Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dunno, nothing would make me happier but the logo at the end is too simple and quite some things look off...
I'm not letting myself unto the hype train until more official info.

Can't wait to see the backers' reaction to ED Odyssey! (assuming the trailer is real). 🤣
Easy: not enough fidels, bland terrain (quite true), no spaceworm, lacks a dozen of millions of polys, yeah but can you [insert super useful derivative not/badly implemented microgameplay]

The SC reddit has picked up on it.

Some funny comments there. Most actually positive, but some defenders of the faith already lining up.

I predict that the opposite will happen when people realize that all you can do is walk around on boring procedually generated planets with nothing to do except reading some flavor text after picking flowers.
As opposed to Start Ctizen?

For all we know you pick between getting out on foot or in your rover on the surface of a planet and otherwise you are still glued to your seat.
So, apart from the roads, aqeducts, sanitation... what have the Romans done for us?

Someone didn't get the memo in the last decade or so that consoles are actually pretty good in terms of quality and performance these days

LOL. This thing is coming in early 2021 on crappy Xbox One and PS4. LOOOOL 🤣 and of course, no gameplay footage.
Know what other game had a nice looking trailer? Anthem. It's easy to make a trailer, much harder to make a great game.
Says the SC backer...

Oh dear... someone thinks SC is ahead in tech

But truth be told, technically SC far more advanced than any other game in the market, and will remain so for the next 5 years at least. An actual competitor will be hard to find.
Also some funny comments

Early 2021? Ha! By that time we'll have the SQ42 video!
What I took away from this trailer: Jetpacks will be announced for Star Citizen later this year or sometime in 2021.
In response to someone being defeinsive of SC

Crash to desktop, fall through the floor...yeah it's fun

(in the voice of David Attenborough) And here, we see the formation of a new narrative....

This is a good thing for both games
This is not going to kill Star Citizen
Now, let us kneel and pay.

EDIT....

Wow, had to pick up on this one, the level of ignorance about ED is quite shocking.

Star Citizen is already blowing that out of the water with organizations, beacons and 50 player support (more in the future)
Orgs = Squadrons, beacons = signal sources/POIs?, 50 player support < ED 100+ people in an instance is possible, although wonky. In SC you simply can't manage that, servers start to melt once they get too many people in. In ED instances can break with too many people, but the game keeps going.

Last edited:
(in the voice of David Attenborough) And here, we see the formation of a new narrative....

Now, let us kneel and pay.

EDIT....

Wow, had to pick up on this one, the level of ignorance about ED is quite shocking.

Orgs = Squadrons, beacons = signal sources/POIs?, 50 player support < ED 100+ people in an instance is possible, although wonky. In SC you simply can't manage that, servers start to melt once they get too many people in. In ED instances can break with too many people, but the game keeps going.
Wait until they find out that PvE and PvP doesn't mix well and that there is no "slider".

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom