SPEAR "leader" need pilots to fight for him...?

I'm confused. Outlaw players are doing PvE BGS stuff that's in keeping with the lore of the game and the lawfuls are ganking them whilst doing it?

If it's a genuine attempt to stop them, for what purpose? Isn't SPEAR about stopping ganking in engineer systems and the like?

If outlaw players are spending time supporting systems like Riedquat, surely that's good for the lawfuls, unless the plan is to discourage them from that so they go back to ganking at the engineer bases?

I'm confused. Outlaw players are doing PvE BGS stuff that's in keeping with the lore of the game and the lawfuls are ganking them whilst doing it?

If it's a genuine attempt to stop them, for what purpose? Isn't SPEAR about stopping ganking in engineer systems and the like?

If outlaw players are spending time supporting systems like Riedquat, surely that's good for the lawfuls, unless the plan is to discourage them from that so they go back to ganking at the engineer bases?
There is no plan. Whatever happened to blaze your own path? i.e. I'll play the game my way no matter how it disrupts other players. I'm just an observer here and I don't speak for spear but its interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. Give them a taste of their own medicine and all that jazz. If I were tempted to delve into griefing for awhile, I wouldn't grief helpless noobs, maybe I would go after a group of known gankers just for the fun of it.

There is no plan. Whatever happened to blaze your own path? i.e. I'll play the game my way no matter how it disrupts other players. I'm just an observer here and I don't speak for spear but its interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. Give them a taste of their own medicine and all that jazz. If I were tempted to delve into griefing for awhile, I wouldn't grief helpless noobs, maybe I would go after a group of known gankers just for the fun of it.
do-it-emperor-palpatine-meme.jpg

BTW, not sure if you're aware of this but we gank each other just as much as we gank "innocent" players.

Just finding a high traffic area where lots of players are in open to engage in some PvP then.

Carry on. :)

Eh the thought process goes: we're devoid of our own gameplay so we have to go and harass the people we have a grudge against, then come up with some cudgy and half thought out excuse for why we have nothing better to do with our time.
Mix in a bit of: we're consistently losing so throw in some fast moving goalposts so we can continue to claim a win regardless of how badly everything goes for us.

Gotta save face for why you have nothing better to do than hound and harass individuals and groups in that space game.

I was sooo close to joining GARD when @Aashenfox was still active...
Alas, @Phisto Sobanii (and Colonia) got me first...

I think we desperately need both lawfuls and gankers, and hope much of this
yaddayadda is just banter. When @Fuego Estelar was in Colonia, we all had a lot of fun,
he hunted us, sometimes we hunted him, when I was clean he left me alone. That was cool.
I'm still active :) Check my youtube channel, still gittin gudder every day :D Since Barnardo already explained what happened to GARD, my work is done here. :) It was a cool time, but I wanted to focus on self improvement and became disenchanted with the landscape of lawful pvp (for various reason, some arbitrary, some trivial, very few serious issues, it just doesn't suit what I want to be represented as in this game) as well as the shallow nature of BGS play. I naively thought this would be the Alliance vs the Horde again, but unfortunately, this game doesn't support that on either a pve or a pvp level.

What it does have though, is an exceptionally high skill cap to personal combat, and that's always what I loved the most anyway.

FTFY.

Finally, someone who got it (almost) right.
If we've triggered a war there it's because we're at it before you came lmao. So this attempt from you to disrupt us would only work in the other way : pushing people to don't bother with bgs and just go ganking.

You're welcome. But there's two difference : First, you're recognizing here yourself that in this case you'll be also ganking. And as such, that secondly you're yourself a part of the pvp community and consequencialy have to find with other players a consensus about mutual rules.

If we've triggered a war there it's because we're at it before you came lmao. So this attempt from you to disrupt us would only work in the other way : pushing people to don't bother with bgs and just go ganking.
Given the amount of folks that had to pitch in for Code after the second day, as well as the squadrons that took part (per whole days history logs), it's pretty clear that the opposite is true. Inara's security report is also another piece of evidence supporting our claims.

That said, GG, congrats on your BGS win (enjoy more grind ;)). Ultimately, we all had fun and that's what matters. On to the next opportunity!

That's my conclusion too, I'm just wondering - why would people be blocking a CZ instance from resetting? One of two options are possible?
1. They want to win at all costs and will do anything to achieve it.
2. They don't expect to win but are small minded enough to use exploitative tactics to prevent the gameplay of other people.

So I'm just wondering what Lekeno's perspective on it is, and how he thinks that contributes to a gameplay where everyone can have fun.

Well, no.

You seem to see everything with a complicated explanation based on tons of assumptions or allegations.

I'm simply saying that the truth is much simpler than that, i.e. no one (to my knowledge) was actively blocking a CZ instance. I'm not even sure what you mean by this, we had several borked CZ and had to all go out and back in or switch to the other one to make it work. At no point (again to my knowledge) did anyone suggest that the CZ were borked because of Code/... doing [insert allegation].

Why does your side always have to come up with weird theories about why things don't always go your way? The one thing that's usually at fault is Fdev's code. Again, Occam's Razor.

Top Bottom