Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Last but not least, we’re aware that many of you eagerly await the Squadron 42 Update video we had mentioned previously. We’re eager too! So much so, that we jumped the gun and posted a publish date prematurely. We mentioned editorial issues, and to be very specific about what that meant, the video just wasn’t good enough, which oftentimes can be the case when working creatively. It’s very rare that we publish any video without it going through some level of iteration – our goal is to provide you all with meaningful content after-all. For this episode, it lacked the b-roll to properly illustrate what we were discussing, which led to it feeling like a lot of words without visual substance. We played with it, and added more visuals to better accompany our discussion. However, it became clear that we still weren’t quite there. So we’ve had to re-shoot some of it to better reflect what we want to show.​
To properly set expectations, this specific video is just another way to share more information by checking in with Brian Chambers and some of the devs and seeing what they are working on. Our goal overall is simply to create more ways to share Squadron 42 progress updates with you, especially in lieu of the Roadmap visualization which is being updated. We don’t want to leave you in the dark! So, while progress continues on an updated Roadmap (which we’re looking forward to rolling out), stay tuned and we’ll update the community content schedule as quickly as possible, and not before it’s ready.​

Last but not least, we’re aware that many of you eagerly await the Squadron 42 Update video we had mentioned previously. We’re eager too! So much so, that we jumped the gun and posted a publish date prematurely. We mentioned editorial issues, and to be very specific about what that meant, the video just wasn’t good enough, which oftentimes can be the case when working creatively. It’s very rare that we publish any video without it going through some level of iteration – our goal is to provide you all with meaningful content after-all. For this episode, it lacked the b-roll to properly illustrate what we were discussing, which led to it feeling like a lot of words without visual substance. We played with it, and added more visuals to better accompany our discussion. However, it became clear that we still weren’t quite there. So we’ve had to re-shoot some of it to better reflect what we want to show.​
To properly set expectations, this specific video is just another way to share more information by checking in with Brian Chambers and some of the devs and seeing what they are working on. Our goal overall is simply to create more ways to share Squadron 42 progress updates with you, especially in lieu of the Roadmap visualization which is being updated. We don’t want to leave you in the dark! So, while progress continues on an updated Roadmap (which we’re looking forward to rolling out), stay tuned and we’ll update the community content schedule as quickly as possible, and not before it’s ready.​
These people....

Why would anyone choose to believe them? They knew people would be more inclined to open their wallets on the back of eagerly awaited news about Squadron 42.
And now that the sale is over they're admitting they, not only jumped the gun with a date but that they also need to set expectations straight.

Weasels

😂😂😂 You know SQ42 was almost done but we weren’t happy with it 😂😂

Turbulent now creating payable DLC content? 50 dollars a planet or will it be 500? Potential exit strategy? This is SC 4.0 but we will be adding extra planets as DLC.

"additional solar systems locations" when the solar system didn't and still doesn't exist. Magic.
Somewhat relevant:
ACTUAL RESULT
Firstly, the in-game stanton model isn't by the QT marker. It feels like it's at least a few hundred KM away. Secondly there's a strange small point light source by the QT marker that isn't the suns point light source, but instead looks like a small ship light or something. Finally, your ship will immediately de-spawn and your character will slowly start getting contorted into a little ball. Using an emote puts you back into T-posing, trying to open up mobiglass will soft-lock your game, preventing you from doing anything except chatting on the f12 in-helmet hud. Attached images are of the contortion and my location right next to the QT marker. Unfortunately you cant see the point light in the image as you need to be inside 1m for it to render. I only tried this once since it takes a long time so i don't actually know how re-producible this is, so i set it to 3.​
EXPECTED RESULT
I should probably have ran into the actual sun and subsequently exploded.​

Turbulent now creating payable DLC content? 50 dollars a planet or will it be 500? Potential exit strategy? This is SC 4.0 but we will be adding extra planets as DLC.
Oof, imagine if they tried selling new planets as DLCs after people already gave money for them via stretch goals.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Somewhat relevant:
ACTUAL RESULT
Firstly, the in-game stanton model isn't by the QT marker. It feels like it's at least a few hundred KM away. Secondly there's a strange small point light source by the QT marker that isn't the suns point light source, but instead looks like a small ship light or something. Finally, your ship will immediately de-spawn and your character will slowly start getting contorted into a little ball. Using an emote puts you back into T-posing, trying to open up mobiglass will soft-lock your game, preventing you from doing anything except chatting on the f12 in-helmet hud. Attached images are of the contortion and my location right next to the QT marker. Unfortunately you cant see the point light in the image as you need to be inside 1m for it to render. I only tried this once since it takes a long time so i don't actually know how re-producible this is, so i set it to 3.​

EXPECTED RESULT
I should probably have ran into the actual sun and subsequently exploded.​
Hadn´t they managed to get 64b double precision float based positioning and rendering in? What´s the hold up?

Interesting images from Beexoffel on SA

Now, i'm aware that correlation doesn't mean there is a link, but its rather funny to think the worse the economy the better SC does, just like the worse the patches the more money they get as well.

:ROFLMAO: For a company that supposedly had their best month ever, they seem very desperate for cash…
Its rather strange isn't it? They have just had a massive milking session, their best month ever, and you'd think it would be more than enough to keep them going for a while.

Unless they know they are in for some tight months ahead, perhaps announcing that SQ42 is nowhere near completion and a second system isn't coming soon.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom