about the in depth analysis of someone elses business accounts...that's work. I fly pixel spaceships for occasional fun and frolics on t'interweb is all, I generally leave the entirely boring business of counting pennies to the nice bloke I pay to care about such things...and to make sure my cows don't go hungry because I've bought another tractor 🤷‍♂️

Just watch out for those cows growing wings! You might need to speak to your accountant about flight insurance!

Speaking of SQ42 release and chapters/episodes/whatever.

As I recall, early backers paid for parts 1 and 2 as part of their pledge. Then later backers only got part 1 as part of their pledge. Nobody ever got all 3 parts as part of their pledge.

Am i right? Or talking out of my rear end?

I'm talking pledges made in the first year or two.

And very vaguely... part 2 is going to be called Behind Enemy Lines or something?

Speaking of SQ42 release and chapters/episodes/whatever.

As I recall, early backers paid for parts 1 and 2 as part of their pledge. Then later backers only got part 1 as part of their pledge. Nobody ever got all 3 parts as part of their pledge.

Am i right? Or talking out of my rear end?

I'm talking pledges made in the first year or two.

And very vaguely... part 2 is going to be called Behind Enemy Lines or something?

That’s right. Currently, you can pledge $45/£43 to get guaranteed access to Squadron 42 (Episode 1, that is). That pledge also gets you immediate access to Arena Commander, an arcadey dogfighting and racing game, and Star Marine, a Star Citizen FPS. The price may change on full release.

You can also buy Star Citizen packages that get you persistent universe access plus Squadron 42 for a reduced price.

Some past backers had Episode 2 thrown in when they pledged, but CIG has not yet said whether or not Episodes 2 and 3 will be sold separately for everyone else.

Rescue Rat to the rescue! :cool:

Yes i bought a Cutty Red, so i can do some SAR type stuff (given no refuelling yet), and the respawning could be useful for things like cave exploration deaths and yesterday's @Trinity Star exploding rock issue ;)

Bought a XL-1 drive for faster QT, FR-76 shield, two more CF-277 Badgers - overclocked them, and i feel like i'm flying an A10 or something - BRRRRRRRRRTT!!!!

Sure medical gameplay is changing soon, but i should have 3+ months as is, and maybe can swap the beds for a single higher tier one. If anyone wants a respawn point, RescueRat07 is open for business!

1626983025270.jpg

1626984198447.jpg

oh and since i'm spamming screen shots, mind your step entering the lifts ;)

1626929164070.jpg

Its fascinating watching these Elite Dangerous players experience the Stanton System with their eyes as it is today being new to it all, not just because they are in awe of it all but also because they are realising things that to me have just faded into the ether, for example the way my ship reacts to the atmosphere is muscle memory to me, i automatically react to the way the wind is pushing my ship around, i don't even notice it.
As one of these, there is a lot of things to see and be impressed with in SC.
Some is just different to other space games, other things are not in those and so feel very fresh to me. As i said previously, if nothing else it's worth trying (free fly) if only to get some context for whatever is one's favourite spaceship game, and reflecting that back as to why a feature is/isn't in that other game and if it has relevance to what you want.

As for paying to play an alpha, as well as Elite's recent paid alpha i thought there was a paid closed-beta during Horizons? Or at least a £5-10 upgrade giving access?

Another way of looking at it, if you didnt get the ED extras, you get another entire (alpha) game by paying a bit more ;) For me i've saved on two copies of Odyssey and put that towards SC, so it's value for money even if it never progresses much past the current state.

Console owners are paying £60-70 for PS5/SeriesX games, Rachet and Clank or Returnal are fantastic but pricey; or i bought Valheim for me and the Mrs - again an alpha - had fun but it's to one side now. So the discussion on cost is all relative, and yeah no regrets on SC minimum pledge.

Nice backhanded insult ;)

35 you little stickler for accuracy you...

By physical work do you mean assets?

If so fair play :)

He just doesn't want you to see his secret fleet ;)

Dont feel insulted I agree with a lot of what you say and I feel you do speak truth. You are a ying to a yang and there's always the neutral line in the middle.

When I implied classier and intelligent I meant it. We have a brilliant community here overall.

I enjoy the Star Citizen thread because we have view points from everywhere and they collide and discussion happens. I give big credit to Frontier and the mods for letting this topic and off topic hosting because for the most part they allow open criticism of everything and even let the occasional off topic things go and sometimes those are the best parts.

People dont come to forums and post if they are not passionate usually. I feel like here is very space game enthusiast first mostly.

For a long time I thought viscous scam cult but after reading back and fourth much like government and politics you can just look at things as a gamer (Citizen) and enjoy whats there and leave the narratives and big picture stuff at the door and just be a gamer. Mole really helped push me from far from off to close center. I would go as far to say he may be the best normal poster influencer (Passively) just by speaking his truth. I wish you had a youtube channel Mole because it would be one I would actually watch.

As a gamer Star Citizen interests me greatly and I could buy in for the price of a dlc or game and just try and enjoy what's there. But not with a myraid of connection problems and buggines.

I dislike modern gaming because my ethics and morality gets in the way of stuff I would otherwise enjoy and its always a battle these days. I miss care free days of youth just playing whatever and not thinking past that.

Well, there is a significant difference there, aswell.

On one of those "alphas" what you see is what you get, the product has already been released, and has been subjected to reviews, scores and critiques, and detailed playthroughs of all kinds that can give you a very accurate description of what the product is. Barring the few months of pre orders the seller is only asking you for your money once all of us can consider a decision to buy or not to buy with 100% of the information available about what the product is and what it is not.

The other "alpha" has not been released yet past the 9+ years mark and we still have very little idea how will the final product end up, or what will be in it, and at what quality level. There has not not been any kind of formal reviews, scores or critiques for it yet since there is no final released product in any shape or form. And after all those 9+ years the seller is still amazingly asking us for our money based on dreams/promises even though no one has a clue yet what the final product will look like (if at all).

I will let you figure out which one is which, or which framework is more unethical / abusive of consumers.
I'm just tired of sleezyness in gaming in general. I obviously feel Frontier are more straight forward and honest and I know which is which.

However with a certain release they definatly fell down a few pegs. They are still currently my best hope to my ideal space game. I always hope to see Elite reach its potential. I even hope the same for SC, even if the odds feel impossible sometimes with the track record attached to it. .

Dont feel insulted I agree with a lot of what you say and I feel you do speak truth. You are a ying to a yang and there's always the neutral line in the middle.

When I implied classier and intelligent I meant it. We have a brilliant community here overall.

I enjoy the Star Citizen thread because we have view points from everywhere and they collide and discussion happens. I give big credit to Frontier and the mods for letting this topic and off topic hosting because for the most part they allow open criticism of everything and even let the occasional off topic things go and sometimes those are the best parts.

People dont come to forums and post if they are not passionate usually. I feel like here is very space game enthusiast first mostly.

For a long time I thought viscous scam cult but after reading back and fourth much like government and politics you can just look at things as a gamer (Citizen) and enjoy whats there and leave the narratives and big picture stuff at the door and just be a gamer. Mole really helped push me from far from off to close center. I would go as far to say he may be the best normal poster influencer (Passively) just by speaking his truth. I wish you had a youtube channel Mole because it would be one I would actually watch.

As a gamer Star Citizen interests me greatly and I could buy in for the price of a dlc or game and just try and enjoy what's there. But not with a myraid of connection problems and buggines.

I dislike modern gaming because my ethics and morality gets in the way of stuff I would otherwise enjoy and its always a battle these days. I miss care free days of youth just playing whatever and not thinking past that.
Many thanks for the overly kind words first of all...but there's the trick...don't ever grow up... unless you're speaking to your bank manager. There are enough adults too concerned with everything in the world already so sometimes, it's just refreshing to forget adult responsibility when it comes to computer games and just be enthralled by it all.

I'm kinda lucky in that I was granted a second life to try all this out :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom