Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What about walking up behind the pilot and bopping them on the head or something? Someone else can then shoot the guy waking up in his bed and its off for beer and sandwiches.

In five years time SC essentially be what multicrew is in ED right now as more and more stuff is denied :D

Yeah with little ships this all works now I think. (Like you can steal the ship, but just joyride it for a while, not own it)

Although as I understand it, any ship with a medical bed (IE actually has a mobile respawn point, if set) gets stuck in a piracy loop where the owner respawns permanently in the medi bay, and pirates have to sit there endlessly killing them ;)

But yeah, capital ships probably won’t even allow you to hold a packet of crisps by the end...

Whats stopping the servants running off with ships though? Play along and raid the hangar and steal the good stuff would be very funny.
To be honest, while i'm not one for griefing other players, my main temptation on board someone else's ship would be to shoot the captain in the head and steal his ship.

Unfortunately, when i tried that in the previous free fly that i tried, after unloading several bullets at point blank into the captain's head, he didn't die but teleported out of his seat, appeared behind me, and somehow without firing a shot (from my perspective) killed me.

Fidelity.

I’m pretty sure the mopping stuff is a joke ;)
I blame Asp Explorer.

Having said that, its rooted in "reality" due to the lack of things to do during SC (despite the dreamcrafting of backers saying how they would repair ships while travelling and make plans as what to do when they reach their destination) combined with CIG adding things like toilets, indicating a level of "fidelity" which is not actually needed for the game to be delveloped.

So naturally the question in some people's minds is, what are you actually going to do as crew on a ship, and mopping floors is one amusing possibility.

Could be worse. I'd be worried Chris might get ideas if he reads up about the plans with Rulers of The Seas (a new age of sail/reason MMO that looks and screams vapour wear to me, but I'm seeing pick up traction amongst the historical era gaming communities I frequent).

Case in point:

Commoners & Nobility
Gamers are categorized into two classes, the commoners and the nobility. Commoners are the free-to-play gamers, nobility are the paid subscribers. Commoners cannot hold positions of government or high command, cannot start a joint stock company (a larger scale business) and do not have a vote in electing the Prime-Minister. Effectively the noble class rules the 152 nations of the world. However, Commoners have access to almost all content in the game, including all businesses and virtually all careers. In exceptional cases commoners might earn noble titles, earning them access to the highest circles.

The above is actual intended mechanics: https://www.rulersofthesea.com/gameplay/commoners-and-nobility/

Last edited:
Could be worse. I'd be worried Chris might get ideas if he reads up about the plans with Rulers of The Seas (a new age of sail/reason MMO that looks and screams vapour wear to me, but I'm seeing pick up traction amongst the historical era gaming communities I frequent).

Case in point:

Commoners & Nobility
Gamers are categorized into two classes, the commoners and the nobility. Commoners are the free-to-play gamers, nobility are the paid subscribers. Commoners cannot hold positions of government or high command, cannot start a joint stock company (a larger scale business) and do not have a vote in electing the Prime-Minister. Effectively the noble class rules the 152 nations of the world. However, Commoners have access to almost all content in the game, including all businesses and virtually all careers. In exceptional cases commoners might earn noble titles, earning them access to the highest circles.

The above is actual intended mechanics: https://www.rulersofthesea.com/gameplay/commoners-and-nobility/
Ooof.

Actually, its been suggested for SC already.

The idea is CIG allow F2P players who can't own ships, only serve on the ships of others (c.f. floor moppers) and paying players who are the "nobles"

Ooof.

The idea is CIG allow F2P players who can't own ships, only serve on the ships of others (c.f. floor moppers) and paying players who are the "nobles"
Ahh...but that was definitely suggested by the whaley-boi-Eve-spreadsheet-spaceships crowd...not Ci¬G. Mostly, the wannabe Org megalomaniacs are fairly sad lonely types with no real friends and not enough personality to go out and find some without buying a round of drinks for an entire pub full of Essex hairdressers called Naughty Nigel and Luscious Loz...

They'll never understand that friendship is usually offered for free and the other 98% of the worlds population that isn't them have at least one mate who'll turn up on a Sunday morning like a personal plague of locusts, empty your fridge, try out all the old bottles of Xmas gift aftershave that your auntie buys you every year and leave a trail of bog paper leading from the bathroom.

Ooof.

Wow, I can't believe this is actually a thing. I suppose the next step is to take it to VR, when our real world is unliveable.

Case in point:

Commoners & Nobility

huh...so like real life yeah? :D

https://turbulent.breezy.hr/p/aebf6385f91f-directeur-trice-artistique-senior-jeu-video-senior-art-director-video-game 🤔

What you will do:
  • Turbulent is building a whole new video game team on behalf of Star Citizen! You will help build this new team, that will create fully interactive new worlds from scratch, such as this one. A unique opportunity to contribute to the largest AAA space sim game ever. The only limit is your imagination. Day to day, you will work closely with designers in creating high-poly modular environments of the intergalactic video game Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded video game that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.“

https://turbulent.breezy.hr/p/aebf6385f91f-directeur-trice-artistique-senior-jeu-video-senior-art-director-video-game 🤔

What you will do:
  • Turbulent is building a whole new video game team on behalf of Star Citizen! You will help build this new team, that will create fully interactive new worlds from scratch, such as this one. A unique opportunity to contribute to the largest AAA space sim game ever. The only limit is your imagination. Day to day, you will work closely with designers in creating high-poly modular environments of the intergalactic video game Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded video game that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.“
interesting, has anyone gave a thought or investigate Turbulent? what exactly are they? CIG's partner in crime or what? have they produced anything outside SC?

What you will do:
One has to wonder why CIG need to outsource development of planet to Turbulent when they already have the knowledge in-house (so recruiting new people means getting new people up to speed) and why don't they just hire directly into CIG?

I think they are up to something.

Unless its a genious idea by someone to get development of planets out of CR's day to day reach!

interesting, has anyone gave a thought or investigate Turbulent? what exactly are they? CIG's partner in crime or what? have they produced anything outside SC?
Turbulent is a small company that hit the jackpot by remora:ing onto the money fountain back when CI¬G was on an outsourcing spree, while also being reasonably competent at what they do, making them the only party in the mix that actually delivered stuff that was sensible, worked, and arrived on time.

Since they're doing the most critical core part of CI¬G's business — the community engagement and sales platform — they're more like the fixer: they set up the plan, someone else does the job, and Turbulent rakes in a percentage without any of the exposure or blame.

They are a Canadian web design company and long term partners of Ci¬G...responsible for Spectrum and the entire RSi website no less...nothing too sinsister there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom